New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mas maganda nga wag muna kumuha not until nakapasa na sa bar exams...
    Reason: baka di na rin yan maka concentrate sa review niya pag me bago na siya tsikot...in the first place, ano pa ba ang magiging driving force nya para maging successful eh madali naman ibigay ni mommy at daddy?

Patience should also be a good virtue of aspiring and good lawyers of the land..just my 2c too!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry is a good bet. =) get the Euro car when you've earned your wings as a lawyer. My lawyer friend bought his first Euro sedan already when he was a partner in the law firm and his kid's education were already set.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Obviously big tiime yan frend mo, and his family.I advice he get 3.5 na Camry!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wag muna sya kamo mag-camry. he will deal with a lot of govt. employees from judges to clerks to police. tapos bago graduate naka-camry. baka perahan lang siya

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    2. your friend is not earning enough to maintain car, how much is gas per liter / monthly maintenance etc.. i guess some of this portion will shoulder by parents
    +1 ako dito. This is why I will not recommend ANY of your choices.

If he wants to be given a gift car, his parents ought to make it a second-hand one with a much smaller engine. I'd vote for an SX8 City (1996-2002) or AE92/AE101 Corolla (1989-1997). Your friend will be saving a lot in fuel consumption alone, and will better appreciate the ownership of such cars because he/she will be better acquainted with car maintenance. Besides, the point of having a car is transportation, not porma.

Kakalabas lang nya sa law school. If this is his/her first car, this should also be a learning experience too, he/she will better appreciate cars in the future this way. Heck, I know my managers still drive AE92s and itlog Lancers---and they make much more money than I do.

My two cents

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's not your job to be your friend's conscience. unless you feel he is hurting himself and his relationship with his parents by being selfish and spoiled.

if everyone's happy about this, then it's none of our business how "spoiled" this guy is...

i would go for one of the European cars. lawyers are like real estate agents...people want the successful ones on their side, and they have to keep up appearances. when i needed a lawyer in the 1990's, the one i picked pulled up to the curb in a big bad black BMW 7-series. i felt like a winner already

maybe it's different in the Philippines, but here in the US the Camry is a nondescript commuter car (albeit a high performing one)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i know a lot of atenean law students who watched a lot boston public and other lawyer themed tv series only to find out na sobrang jologs ng justice system dito sa'tin.

some smart suaved lawyers literally had to hire street smart lawyer juniors as frontliners just to deal with the unique bureaucracy we have here.

tingin ko not a good move talaga to use a camry being a novice in philippine law game

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    baka si Ben Musong tatay mo
    Hehhe.. :rofl:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Guys, maybe we should not be calling TS's friend as 'spoiled' or whatever. Humihingi lang naman advice regarding cars si TS. Although we care about every tsikot member as friends, tama na siguro yung magsuggest na lang tayo and give advice. Di naman kasalanan ng friend nya kung can afford yung family nila with such extravagance.

Sorry OT po

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wow.. ang yaman ng family ng friend mo ah..

Anyways, maganda po yung camry. Pero mas maganda kung naipasa na muna niya yung bar exam bago siya humingi ng big time gift.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New Gift