New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the sta fe will do wonders to their grumpy ways. the sta fe is the best car I drove so far. even rides better than my dad's Ford Explorer EB.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sory ha wala sa choices para s akin either fortuner or montero sport

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I already crossed out the Fortuner, kasi matagtag tapos madami ng sobra sa daan. Pang masa na ika nga. As for Monetro Sport its a nice car, but ayaw ko muna sa Mitsubishi for now since I don't really trust them after the horror I got from my Lancer before.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Tidus, mga mahal natin sa buhay bigyan natin ng something na pampered sila sa ride. So Sta. Fe na. Hindi ka magsisisi. Dagdagan mo nalang ng kunti at sigurado ako na matutuwa sila sa SF kasi my mother in law who is having a hard time na pumasok sa sedan dahil may back problems ay maligaya doon sa SF lalo na pagpasuk at labas.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    In my humble opinion, since they came from the REVO, the EVEREST will suit your parents just fine in terms of ride quality. Wala masyadong difference, in short.

But driveability will be another thing altogether as the EVEREST will take some getting used to as it is wider and longer than the REVO, and for me, a little bit harder to drive than the REVO.

As for FC, there's not much difference betwee the REVO's (gas) and the EVEREST's (diesel) based on experience. The only plus of the EVE, is that diesel is currently cheaper than gas, so you get to save everytime you gas up.

Now, if you or your parents' priority is comfort and better drieveability, hands down, the SF is the way to go.

HTH.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Would you be open to the option of buying a sedan instead of a SUV for them?

Like driving a truck. Not a good vehicle if you want smooth ride quality.

Here is one guy who was really unhappy about his purchase.

dayum...masamang kaaway yang owner na yan B)

inggit ako kay sir tidus...can afford bilhan ng tsikot ung parents B)

imho, shouldn't we focus on what type of suspension the car has?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually I won't pay for the bulk of it. Sabi kasi ng parents ko P1M daw budget nila for a new car, kaso I think they deserve better so I will add in the money so we can get that Santa Fe which I think they will enjoy more. Maliit lang yun since without them I am nothing.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Maliit lang yun since without them I am nothing.
    Tumpak! Tidus. What a good son you are. And good luck nalang sa desisyon mo na SF na. Believe us people here who have the SF. Hindi ka magsisisi.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually I won't pay for the bulk of it. Sabi kasi ng parents ko P1M daw budget nila for a new car, kaso I think they deserve better so I will add in the money so we can get that Santa Fe which I think they will enjoy more. Maliit lang yun since without them I am nothing.

I have a feeling bro na katas iyan ng iyong JapYen....

6909:seehearspeak:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Yep that was a help

So now that we have firmly decided on the Santa Fe, we are now in the process of finding the best possible deal. The current best deal I have is with Hyundai Quezon Avenue. The price of the 4X2 SF is currently P1,538,000 but they will gives less P20,000 so its now P1,518,000. Plus free 1 year comprehensive insurance, free 3 years LTO registration, the usual freebies like floor mats etc. and a P5000 gas card. Pumunta ako sa Wheels sa E. Rodriguez kanina pero wala yung mga bossing so the agent there gave me almost the same deal except walang free insurance, kung gusto daw namin free insurance we have to take their in-house financing and I kidded him and said kinain din ng interest yung insurance premium eh. Wala ngiti na lang sya. But it looks like I will fail to make them give me a 1 year INTEREST FREE hulugan that Ford gave me (is Ford desperate? Why are they giving me a good deal?) and talagang a big NO from both Hyundai dealers I always like hulugan as long as NO INTEREST pero kung meron forget it I will pay cash na lang super lugi talaga if financing. Sa Tuesday naman I will meet with my dad's kakilala from Hyundai EDSA and see if we can get a better deal, hopefully a bigger cash discount. Pero I think wala ng pag-asa yung 1 year NO INTEREST hulugan sa Hyundai.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
For my parents: Ford Everest or Hyundai Santa Fe?