so close thread na...?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    so close thread na...?
    since this is not more informative...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup more than 2 years i started this thread wala pa masyadong montero..

Tama si proheart.
    Fortuner = Past
    Montero Sport = Present (sobrang dami na rin) parang "converse "
    Santa Fe = Future ? (pang pamilya talaga to)

Kasi we never know what is the next diesel engine of toyota and mitsubishi, pero mas aggresssive and engine design ng Hyundai. kahit european version nilalabas nila sa asia.. sana ganon din yung dalawang manufacturer..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    naman naman tama na ang sobra papuri sa Sta. Fe, baka sa future maibenta ko pa ang 4 yr old sta fe ko ng 1.5M nyan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Ikaw naman kasi pumuri sa umpisa eh kay yan Believe na believe ako sayo kaya pati ako bumili maskin walang test drive! :D

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sabi ko naman sa inyo eh

Perfect Built yung SF ni GM. Out of 2 Million units.

Ngayon, Kasing linis ng Bnew, Kasing amoy ng Bnew, at mas maganda pa sa Bnew.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^
    At hindi naluluma, hindi nagde-depreciate, nag aappreciate pa. :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Let me share my own review on a 3.0 Fortuner and a 3.2 Montero sport, since we own both vehicles, and I have driven them both regularly, here's my observation:
    Performance: on the paper, power and torque are equal, with the fort having a superior torque spread. In terms of acceleration, with both cars on D position, the Fort will outrun the montero all the time, as it moves quickly off the line while during the first and second gear, the montero accelerates rather slowly, and this becomes obvious when trying to overtake. I'm not sure if its due to its non vgt turbo or its transmission, as the engine isn't underpowered. the sports mode helps a lot, but its still not as quick as the fortuner. At higher speed, the Montero seems to feel nearly as strong as the toyota, as neither one of them runs out of breath even at over 160 kph so in terms of high speed passing, they're nearly equal. Its the fortuner for me due to its quicker response at all speeds.
    Ride quality: the Fortuner's ride quality has improved with this face lifted version, compared to our 2005 Fortuner (Destroyed by Ondoy ), but it pales in comparison to the Montero's ride quality. especially when going over road imperfections. Driving over potholes, one must remember to slowdown, as the comfortable ride of the montero may encourage one to just go over the bumps quickly, which will hasten wear and tear of underchassis components. I also feel that the seats of the montero is more comfortable. The fortuner's suspension is stiff, but it feels tougher. Still, if you are used to sedan quality ride, you definitely won't like the fortuner. Montero wins this one, by a huge margin
    Looks: The montero is sleeker, while the fortuner looks macho. It also looks more expensive than it is, I'll take the fortuner on this one.
    Features and Price: They're nearly equal in terms of features, give and take a few differences, but the Montero sport is priced lower (we got ours for 1.628m last december, compared to the fortuner's 1.741m. that's a huge difference in price, not sure of its current price though. Montero wins this one.
    So i think i score them a tie, the truth is, we wouldn't have bought another Fortuner if it wasn't for Ondoy, and we may have look around for other suvs too other than the montero if we weren't in a rush looking for a replacement for our 2001 Patrol (another Ondoy victim ) as both montero and fortuner are vehicles from the same class, still, both vehicles are competent in their own ways and if i have to choose just one, I'll pick either one of them without regrets, as there is always the aftermarket option for me to take if I want to address their respective weaknesses.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    i like the facelifted Sta Fe 4x4 with the new R engine. Awesomeness ! Even the older pre-facelifted version was plenty fast already !

No offense to fortuner owners but I drove my Dad's fortuner 3.0 V just awhile ago from Batangas back to Manila (anilao, star tollway, sto tomas, slex, makati). Its a truck! Lousy handling, lousy power (gave me zero confidence in overtaking in the single lane STAR Tollway portion), horrible ride (this is the pre-facelifted version and I know the newer model has a better ride.) Only 3 peeps inside the car and no luggage. Tires were at the right pressure.
    Sir, just curious, bihira ako makarinig ng comment na di satisfied sa power ng 3.0 d4-d, compared to which car po na bitin sa power?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Based on his post maybe compared to the new R-engine CRDi Santa Fe... While its down 1000cc against the Montero Sport GLS SE and some 800cc against the Fortuner V it has more horses and torque than both! German kasi ang technology ng Santa Fe at German na ang benchmarks na ginagamit ng Hyundai while Montero and Fortuner are Japanese...

New Montero Sport 4x4, Fortuner 3.0 4x4 or Sta. Fe 4x4.