2. Join Date
    May 2006
    magiging Ford Focus vs Honda Civic vs Mazda 3 ang thread na to

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i'd get the Mazda3 S.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Magkakalapit lang ba ng presyo yung tatlo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahahaha... the TDCi is just waaaay over that budget... but I'd love to buy one myself... my raving about it actually convinced my Dad to get one.

But on the practical side... I'd get the cheapest new car I could get... a 1.3 liter manual transmission Honda City or Toyota Vios would do fine...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for me toyotas are reliable and when it comes to fuel consumption there very good! so go for the vios G varianT!! !

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. coming from an altis, you will feel claustrophobic when you shift to a vios.

but when it comes to fuel consumption, the m3 is really a thirsty machine.

so my take is the city. spacious interiors + fuel efficient.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    According to the test done by niky, it seems like the revised MZ3 is a bit more fuel efficient:

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    While not a fuel-miser, the Mazda3 isn’t as thirsty as the old Familia. Driven conservatively, at 60-100 km/h, we saw 11.2 km/l (50/50 City/Highway). Notch up the pace, hitting 100 to 120 km/h and revving more to get around trucks, and that goes down to 10.5 km/l (Monday rush hour). Drive it with more gusto or in Makati-level traffic and it goes down further (8.5 km/l, weekend fun).
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=17

And you know how niky defines "more gusto" & "weekend fun":

:lol:

===

Between the three, I'd get the Mazda3 anytime. Despite the improvements (better ride, better rear legroom, slightly better interior) in the revised Vios (bigbigcar.com review: http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=20), it still isn't sufficient to take on the Mazda3 in terms of overall refinement, comfort & class.

Though if you're looking for an uber utilitarian vehicle that'll just get you from point A to B, the City & Vios ain't bad at all.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Corollax View Post
    I planning to sell my Altis and buy a new car this January. Which is the best among these 3? Vios G Leather, City 1.5V or Mazda 3 1.6S?
    Hmmm... Have you test-driven/test-ridden them already? Why not also wait for the new Altis, it's supposed to come out sometime February 2008.

But if you were really insistent, and choose to get one of the three, I'd go with the Mazda 3S. At least it's in the same category as the Altis. The other two are sub-compacts. Downside is fuel consumption though, since the 3 drinks more than the other 2.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    hmmm. coming from an altis, you will feel claustrophobic when you shift to a vios.

so my take is the city. spacious interiors + fuel efficient.
    You should have been with us on the drive... the new Vios has pretty great headroom... though the rear seat is still narrow, like the City's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need Help!!! Which is better to buy? 07 Vios G Leather, City 1.5V or Mazda 3 1.6S ?