2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mazda 6 gets my vote... :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maz6 ako...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    iba talaga dating ng 6 although some swear that the 3 2R's as nimble as the 6

6 for me, the civic's too... conservative sa design

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just curious why I seldom see a mazda 6 na 2.3... hindi ba value for money?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if you have the extra dough, i'd go for the Maza 6. the extra money will buy you things u can't get fm. the Civic.

* better dash/interior IMO, very classy Black Piano Finish....
    * better Handling too.
    * More AirBags (total of 6: side curtain ones, that will help u survive if u get T-Boned
    especially by a truck or SUV). though wag naman sana...
    * Powered Sun-Roof (my next car has to have this one), its not even an option
    in the PH DM Civic, kung gusto mo eh pabubutasan mo pa bubong mo.
    * Rear Folding (60:40) Seats (means u can load bigger/longer stuff if u need to).
    * Better Service. (i hate going to Honda dealerships nowadays, service just seems
    so slow. that's the price of having too many cars sold per dealer.)
    * COTY (spanking Honda Accord, Camry, Sonata) and its CBU Japan!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mazda 6 2.3L

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    khit honda fanatic ako, with ur choices, mazda 6 ako. iba narin un sa civic. if sa mzda 3 or vic, sympre VIc. ;)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's Civic vs. Mazda3? Depends on your priorities.

I've tried the front seat again and I'm finally convinced that the lumbar support (unadjustable) is way too hard. Think of the middle seat in the Alterra's second row (which feels like you're sitting on a rock) and you'll understand what it feels like the seat is doing to your back. The Lynx, Mazda3 and Focus all have excellent lumbar support, but they don't make you suffer for it. The side bolsters, seat bottom and head rests, though, are spot on.

The Civic's interior door handles are upside down (you'll understand once you see them) and are a bit inconvenient.

Control ergonomics are just about perfect, and the steering wheel is probably one of the best I've ever seen/held. Still don't like the split dash, but it's growing on me.

The Focus and Mazda3 both have better rear seat kneeroom. The Focus also has the bonus of rear aircon vents. On the Civic, the plastic backing of the front seat will cause discomfort for rear passengers if the front passenger and driver are tall, but the reclined position of the rear seats in the Civic is very nice. The Civic doesn't seem to have folding rear seats... can someone confirm this?

One weird gripe. The side airbags of the Civic are in the front seats. What happens if the owner installs seat covers?

Still, the Civic is bound to have better fuel economy and performance. I'm still waiting for my test drive to compare the suspension and handling.

But take into consideration the fact that the base 1.8 has no ABS/SRS/EBD.

Report Card:
    Space/Comfort:
    1. Focus
    2. Mazda3
    3. Civic

Controls/Ergonomics
    (tied) Focus-Mazda3-Civic

Handling? (tentative, based on published tests... will know for sure next week)
    1. Mazda3*
    2. Focus*
    3. Civic

*(driven)

Speed (from published tests)
    1. Civic

2. (tie) Focus
    Mazda3

Fuel Economy (from published tests)
    1. Civic

2. (tie) Mazda3
    Focus

Residual Value (projected)
    1. Civic
    2. Mazda3
    3. Focus
    Last edited by niky; April 23rd, 2006 at 07:56 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di ba mismatch?
    vic is to 3 as well as 6 to accord di ba? looks cguro lamang 6 pero natestdrive nyo n ba both?
    just went to mazda here in shenzhen this lunchtime to test the 3...but endup with 6 (2.3)kasi asa labas yung 3...maluwag sya at comprtable at maganda interior(mas type ko p rin interior ng civic)....pero sa totoo lang mas gus2 ko hatak ng 1.5vtec honda city ko...pwera biro!!! mas smooth magaccelarate yng CVT lalo sa arangakdahan...medyo nabibigatn din ako sa brake nya kumpara sa city....but i still have to testdrive the civic soon..ala png available for test kasi d2....pero base to sa 1.5 city ha pano pa kung sa 1.8 or 2.0 vtec engine ng civic? or 2.4 ng accord?IMO!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New 2.0 a/t Civic or Mazda 6 2.3