New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    with the money that you're going to spend, get the civic. invest only in 2nd hand if it's good deal and investment is 500K or less

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on your purpose. for me, i would have to chose the CRV because of the space requirements.

but if you do not need space, why get a second hand vehicle for such a same price? get the brand new one.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I suggest you get a M/T 1.8 S Civic FD. My FC ranges from 10.5-12 kms/Liter with 70% city usage (medium to heavy traffic). No SUV can top that FC.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For 900T, I think the CRV is a better buy assuming a year old one with 12-14 km is still in pristine condition.

Basis:
    -more versatile vehicle
    -more seats, cargo space

Para sa akin, a small-to-mid size SUV or crossover is a better family vehicle.
    Sedans are good as a daily drive, going-to-work vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mas ok parin pag brand new. Pero depende yan sa needs mo eh..

my vote goes to Civic (though may CR-V din ako)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    For 900T, I think the CRV is a better buy assuming a year old one with 12-14 km is still in pristine condition.

Basis:
    -more versatile vehicle
    -more seats, cargo space

Para sa akin, a small-to-mid size SUV or crossover is a better family vehicle.
    Sedans are good as a daily drive, going-to-work vehicle.
    I agree with Gerbo.. CR-V gets my vote..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    badbatz raises good points, honga no... if i were in your predicament i'd go with a civic.

I will miss though the good things going for the 07 crv (dad's got one) - it's clearly a step higher, not only literally -it's plushier, quieter, and roomier than the civic. On long journeys it's the way to go in terms of comfort and cargo.

hmmm let me put it this way
    CRV= passenger's car
    Civic = driver's car

Good luck and post your final decision!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroFD View Post
    I suggest you get a M/T 1.8 S Civic FD. My FC ranges from 10.5-12 kms/Liter with 70% city usage (medium to heavy traffic). No SUV can top that FC.
    hmmm the FC is not bad for a 1.8 engine. with this much consumption, its really like a 1.6. hell, thats the FC i get with my LXi.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    but then again, that's 70% City driving. yung opismate na lagi kong kaagawan sa parking sa office has FD 1.8M/T.. he says he averages 8km/l pure city after reaching 5K PMS.. and he already has the ODO at 13K.. so stable na yun at that. considering that he is a very conservative driver (nakisakay na ko sa kanya multiple times) and rarely puts the pedal to the metal.. matakaw ren talaga. he drives alone, kasi the missus has a car of her own and also maintains the fuel at below 50% to lessen weight as advised by CASA.. same ren FC.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well if we are talking about pure city driving, of course any car would consume more fuel.

old civics like mine also get around 8-9 km/liter given its of heavy city traffic. i mean that figure isnt that bad given the traffic in the metro specially on a 1.8 engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Civic 1.8S vs 2nd Hand CRV 2007