New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm an ordinary driver-owner, and a toyota fan, because i have had good experience with its reputedly trouble-free ownership and ease of maintenance, even off-casa (banawe! heh heh.). toyota also has its sniggles, but i am willing to overlook it.
    you see kasi, i used to be an owner of a "non-toyota" car. and one day, as i was looking for a part, the shopkeeper sadly shook his head at me, saying "wala, ser". he then faced the next costumer, who said what he needed, and the keeper replied, "original, japan, o taiwan? kanan o kaliwa? pang-matagalan, o pang bayan seller? ilan gusto mo?" and inwardly, i said to myself, "ganyan ang gusto ko!"

if you have no reason naman... perhaps you should try out the competition...?

btw, i'm not on toyota's payroll, in any imaginable way.
    Although matagal na tong comment doc, hehehe.
    But ngayon kaya na nagsulputan na mga online sellers, problem pa kaya to?
    Siguro yung mga newer brand kakapasok pa lang hirap pa maghanap ng piyeza.
    Pero dun sa mga matagal na dito na non-toyota, I think madali nalang makahanap online if wala sa suking talyer.

Toyota is still the king when it comes to parts.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Pero dun sa mga matagal na dito na non-toyota, I think madali nalang makahanap online if wala sa suking talyer.

I believe parts for even unpopular cars are no longer difficult to find. Just join a car club in facebook and you’re bound to find somebody legit who’s well-known and selling original parts at a reasonable price.

The real problem are for those people who are not living in Luzon where it can take days to ship and deliver the parts needed which may not be locally available. That is especially difficult in a situation where you don’t know exactly what part needs to be replaced. Kumbaga, may babaklasin pa para malaman ng mekaniko ano ang problema. Since it takes days to deliver, either iiwan mo sa talyer ang sasakyan or put it back together and wait for the identified problematic part to arrive.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Problem lang kung part na hanap mo ay engine or tranny or turbo. Yung mga usual filters, dami na sa aftermarket. Even yung suspension bushings, madali na rin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Problem lang kung part na hanap mo ay engine or tranny or turbo. Yung mga usual filters, dami na sa aftermarket. Even yung suspension bushings, madali na rin.

In Luzon. Even engine parts are quite easy to source. Seen lots of sellers with stock of engine parts that are normally difficult to find.

In other “far-flung” places like here in Mindanao however, shops tend not to keep stock of parts for rarer cars. Yung Focus namin, no shock absorber was available locally. Wala sa casa. No KYBs, no OEM. Had to order from a seller in Luzon. But yes, the filters, super easy to find locally.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

If we're talking Mazda2 DJ, Skyactivs share the same oil filter for all nonTurbos....& lotsa other parts like pads, tensioners, plugs, clockspring, infotainment system, etc. The 2 may not be as common as say the Yaris, but the collective Skyactiv population has helped w/ parts supply-demand. Never had trouble sourcing consumables...& deep into our 5th year of promdi ownership, we've only had to do PMS & batt swap. Reliability is good.
    A known advantage of global architecture models like the DJ(aka Toyota Yaris iA in North America) is the ease in searching cheaper equivalent parts online, local or overseas...Grabbed a much cheaper spare OE set of front pads from a US Toyota dealer. My parts-sourcing experience w/ Suzuki(gen1 Vitara & JB43 Jimny) isn't as easy as the Skyactivs.
    Drive-wise, the 2 is lotsa fun. NonCVT....a poor man's MX5.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I believe parts for even unpopular cars are no longer difficult to find. Just join a car club in facebook and you’re bound to find somebody legit who’s well-known and selling original parts at a reasonable price.

The real problem are for those people who are not living in Luzon where it can take days to ship and deliver the parts needed which may not be locally available. That is especially difficult in a situation where you don’t know exactly what part needs to be replaced. Kumbaga, may babaklasin pa para malaman ng mekaniko ano ang problema. Since it takes days to deliver, either iiwan mo sa talyer ang sasakyan or put it back together and wait for the identified problematic part to arrive.
    very true.

in my experience,
    part of the problem is that i do not know what part it is that i need. dapat baklasin pah.
    how many times already, i thought it was part A. yung pala, it was part A AND part B that both needed replacement...

that is why, i have been going to banawe for my altis and innova needs. it is fortunate, that i do not live very far from it.
    knowledgeable labor is easily available there, as are spare parts.
    it really pays to have a popular car to maintain.

if i had a mazda2 or a ciaz,
    unless i find a reliable aftermarket place, i'd probably bring 'er to the casa for fixin' .
    Last edited by dr. d; May 24th, 2021 at 10:04 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    medyo alanganin ako pag suzuki.. although matibay mga engines ng suzuki, parts will be hard to source.. even consumable parts.. and if you find one, they usually go for higher price compared to the T badge.. madalas yung SGP are the only available and there are no "replacement" parts..

for this two choices, id go for the mazda 2.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Drive-wise, the 2 is lotsa fun. NonCVT....a poor man's MX5.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I have encountered a few Mazda2s on the expressways but they are not having fun at all with it. Hehehe

Maybe if I was the one driving, I’d flog that small car hard the way I flogged my Fiesta Ecoboost on the open roads. I do miss driving that small feisty car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Hope this would help
    I currently own a 2016 mazda 3 hatchback and my wife is using a 2015 suzuki ertiga

I'll just rate them per category i guess

Resale Value: both have low resale values but i think mazda 2 is more sellable than the ciaz

looks: i like the looks of the ciaz compared sa sedan na mada 2 but if it's a hatchback i'd go for it.

performance: Mazda 2 (driven one and it's faster than a 1.6 altis)

fuel consumption: suzuki sobrang tipid! mazda cars are gas guzzlers eversince

reliability: i'd go for mazda on this one especially if bought brand new since libre PMS and all. And also i don't know if it's just my wife's driving (she drive's slow) but there are more parts replaced in the first 3 years of our ertiga compared to our mazda 3. i think for the first 3 years normal PMS lang like oil and stuff. brake pads were replaced year 4 na this was around 42K mileage. but again im basing sa cars that we have now but with the same brand

comfort: mazda 2 is cramped compared sa ciaz, also mas malaki cargo space ng ciaz; in terms of ride quality i'd go for mazda very quiet and feels solid yung suspension.

Brand: Mazda it's still considered higher than suzuki by majority

hope this helps!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my 98 centavos' worth,
    mazda is easier to maintain than suzuki.
    suzuki is nice, provided it does not malfunction.

old skul ako.
    when i need car repair, i go to the physical parts store with its bevy of mechanics, and not to the internet, where all they have is parts and no mekanikos to check what parts i need and install them.
    how many car owners know how to see what part needs servicing?
    for my internet shopping, i turn to my son. he does not know cars, but siya ang internet-savvy.

my bottomline,
    get a toyota.
    the initial cost may be larger, and the car might be more basic,
    but the the fewer headaches come repair time will probably be worth the extra initial expense.
    plus, in the event that you want to sell it, it will command higher re-sale value, and still have more takers.

i once based my choice of used car, on the lower price.
    big mistake, it turned out for me.
    "there is a good reason why the asking price is lower than the others'."
    in my example, it was the difficulty in sourcing spare parts. lookit post # 41 above.

and while spare parts may be easier to source now, what with internet shopping,
    there is the matter of 'who's gonna install it?'
    if it's just the plastic cover of the door opener handle, that's fine.
    but what if it's the tie rod end? the ball joint? the AT shift cable?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 5th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast