New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I'd choose Avanza pero dont expect much dami tinanggal ng toyota sa J variant malalaman mo nalang pag nabili mo na pati ata sound deadening ang ingay kasi nung sakin parang may vibration yung body. If I were you dagdagan mo budget mga 800k, yan lang kasi mabibili mo sa 600k na MPV/Van

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ^^ wala pa namang 1.3 na matic for the Avanza right??
    Sorry... been quite a while since I drove one... yeah... wala nga.

The 1.3 MT, though, really is sluggish with a full load.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala pa dito sa atin.. pero sa ibang asian countries yata may 1.3A/T na ang avanza.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    never driven any sa dalawang cars but I have ridden these 2. sa stability (running at around 100kph), nung may parang uneven sa road, yung Avanza ang feeling ko parang titilipon na hehe (feeling ko yung tires hindi na nakadikit sa road) and yung APV naman mas maganda ang grip sa ground.

sa interior, well APV din. pero sa maintenance, mas madali obviously sa dami nang toyota cars ang avanza. pero kung Van type talaga ang gusto mo, APV ang sagot diyan. Avanza is like a car with seats on the rear.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you are really strict with your budget and your brand new-ness, i'd choose the avanza. i thought avanza rode "rougher" on the road than the apv, but hey, it's a toyota and should be easier to maintain in the long run!
    but if i can convince you to change your requirements, i'd go for a used auv, starex, or even innova.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Mas okay nga din buy (slightly) used if 600K lang talaga ang budget. Masyadong basic talaga ang APV and Avanza for that price range.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The APV has a bigger interior space because the engine is under the front seat compared to the avanza. If space is important, the APV is better.

The APV has a better interior than the avanza J. mab\ybe even beter than the avanza G.

The engine of the avanza j (1.3l) has almost the same power as the engine of the type I APV (1.6l). But you get better milage. fuel costs, Avanza J is better.

The APV is heavier than the avanza (equal to one adult). this thanslates to better stability for the APV compared to the avanza.

The Avanza is lighter than the APV, so better power to weight ratio. If the same load (weight) is placed on the APV and Avanza, the avanza will perform better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah try to save some more and gun for an Innova J man lang...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello folks, long time I haven't visited these...

I'm a APV user for 7yrs with the orig 2005 GLX matic. I'm happy with it, my butt isn't cooked during the ride. The one fighting feature that won me over is the high ground clearance and the location of the air intake, allowing this "ulgy" beast of mine to cut through floods, at least at half-wheel level. With me living in Antipolo and the occasional floods in Marcos Highway, sulit na itong ride ko!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    If you consider spare parts reliability, fuel consumption (1.5 liter)and resale value, go for toyota avanza. No offense against suzuki owners but Im not so sure about the resale value and after sales of suzuki.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
NEED SUGGESTIONS APV or AVANZA??