New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd get the vios, because its just newer...mas wala pang problem yan, maintenance and for fuel efficiency reasons.
    madali lang din naman i drive ang vios eh.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Vios for me. It is still under warranty so you can rest easy. The CRV is 7 years old, by experiemce they consume more gas as they get older

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Vios for first time user. In addition to what have been posted, mas mura ang piyesa and repairs pag may mga bangga

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I think CRV would be a good practice car para masanay siya mag park ng malaking sasakyan saka mabilis mag flood sa manila.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I normally choose the newer car. In this comparison though, I would choose the CRV. Why? It has hit almost bottom in it's value through depreciation while the Vios would still be depreciating in value as years go by. Plus you mentioned flooding. Kahit City pa yun, I'd still bet on a Honda to survive better than a Toyota in a flood. Case in point, nung Ondoy, 3 Toyota(Rav4, Vios, Camry) namin deadball. 3 Honda(Civic EK, ES and CRV) namin all survived that ordeal.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    vios po

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If fuel consumption is not an issue, i'd take the crv. It is easier to transition from a larger car to a small one than the other way around.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    CR-V if first owner ang friend.
    Else, the Vios but make sure marunong kang tumingin ng repo car. May itinatago yan.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    CR-V if first owner ang friend.
    Else, the Vios but make sure marunong kang tumingin ng repo car. May itinatago yan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    If I can get the toyota inspected by a certified toyota mechanic and do that 200+ point check and if this toyota passes. Id get the toyota either 1.3 or 1.5

The crv is a gas guzzler. If she will drive 30km per day. And worst case scenarios

Expect 4km/l vs 6km/l

Example 30km per day at 4km/l for 4days a week(coding) and 65weeks in a year, costs 78,000 pesos (say 40pesos per liter)
    The other one costs 38k per year.

After 5 yrs. Total fuel costs for the crv after 5yrs is 390,000 vs 190,000. Kamot ulo.

Come year 2021. The 13yr ol crv might have an oil leak. Or oil pump failure. Or water pump failure, wiper motor failure. Alternator issues. Ac compressor failure.

The 7yr old vios will be still running. Maybe some issues after nabaha. LOL

Just wait til floods subside. If heavy rains are expected, drive early/late.
    yung vios namin 1.3E matic pa yun, 14 km/l lang
    so you can lower that annual fuel cost actually to 23,000 lang per year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast