The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Go for Multicab or gas-powered FX.

Takaw huli ng smoke-belching ang L300.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks sa FX Suggestions. sounds like its just right for what we need. Hoping we could find a unit in good condition. Also noticed that there's more Gas Fx units available than diesel ones. Is the Gas Fx really bad on fuel economy? Also is the Fx Diesel engine as bulletproof as lets say.. an isuzu or mitsu engine?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    thanks sa FX Suggestions. sounds like its just right for what we need. Hoping we could find a unit in good condition. Also noticed that there's more Gas Fx units available than diesel ones. Is the Gas Fx really bad on fuel economy? Also is the Fx Diesel engine as bulletproof as lets say.. an isuzu or mitsu engine?
    alam ko yang 2C diesel engine ang katapat ng makina ng crosswind at adventure.
    may 2c na turbo din pala

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    I have a friend whose family owns a diesel fx. Bought it new in 1993 or 1994. It was first used as a family car then subsequently used as service in their business. Its still running now even if the body is quite in terrible condition although it emits black smoke but not as bad as the jeeps in the metro. Probably because of lack of proper maintenance. They use it to deliver merchendise in far flung areas. So I can fairly say that its engine is reliable.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    i would've kept my multicab dropside if i hadn't transitioned on to a new car. should i be set free from my financial obligations, i'd get another tamiya.

i have my reservations on the L300 and FX diesel variants as they are ASBU magnets.

i had been moonlighting as lipat bahay , vet to house pet transpo and parade float and i don't get any hassles from the lgu traffic enforcers or the police.

condition yourself that it wouldn't go faster than 60kph (fc suffers if you go beyond that, the one i was driving has low gearing) but the thing here is that it's a hauler and not meant to be driven fast.

i think i get at least 10kpl on mileage (that's on heavy traffic). make sure your carb and timing is tuned properly but true enough, engaging the a/c affects the performance and the fc.

problems i encountered which can be fixed are overheating which i remedied by a radiator overhaul, extra aux fan; brakes (i replaced the brake master); alternator was replaced with a refurbed once (i suggest get one with a higher amp rating);battery drain the puny stock batteries won't work if you got an a/c installed. i didn't get any rhd to lhd conversion issues.

if you'd get a 90's sedan, get a toyota big or small body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12