New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    i dont know ha. pero ok naman ang itsura nang innova. hehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Just an update, decided to get a Fortuner. Took a while due to pandemic, just a question though, which variant is better?. 2016 2.4V or 2018 2.4G (same price), does the Disc rear brakes makes any difference? And also 2016 2.8V for another 200-300k, if this is worth the price difference, probably will get the 2.8V.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soul987 View Post
    Just an update, decided to get a Fortuner. Took a while due to pandemic, just a question though, which variant is better?. 2016 2.4V or 2018 2.4G (same price), does the Disc rear brakes makes any difference? And also 2016 2.8V for another 200-300k, if this is worth the price difference, probably will get the 2.8V.
    rear disc doesn't make any difference in braking power.. get the 2.4V, better interior, leather seats and power tailgate, auto power window on all 4 and all buttons are illuminated.

if the 2.8V will be in the picture, then i suggest the 2.8V bigger engine and 4x4 capability..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    rear disc doesn't make any difference in braking power.. get the 2.4V, better interior, leather seats and power tailgate, auto power window on all 4 and all buttons are illuminated.

if the 2.8V will be in the picture, then i suggest the 2.8V bigger engine and 4x4 capability..
    Thanks bro, will look into 2.4V or 2.8V models. Just needed the clarification on the rear disc vs drum brakes. Will check on the market on which deal is better. Thanks for all the advice

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Thanks bro, will look into 2.4V or 2.8V models. Just needed the clarification on the rear disc vs drum brakes. Will check on the market on which deal is better. Thanks for all the advice
    2.4V will do just fine, if you are not going offroad or going into the rough stuff. The 2.4V 4x2 almost the same equipment as the V 4x4 2.8L. Except the four wheel drive and VSC.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If budget allows, get the 2.8V. Awesome engine. The 2.4 isn't a slouch but it's sakto lang.

2.4V vs 2.4G - no question, get the V. Drum brakes don't make a difference, but you get LED headlamps, 18" rims, power tailgate, push button ignition, leather interior, all much more useful than drum brakes.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If budget allows, get the 2.8V. Awesome engine. The 2.4 isn't a slouch but it's sakto lang.

2.4V vs 2.4G - no question, get the V. Drum brakes don't make a difference, but you get LED headlamps, 18" rims, power tailgate, push button ignition, leather interior, all much more useful than drum brakes.

Will try to scout for the 2.8V since its quite rare in our area (Cebu). The engine and additional features (7 Airbags, VSC, HSA), I think its worth the price difference.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just want to confirm, your question pertaining to disc vs drum brakes is because the 2018 model comes with disc brakes right? But the 2016 model didn't come with them yet correct?

Reason I know, my brother owns the current Fortuner and bought during the first year it was out in our market. It only came with rear drums then. I think after a few months my brother got his, they launched the "update" with rear discs already.

If you "may" be sensitive to "lurching" during braking, then I personally would prefer the disc brakes over the ones with drum.

Reason is, at any "Reasonable" speed within the speed limit, just applying the brakes on the Fortuner with rear drums, there is no brake balance with the Fortuner when they came here. It will lurch forward because the front bites harder than the rears. I really hated it when I drove it and it was uncomfortable for my mother who is a "biyahilo".

This can be treated as anecdotal but this is my personal experience driving the Fortuner with rear drums, even the previous gen, I drove my uncles and it suffers from the same lurching sensation when you apply the brakes because of the brake balance being immediate in the front and the rear "taking its time".

If that is not an issue for you, then yes the V added features are definitely better than the G for the little to no price difference that you are mentioned.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Just want to confirm, your question pertaining to disc vs drum brakes is because the 2018 model comes with disc brakes right? But the 2016 model didn't come with them yet correct?

Reason I know, my brother owns the current Fortuner and bought during the first year it was out in our market. It only came with rear drums then. I think after a few months my brother got his, they launched the "update" with rear discs already.

If you "may" be sensitive to "lurching" during braking, then I personally would prefer the disc brakes over the ones with drum.

Reason is, at any "Reasonable" speed within the speed limit, just applying the brakes on the Fortuner with rear drums, there is no brake balance with the Fortuner when they came here. It will lurch forward because the front bites harder than the rears. I really hated it when I drove it and it was uncomfortable for my mother who is a "biyahilo".

This can be treated as anecdotal but this is my personal experience driving the Fortuner with rear drums, even the previous gen, I drove my uncles and it suffers from the same lurching sensation when you apply the brakes because of the brake balance being immediate in the front and the rear "taking its time".

If that is not an issue for you, then yes the V added features are definitely better than the G for the little to no price difference that you are mentioned.
    Pareho lang brake balance of the drum vs disc Fort. Lurching under braking is impacted more by better brake modulation than by changing the type of rear brakes.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Thanks for this sir, will also do a test drive before buying and would also check to see if it is really the case. Most 2.4G 2018 and 2.4V 2018 are already on the same price so I may also look into that. Our maximum budget is 1.4M thats why I could consider even the pre-updated 2.8V.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast