New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    with the new forester not sure if that is true since i haven't driven them both yet. for the old forester though the power is truly worlds apart. why didn't you test drive both so you could've seen for yourself? that's the best thing about the flyaudio, MI can't deny your warranty since plug and play lang and no splicing is done. for the pms price is pretty close to other japanese brands but the parts is a different story though.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A new CX-5 AWD Sport has been launched by Berjaya Motors, local distributor of Mazda. It has the 2.5L SkyActiv engine. Looks promising.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'd consider the CX5 over the 2.0 Forester. SkyActive, the way I understand it isn't really new technology but rather a new philosophy in overall car design - striving in particular towards greater efficiency. For the SkyActive engines, it means improved brake thermal efficiency thru higher compression ratios, something all engine designers aim for. I can understand being wary of tech like CVT (don't know yet how they will hold out in the long run) but the SkyActive tech, it's just old stuff done better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I drive a previous gen Subaru FXT btw and I love every moment spent in it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    A new CX-5 AWD Sport has been launched by Berjaya Motors, local distributor of Mazda. It has the 2.5L SkyActiv engine. Looks promising.
    Is this the 2014 model? You're not talking about the 2.5 AWD variant are you? Coz' I'm hoping the 2014 2.5 is the upgraded variant of the 2.0 FWD.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Subaru pms is 1.6t km the every 10t km afterwards compared to every 5 t km of other jap make.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I will take the subaru forester if i were to choose between the 3. Perfect size for the both of you, nice handling and boxer engine is reliable. You will drive long trips every weekend so a nice handling is a big consideration for driving pleasure.

Also consider kia sportage diesel. Looks damn good!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    I will take the subaru forester if i were to choose between the 3. Perfect size for the both of you, nice handling and boxer engine is reliable. You will drive long trips every weekend so a nice handling is a big consideration for driving pleasure.

Also consider kia sportage diesel. Looks damn good!
    Agree, the Kia Sportage no doubt looks good and offer more features. Unfortunately, it's Kia, maybe 3 more years before I can confidently say (my opinion) that Korean cars are at par with Japs brand. I still prefer reliability than sugar coated brand. Again, my opinion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345