New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    [quote=renzo_d10;1732726]

Cause on Hyundai's case when they upgraded their units to R-eVGT owners didn't experience this kind of ... " problems "
    --

/quote]
    Hyundai didn't only upgrade their turbo charger from VGT to eVGT but also the fuel injector from a normal solenoid to piezo injector and at the same time they used different control chips for the new eVGT engines.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    beni : okay lang, sana lang huwag kasama yung hood decal at rear bumpers. :hysterical: pangit e.
    hehehe... trust me, the decal and bumpers depicted are probably not-so-liked by MMPC product planners... and neither do I.

personally i still have to see a VGTarian Strada myself and observe if it is smokey!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    hehehe... trust me, the decal and bumpers depicted are probably not-so-liked by MMPC product planners... and neither do I.

personally i still have to see a VGTarian Strada myself and observe if it is smokey!
    sir Ian di ba may mga lumabas VGT na wala pa bang nagpost sa tsikot na mausok din yung sa Strada na VGTarian sana hindi hehehe
    Last edited by tc327; April 30th, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cheng95 View Post
    Hyundai didn't only upgrade their turbo charger from VGT to eVGT but also the fuel injector from a normal solenoid to piezo injector and at the same time they used different control chips for the new eVGT engines.
    Eh di dapat ganun din gawin ng MMPC.

Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    sir Ian di ba may mga lumabas VGT na wala pa bang nagpost sa tsikot na mausok din yung sa Strada na VGTarian sana hindi hehehe
    Sana nga wala. I really like the Strada, lalo na yung TOTL. Kaya medyo nakakadisappoint IF maguusok siya.

Pero yung Montero kasi,.. hehe, di ko trip eh. Sorry sir TC ! :hiya:

*ian : Sana nga bro ! Sana nga. :pope:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    new Facia of Sportero(Strada) sa UAE

Old style yung rear bumper pero mas matibay yan. Mabigat nga lang. Personally, hindi bumagay, mas ok yung dati. :0

Pero ganda nung decals niya ah, interesting to see what ther color combination they would do for the different car color.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yun nga eh. old style kaya di bumagay. mas maganda pa yung rear bumpers na kinakabit ng TACP. hehehehe. yung itim na steel.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Got a non-VGT Montero and a VGT Strada.

Mas mausok pa Montero namen, and no, hindi siya mausok even at full throttle.
    Then again, 1K+ kms palang yung unit.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yun nga eh. old style kaya di bumagay. mas maganda pa yung rear bumpers na kinakabit ng TACP. hehehehe. yung itim na steel.
    Typo ....

*TSCP

*migs : Ohoi. Collector sir ah !

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Cause Toyota feels that their D4D is already enough.

Actually, they almost perfected it already. They have already fixed up the flaw that was seen on the previous 2.5L D4D units. Kaya they think that this is already okay.

Frankly, for me I support them. Cause some other brands, namely the Mitsubishi Montero, yes they upgraded to the new VGT technology already but what are you seeing on their TOTL variants ? Smoke. Smoke. Smoke. Heck, even at idle it releases so much smoke.

If ever Toyota will take on the next step and upgrade to VGT and will have the same outcome then by all means I`d still go to their old engine which is more " green " ....

I`m just hoping though that the VGT strada won't be the same.

Cause on Hyundai's case when they upgraded their units to R-eVGT owners didn't experience this kind of ... " problems "

--

Hey, Montero owners. Don't be mad at me. What I'm saying is the TRUTH. If Mitsubishi will just " tweak " their technology to be as green and as fast as the R-eVGT Sta. Fe's & Tucson then .. it will be much closer to perfection. ;)
    Sir was just wondering... been reading the thread from quite sometime now. are you an engr working for toyota or hyundai? feels like you know alot about their line up specially their technology. if ever what do you think is the reason why the new montero spew out white smoke? also what made you said its not green? i guess all of this vehicles passed the emission test with fly colors even if they do spew white smoke. also if im not mistaken the only thing they change was the turbo. the whole platform is still the same from the previous models.

was just skeptical on how you base your assumptions regarding the "being GREEN" are these came from personal experience with the sta fe/tucson/hilux/fortuner/montero/strada? i mean whats the basis sir?

thank you.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by migs0624 View Post
    Got a non-VGT Montero and a VGT Strada.

Mas mausok pa Montero namen, and no, hindi siya mausok even at full throttle.
    Then again, 1K+ kms palang yung unit.
    sir migs talaga ha di pareho sa new Montero planning to get the vgt too eh naka hold muna kasi nga sa issue hehehe

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
New strada worth waiting for?