New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Which of these two would be best?

The prices of these autos are much the same with ford giving away 50k off for their Escape.

So what's better?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pansin ko nga Ford is very aggressive in giving out deals, pati yung Everest maganda yung deal. Anyway between the 2 for sure Escape since mas may utility but teka muna what is the car's purpose? The Escape will likely be more hungry for gas (alam ko walang diesel yan) than the Corolla but as mentioned nga it has more utility.
    Last edited by tidus1203; November 3rd, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    actually we were just thinking what would be best for the price. Price is always an issue to buy a car. and both of these two are just the same in price. we were wondering what would be the best for it's price.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    suv is always better kahit na toyota pa yan. if i'm in your position, i'll get the escape in a heartbeat. i'll only get the corolla if it is yun tig 700k.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    if it's just purchasing price that you're concerned of, then I recommend you get the Escape. Big car, Ford Badge, and Gwapo..

But then again, the trade off, is high FC. My boss owns one, so does my Tita. She complains that it can only give her 5-6Km/L city driving... bad bad bad...

Altis, may be the same in outright purchase price but maintenance is lower in FC, plus parts.

just my two cents

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, there is no comparison here,- I'll take the Ford Escape over the Altis any day of the week.....

6909:seehearspeak:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You have to answer the question of the car's use first? Kung pang office lang siguro Altis na lang since gusto mo naman makatipid sa gas in the process. Or kung 2nd car na yan. Pero kung thats your first car maybe Escape para may utility just in case you need it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    escape, you will never know when you will need the space.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    actually d nman kelangan masyado ng space, steady lang. ang iniisip ko kasi, pag nagsawa ako sa escape, mahirap ibenta. unlike toyota, may re-sale value agad. pero iniisip ko din tlga ung escape kasi suv nga. ang gulo diba.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Escape is the BETTER vehicle, MORE versatile too....If I am in your situation, I probably have more FUN driving it than the sedan.....

.....that is if you have enough bucks for the gas....and better have it for long-term ownership as it has a relatively low resale value.

I bet you don't look forward for fuel consumption alone, otherwise a subcompact would just do the job....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast