New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi Guys,

Just want to get your comment and feedback between the two cars. I'm planning to get one soon pero hindi ako maka decide which one to get and I loved them both. I never had a chance to test drive these cars, kaya itatanong ko nalang sa inyo based sa mga experieced nyo. But there are things to be consider:

1. ridding comform, since my wife is pregnant kung pwede sana yung medyo hindi matatag. pareho ba sila ng riding conform?
    2. Fuel economy?
    3. medyo off road kasi sa province pero hindi naman ganon ka offroad pwede pa naman daanan ng mga kotse.
    4. reliability and re-sell value

halos kasi pareho sila ng price 1.2M more. I hope you can help me on this. Salamat in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Heck, if only for the looks alone, it's the Strada hands down.

Riding comfort, a lot of people swear by the Strada's ride (for a pickup). Dunno how it compares to a CR-V, though. Fuel economy, the Strada's powered by a CRDi powerplant, so there's a slight advantage there; medyo maingay nga lang compared to a gas engine. Off-roadability, lamang pa ring ang Strada since the CR-V's just a soft-roader. Not sure about reliability and resale value, pero it depends on you if you're looking to keep it long-term or planning to sell it after some time.

One other thing I personally like about the Strada 3.2L is that it also offers a manual variant without sacrificing 4WD capability, unlike the CR-V that has M/T only on the RWD variant. If you're after fuel economy, I suggest you seriously consider a stick shift and prove that not all drivers today have gone soft. :D

And if it's a factor to you, one complaint I often hear about Honda is maintenance cost.

But ultimately, it will depend on how you plan to use your new ride. If you're looking to haul cargo on the side, Strada ka na. But if passenger capacity is more important to you, then go for the CR-V.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 15th, 2008 at 04:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi ec4u2c,

To briefly answer your question..IMHO
    1. CRV should be better over than the Strada (Best among pickups)
    2. Difficult to say. 2.0 Li Gasoline vs 3.2 Li Diesel. Costwise..might be the same.
    3. Medyo Offroad means get a pickup. For me, even the roads in MM is so bad that I could not really enjoy driving a car without breaking it. The roads are just plain bad.
    4. Reliability = Strada, Resale = CRV.

It seems to be a tight match between the two. I did made this evaluation a few months ago. I chose the Strada over the CRV.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Hi ec4u2c,

To briefly answer your question..IMHO
    1. CRV should be better over than the Strada (Best among pickups)
    2. Difficult to say. 2.0 Li Gasoline vs 3.2 Li Diesel. Costwise..might be the same.
    3. Medyo Offroad means get a pickup. For me, even the roads in MM is so bad that I could not really enjoy driving a car without breaking it. The roads are just plain bad.
    4. Reliability = Strada, Resale = CRV.

It seems to be a tight match between the two. I did made this evaluation a few months ago. I chose the Strada over the CRV.
    How about yung confort sir, hindi ba matatag yung Strada?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako sir hindi naman natagtagan sa strada 3.2 kahit fortuner ok naman ride para saken. lakas ng power ng starda 3.2 smooth talaga. wla pako experience sa latest crv. ung gen 1 at gen2 ok naman kaso matakaw sa gas hindi nman kabilisan. parang mas mabilis pa strada 3.2.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You need to consider ingress and egress height of both cars for your pregnant wife. Are you planning to make your wife pregnant frequently? If not, that should not be a factor in choosing a vehicle. Also consider fuel cost, one is diesel, the other gasoline. Mechanics at Honda have been receiving complaints regarding the suspension of the new CR-V, the suspension thuds at potholes and humps.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ec4u2c View Post
    How about yung confort sir, hindi ba matatag yung Strada?
    Suprisingly comfortable..for a pickup. Kindly check the Strada thread for more info, in case you have not seen it yet..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it's probably even softer than the CRV...

The CRV has better handling and steering, but the Strada's steering is pretty decent for a truck... and the dramatic styling is still a head-turner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Afaik, resale is the same... I think mas okay ibenta ang pick-up's in the future. Dami sa probinsya gusto nito!
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yup, mas maganda resale ng pick-up than small SUV's.
    Strada is better although if you prefer a wagon a CRV would be better but its beaten in most aspect by the strada, in my opinion.

New Strada 3.2L Sport vs. 2007 2.0 Honda CRV