New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenang View Post
    Another Question there is an offer for me a 2010 montero sport GLS you guys think its a good buy? im quite tall about 6 feet and also a santa fe was offered to me decisions decisions these are all 2nd hand thou the monty has about 9k on its mileage and the santa fe about 16k
    2 yrs ago when i'm looking for a car, one of my consideration is a spacious room that can accomodate my visitors from europe and US (i'm working on a multi national company based abroad) and we usually visit our clients here in Phils (electronics and semiconductors).

my choices was fort and ms. the fort is very bumpy, ms headroom is short and not that spacious. eve came on my mind but due to a limited budget, i end up buying the tucson.

i suggest you try to explore what do you want to cnsider on your purchase, price, space, ride quality, style, etc. then you will be happy with your choice no mater what brand and model it is

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sta Fe is better than the MS if comfort is your priority. But if it's second hand, you should inspect it properly first. Many here can give you advice on buying second hand.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenang View Post
    Another Question there is an offer for me a 2010 montero sport GLS you guys think its a good buy? im quite tall about 6 feet and also a santa fe was offered to me decisions decisions these are all 2nd hand thou the monty has about 9k on its mileage and the santa fe about 16k
    6'2" yung bro in law ko..

Sabi niya sa Santa Fe namin, "Wow ang comfortable i-drive, ang bilis. Layo sa CR-V"

So SF gets my vote kung used ang kukunin mo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    MS is a good buy because:
    1. there is no facelifted variant yet.
    2. it has less mileage.
    3. It is more common on the streets.
    4. It's nicer to be dressed up compared to the SF.
    5. It has a better third row seating compared to the SF the GLS model has a bare interior though.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1. There's no facelifted variant pero may upgraded version na.
    2. But more issues.
    3. Being common isn't nice, habulin ng halang ang bituka.
    4. Personal preference nalang yan.
    5. Really? Yan ang una kong napansin pagsakay sa 3rd row ng SF. Mas comfortable ako sa SF.

Had a 2009 Montero Sport but sold last January. ;)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 2nd hand prefacelifted Santa Fe is not a good choice compared to a new one. Why?
    1. Has a facelifted version and an upgraded engine.
    2. What if the 16,000km Santa Fe has more issues than the 9k MS?
    3. Being uncommon means being an also-ran. Especially if it's not even in second place.
    4. Give me a picture of a really good dressed up locally available SF then I will concur.
    5. Sorry I don't ride in the third row seat eh.

Never had an MS because of the bare interior, otherwise it was a steal.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1. Then what's the issue? Is the power not enough?
    2. Kindly refer to the Montero Sport issues thread. Good thing we didn't encounter any of the issues posted there.
    3. SF might not be the second placer but it's better than.... (no comment)

5. Kaya naman pala.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung 1st pic is that from the Philippines?
    Yung 2nd Pic ang ganda nga.

I concur with SG that the SF especially the European Grille Facelift Version of the SF is very nice..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    1. SFCP member, dcautobuff
    2. SFCP president, LR

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Need help purchasing first car SUV