1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    which the best buy and value for money in terms of the ffg:

peformance, looks, reliability, gas consumption, maintenance wise etc

you comments and good info for the comparison for the this three SUV

Please.. share the comparison to see the best of the best

Comparison Forester 2.0X vs Honda CRV 2.0S AT

Performance=Forester (Almost exactly the same hp and torque but Forester is 20 Kg lighter AND has AWD)

Maintenance/Reliability=CRV by a bit (Subjective but I've had both)

Safety/Functionality=Forester (6 airbags, a moonroof, and AWD ba naman)

Cost & Interior Space=CRV

IMHO, everything else is just about a tie. In the end see which of the above features are more important to you. For me, performance and safety were my priorities kaya ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    The CRV's looks just doesn't appeal to me.
    +1. i'd rather have the outlander as one of the options

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Right. Outlander na lang! Same price with the CR-V (for the 4X2 model) 100X more handsome

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I am a Toyota fan, but I would like to have the Outlander as well because of its standard options.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The video seems fair... most of the shortcomings of the CR-V match up to my personal experience (especially the rear view... but that's what back-up sensors are for).

The Forester really beats the competition in terms of AWD sophistication... most CUVs have open differentials at both ends and a locking center differential. Good for most "slippery" situations (I've climbed the CR-V up a 30 degree grade of super-loose sand with no problems... just plumes of dust hurtling by the windows) but no good if you're beached on a heavily rutted road with two wheels in the air.

Personally, I'd get a Forester, if I had the money. I just wish the 2.5XT had a 5-speed AT available.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    you also have to consider SAFETY. the forester is the only 5-Star rated CUV since its inception. di lang sa passive safety (during crash) but more importantly sa active safety (avoiding the crash).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The video seems fair... most of the shortcomings of the CR-V match up to my personal experience (especially the rear view... but that's what back-up sensors are for).

The Forester really beats the competition in terms of AWD sophistication... most CUVs have open differentials at both ends and a locking center differential. Good for most "slippery" situations (I've climbed the CR-V up a 30 degree grade of super-loose sand with no problems... just plumes of dust hurtling by the windows) but no good if you're beached on a heavily rutted road with two wheels in the air.

Personally, I'd get a Forester, if I had the money. I just wish the 2.5XT had a 5-speed AT available.

Sometimes I dream of installing a smaller, second turbo on my FXT tapos swap the 4-speed with the 6-speed DSG of the Focus. A few more mods til about 350 hp then I'd race the whole of SCP plus JP Tuason to Pagudpod pero I'd let my friend Pepon drive (after the start and before the finish). hehehe. :evillaugh

But I really think I'm too cheap for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New CRV vs 2009 Forester vs New RAV4