New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    Naparesearch tuloy ako The mux already had esc on its totl 4x2 when it launched back in 2014, while the current fortuner only has it available on its 4x4 variant which was launched 2 years later. At least now they are trying to standardize it, the newly launched hilux has esc(even hill start assist) on all its non commercial variants.
    Yup, noong 2014 we were cross shopping the Sorento, Forester, mu-X, and MS. The mu-X had ESC, leather seats, powered driver's seat, etc all for 1.358M.

It isn't trying too hard to hide its agricultural underpinnings, pero ang pangit naman din kung puro style over substance lang. Need advice: Fortuner 2.4V 2016 vs MUX 3.0 2018

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess if you don’t mind the rugged looks and interiors, then the MUX will do just fine. If you want a bit better looks at the expense of lesser performance, then go with the Fort 2.4L.

If you’re looking for performance (quickness, speed, agility, and handling) from a utility vehicle, look for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess if you don’t mind the rugged looks and interiors, then the MUX will do just fine. If you want a bit better looks at the expense of lesser performance, then go with the Fort 2.4L.

If you’re looking for performance (quickness, speed, agility, and handling) from a utility vehicle, look for something else.

or if you want to trade the suv look for more power and practicality look at the innova

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    or if you want to trade the suv look for more power and practicality look at the innova
    There are more powerful options other than the Innova without the need to sacrifice its looks.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    It isn't trying too hard to hide its agricultural underpinnings, pero ang pangit naman din kung puro style over substance lang. Need advice: Fortuner 2.4V 2016 vs MUX 3.0 2018

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Since it's the best-selling PPV for many years now, it means buyers see "substance" in the car that matters more than having traction control or a backup camera.

On the flipside, the MUX continues to lag behind the Fortuner and Montero despite having the most space and an outstanding engine (even the 1.9 is pretty decent, comparable to the 2.4 of the Fort). So it's just not cutting it in terms of meeting what the market wants.

Different preferences for different people but the sales figures are the true voice of the market.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Since it's the best-selling PPV for many years now, it means buyers see "substance" in the car that matters more than having traction control or a backup camera.

On the flipside, the MUX continues to lag behind the Fortuner and Montero despite having the most space and an outstanding engine (even the 1.9 is pretty decent, comparable to the 2.4 of the Fort). So it's just not cutting it in terms of meeting what the market wants.

Different preferences for different people but the sales figures are the true voice of the market.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    i agree. even if the Isuzu 1.9L blue power engine performs decently, the toyota 2GD is more powerful overall. While the MUX has more toys, the interior of the Fort is more upscale especially in their V trim. Having owned these SUV's, Overall, the build quality of the Fortuner is more solid....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quite hard to find a 4x4 Fort in Cebu though. Was thinking of postponing my purchase or maybe just get a beater SUV for offroading and roadtrips and just save more for the facelifted Fortuner or maybe the updated MUX (hopefully this will come within 2-3years).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bagal kaya ng Pajero BK. We only get the 3.2 non VGT 4M41 here with 165 hp.
    The BK's 4M41 engine was upgraded in 2016 with CRDI and VGT. 192PS/197HP

Transmission was upgraded in 2013 to an Aisin unit same as the one used in the LC100 so it's a lot tougher. Late model BKs are good!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Adding the Korean Twins (Sorento and Santa Fe) to my list. Test drove the Sorento from a 2nd hand dealer and I instantly love the engine performance as compared to the 2.4Fort and MUX i test drove.. I think it can do some light offroading so it will be fine. My main concern is the maintenance, anyone has experience on maintaining either?. Probably will not have it in Casa, I can do the change oil myself or on some Shell branches. Parts and repairs are mainly my concern especially here in Cebu.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by soul987 View Post
    Adding the Korean Twins (Sorento and Santa Fe) to my list. Test drove the Sorento from a 2nd hand dealer and I instantly love the engine performance as compared to the 2.4Fort and MUX i test drove.. I think it can do some light offroading so it will be fine. My main concern is the maintenance, anyone has experience on maintaining either?. Probably will not have it in Casa, I can do the change oil myself or on some Shell branches. Parts and repairs are mainly my concern especially here in Cebu.
    I own a Sorento 2014 model. You will indeed notice the power (also quite tuneable either Unichip or reflash, I got an extra 27 horses and 90+ foot-pounds from a Unichip). Maintenance-wise, its not a Toyota, but there are shops that cater to Korean cars (mostly along Araneta Ave-E. Rodriguez and Taft. Ave).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast