New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Ive seen so many Monteros sports today... dumadami na sila kaysa Sta.Fe.. syempre out number pa rin sila ng Fort...
    hehe, being an SF owner mas gusto ko hindi gaanung dumami ang Santa Fe sa daan para naman exclusive lang.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Yung bayaw ko wala parin unit ng MS, 3 weeks na nagaantay, nawawalan na ata ng loob gusto na bumalik sa fortuner..
    Tell your bayaw "patience is a virtue" haha.. Waiting will pay back him with a comfortable ride/suspension rather than being impatient and choosing an uncomfortabe/matagtag ride..just being honest because i also own a fortuner.. im sure he would be satisfied with the Montero Sport

I love the Montero , I like the Fortuner , Eyeing for the Santa Fe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Ive seen so many Monteros sports today... dumadami na sila kaysa Sta.Fe.. syempre out number pa rin sila ng Fort...
    As of this time mas madami pa rin Sta Fe compared sa Montero Sport..Maybe by next year it would out number the Sta Fe.. Both are good SUV's

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    hehe, being an SF owner mas gusto ko hindi gaanung dumami ang Santa Fe sa daan para naman exclusive lang.
    actually maraming Santa Fe, hang out in Greenhills. you cant miss it in every parking lot in greenhills.

everytime nagpunta ako ng Ghills, lagi ko nakita whether in the middle of the day or rush shopping time.

Santa Fe seems to be popular in the upscale crowd of Greenhills elite. pero kuripot mamili kaya nga nasa greenhills eh hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Tell your bayaw "patience is a virtue" haha.. Waiting will pay back him with a comfortable ride/suspension rather than being impatient and choosing an uncomfortabe/matagtag ride..just being honest because i also own a fortuner.. im sure he would be satisfied with the Montero Sport

I love the Montero , I like the Fortuner , Eyeing for the Santa Fe
    Agree with this. Kund di naman urgent yung need ng bayaw mo for a new vehicle, then maybe he can wait it out. But then kung urgent ang need, then, sadly, shift na nga siya to another choice.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas maganda pala ang MS pag blacked out yung grill mesh. Nakita ko sa kabilang thread.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Mas maganda pala ang MS pag blacked out yung grill mesh. Nakita ko sa kabilang thread.
    what thread? pasilip

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    Sorry for the intrusion, I like also the Santa Fe but only if the price tag lessen similar to the likes of CRV, and Captiva. If Hyundai lessen the price of Santa Fe then for sure, it will compete with the other two SUVs mentioned here. Otherwise, people would opt for other models... I’m sure people are still having second thoughts on Korean Vehicles since they are still new in the industry.

Second, I really don’t know why Korean vehicles are increasing their prices similar to those of Japanese made. If they really want to sell their products well then, they should lessen their prices in order to be competitive... Would you believe that some Kia products are more expensive than their Japanese counterparts?

Sad but true...

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sorry po medyo OT:

Sir, I used to be a non-believer of Korean made cars. From the very first car that I had up until early last year, it would always be a Japanese and European car for me. But then, I had to let go of my CRV Gen2 and I didn't like the choices of cars to replace my unit. Until I came across the Hyundai Veracruz! I blindly bought it, not even having the chance to test drive it first. And when I got it, all those doubts where all gone! Very elegant, stylish, comfortable ride and very fuel efficient! For a big SUV, 1 full tank can reach up to 10 days and that includes one round trip to and from laguna. After 6 months, I got myself another Hyundai Sta. Fe because I am very happy with my VC.

Korean cars are not really that new in the car industry, you have Daewoo before and Kia. Unfortunately they where off to a bad start. But then again, there was room for improvement and that is why Korean made cars nowadays are already part of the competition of carmakers unlike a few years back when they used to be mocked at and belittled.

Quote Originally Posted by snake888 View Post
    Sorry for the intrusion, I like also the Santa Fe but only if the price tag lessen similar to the likes of CRV, and Captiva. If Hyundai lessen the price of Santa Fe then for sure, it will compete with the other two SUVs mentioned here. Otherwise, people would opt for other models... I’m sure people are still having second thoughts on Korean Vehicles since they are still new in the industry.

Second, I really don’t know why Korean vehicles are increasing their prices similar to those of Japanese made. If they really want to sell their products well then, they should lessen their prices in order to be competitive... Would you believe that some Kia products are more expensive than their Japanese counterparts?

Sad but true...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am also now a believer that Korean cars will always be a consideration when going car shopping. Gone are the days were people view Korean cars as disposable, cheap vehicles good only for people on a very tight budget. And you can't price a Santa Fe as low as a CR-V. The CR-V is smaller than a Santa Fe. Kalaban ng Santa Fe in terms of size is Fortuner, Everest and Montero Sport.

New Montero Sport 4x4, Fortuner 3.0 4x4 or Sta. Fe 4x4.