New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Forgot to throw in my vote for the City 1.5E as well. Best ride quality and driving experience imho. Well worth the asking price.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    My ex staff bought a GLS G4 and it's her first brand new car... Tuwang tuwa naman sya and much better than her old Corolla E100.
    I like my old rola compared to the mirage.
    Fc lang talaga ang nagpanalo sa mirage.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ Is it me or is the Suzuki D-Zire an ugly-looking car? The Swift looks better.
    It's not comparable to the City or Vios that's for sure - presyo pa lang ang layo na eh. The Swift of course looks better because it is better proportioned for its size, being a hatch. But compared to other small sedans like the Mirage G4 and Brio Amaze, the Dzire actually looks decent. For sedans of that size and category pilit na kasi talaga proportions when you have to squeeze in a proper trunk. That trunk is something that many can appreciate (i.e. to put stuff into to maximize limited interior passenger space, put dirty stuff like wet market goods and shoes that won't soil/stink your interior cabin, act as a rear crumple zone for rear passenger safety, etc.). I suppose buyers in this price segment are more concerned about overall practicality than just mere good looks. Aside from the rear vents and 12v socket, it also has foglamps, touchscreen infotainment system, I-MID, power everything, rear center armrest with cupholders and steering mounted controls - just about everything that bigger subcompacts offer. Kulang na lang yata stability control eh. I just found the Dzire's overall value proposition at P698K to be very compelling when I chanced to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    saw the actual unit already and to me it's ok and definitely better looking than the old Swift D-zire. inside, i was surprised by the space, rear aircon vents and 12v socket. medyo alangan lang ako sa AGS since i have the QQ AMT which is similar though most likely the Suzuki AGS is more refined.
    I can't recall where but I read somewhere that the Dzire has the second generation AGS. And yes, it is surprisingly roomy inside for its class.

Now if there's evidence that the Dzire's AGS is going to be a problem later, well then let's hear it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Yes...

I posted a long list of complains about the Mirage on another thread...
    Passenger lang wife and daughter ko and they both hated it.

Almera handled much better.

But as I posted din earlier (also on another thread)

My ex staff bought a GLS G4 and it's her first brand new car... Tuwang tuwa naman sya and much better than her old Corolla E100.
    ung g4 ng nanay(kapatid ko ung driver nya) ko wala nmang problema. its a basic car nga talaga best for those who are still learning to drive. 70k kms na ung mileage nya about 1 and 3/4 years palang but properly maintained sa casa so far no problem. fully loaded pa nga kadalasan including the trunk. ung sinasabi nila mahina ung rear suspension hindi nman mahina malambot lang talaga at ramdam mong pangit sa fast corners. sa dalas na mafull load wala pa nman silang nakikitang leak sa suspension.
    since habol ni ts ung para sa fiance nya hindi nman cguro kelangan ng aggressive na car. more on toys kasi cguro if para sa mga babae as long as maihahatid ka from point A to point B.
    kung si ts sana naghahanap honda city would be the best talaga among the rest.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    price of the Vios 1.3E CVT is already at PHP878,000.

agree with ice15 but I'd also add the Ciaz 1.4GL in #1 for closer comparison/consideration just because of its size and my experience with the Ertiga and Suzuki in general, which is quite good.
    OT lang natandaan ko yun 1994 Honda Accord 2.0 Exi A/T namin 878,000 din. hehe talk about inflation.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    OT lang natandaan ko yun 1994 Honda Accord 2.0 Exi A/T namin 878,000 din. hehe talk about inflation.
    That was 24 years ago. A Civic EG would have been priced around 500k back then.

If you ask me though, despite a new City's toys and gadgets, a 5th gen Accord will be a much better car to drive back then and even now (assuming properly maintained).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That was 24 years ago. A Civic EG would have been priced around 500k back then.

If you ask me though, despite a new City's toys and gadgets, a 5th gen Accord will be a much better car to drive back then and even now (assuming properly maintained).
    We also had a 96 vti manual. priced at 560k naman. the city would probably be superior interms of drive pero kung comfort lang accord pa din. Damn now I miss our old car hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    We also had a 96 vti manual. priced at 560k naman. the city would probably be superior interms of drive pero kung comfort lang accord pa din. Damn now I miss our old car hehe.
    Superior against a 5th gen Accord? I would have reservations about that if talking about how it drives. We had a 6th gen Accord (2001) and a previous gen City 1.5E (2009) before. The City is just a bore to drive. Accords are more responsive, better control, and more plush interiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    TS

get your fiance a test drive to the cars she wants. since she will be the one to drive, you are gonna need her inputs once she tried test driving the available cars.
    Ask her which one she finds the easiest to drive and PARK. since first time drivers usually have a hard time parking cars.
    From the test drive you can narrow down your choices.
    Personally would pick the Toyota vios simply because of its safety features which is a much needed feature for your peace of mind.
    the honda city will come in a close second. You could also check the Honda jazz/Toyota yaris or the mobilio. not sure if it will fit the budget thou.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Try mo din hyundai accent diesel

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast