1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    So far eto mga choices that you won't regret:
    1. Altis
    2. Grand Livina
    3. Elantra
    4. Civic

Kahit mag 9 or 10km/L mga yan, di mo na rin masyado mapapansin fuel expenses mo.
    NVH is Noise, Vibration, Harshness. The better NVH, mas tahimik sa loob while moving and less vibration sa engine and lubak. So far Altis has good NVH. La pa ako feedback on NVH of GL, Elantra and Civic.
    My Elantra 1.8GLS 6 speed automatic have a silent engine which is the most powerful among the four. It can comfortably overtake at 80 to 100kmh at daang hari, but when it roars, engine note is very bad as compared to other engines. Its hard to describe, basta pangit as in parang hagok ng naghihilik.

Anyway, Except for GL which I havent tried yet, I can tell from experience that Altis have better NVH insulation, especially pag pangit ang pagkaka semento ng kalsada.
    That's coming from someone who, one time or another, owned a Nissan, a Honda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, but never a Toyota :-)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chadman4 View Post
    Anong masama sa 4AT? Mabagal?
    In the case for the Lancer EX 1.6L. The 4AT is geared low for the first two gears and high for the next two gears. It is a design for good acceleration/pulling power when slow and for better fuel economy when crusiing in 3rd or 4th gear.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In the case for the Lancer EX 1.6L. The 4AT is geared low for the first two gears and high for the next two gears. It is a design for good acceleration/pulling power when slow and for better fuel economy when crusiing in 3rd or 4th gear.
    do these relative drive ratios also hold for the manual trans? do 1st and 2nd gears have low ratios, and the 3 other speeds have high ratios?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ang lancer ba pangit ang NVH?

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    I was once at your shoes few months ago. Same choices. I got the altis 1.6v white pearl after so many comparisons mainly because of the following
    1. Features only found in luxury cars or cars above 1M (push start/stop, smart keyless entry - just hold the door handle and the doors will unlock, automatic headlight, built in hands free for mobile phone calls).
    2. Comfortable and soft ride
    3. Better NVH
    4. Acceptable fuel consumption (8km/l city, 12km/l highway)
    5. Luxurious/executive feeling cabin.
    6. LOWEST maintenace cost vs all sedans at its level
    7. High resale value at par with honda.
    8. Classic looks. Matagal maluma sa paningin even after 7 years. (i owned 2003 altis, until now marami pa din ang nagagandahan)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Try mo yung ford escape. Older model pero you get a crv-class car for a sedan price. Don't be put off by the brand. Oks na yung mga American brands, courtesy of the increased competition from the japanese, koreans and now the chinese brands.

Kahit older model, it still offers good value.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sir moipogi, malakas ata sa gas yang escape and the ts is concerned about his monthly gas expense..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Depends on how you define "malakas sa gas". Our '06 Tribute 2.3L gets around 7km/L city, while the '10 Escape 2.3XLS in Taiwan gets around 8-9km/L city in Taiwanese traffic conditions (which is somewhat comparable to traffic conditions in the city roads of our more rural provinces). That kind of consumption is considered acceptable by my standards.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Need advice--- Bnew car. budget 900k, 1M super max