New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    please help. looking for a 2nd hand which has the best FC

as much as possible yun sanang gumagamit ng mga cars mentioned, MT only at city driving/traffic

thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Kung fc lang talaga habol mo at cheap price, eon. Smallest size and engine also the lightest i think. = good fc. Pero overall value mirage ako

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    My vote is for Mirage. Fuel efficient sya kahit pa yung cvt type nya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A couple of friends told me they're happy with their Hyundai Eon (13-14km/L in city traffic). I drove one in Cebu before and it was okay for a city runabout.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mirage 1.2 MT has the best power to weight ratio. Use a blacked out tint and 40psi and fully synthetic 0w20 oil. And you have an fc champ.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mirage HB. I get an average of 11-13 Km/L daily drive (Marikina - Makati & vice-versa). Also, an average of 310 Km on a full tank (purely city driving)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    My wife has a MIrage CVT, lately I've been using this...main reason is that I rack up more kms than my wife and in pesos and cents it just so cheaper to drive the mirage than my diesel SUV.

At a normal route of mostly highways, I save 25 pesos a day or about 500 pesos a month (20days)

At a traffic stand point, I save about 15 pesos a day or about 300 pesos a month (20days)

On Christmas traffic I save about 70 PHP a day on extreme traffic or about 1400php a month

The added bonus I get?
    1. easy to park, I usually park at spaces most cars cant, (specially in ASIAN hospital :-))
    2. easy to maneuver in traffic.
    3. Since I rack up more kms in the Mirage than my SUV now, I save more in PMS cost, the mirage is very cheap to maintain, it only has 3 liters oil in an oil change compared to 6.5 in a mid size suv, OEM oil filter is about 375 php vs. 1000 php in an SUV..... and so on and on.

You can go cheaper and get a 1.0 liter car like a WIGO or i10, but the 1.0 liter engine is so weedy and slow, you'll end up just egging the gas pedal more, defeating the fuel savings you should get.

HTH

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My wife has a MIrage CVT, lately I've been using this...main reason is that I rack up more kms than my wife and in pesos and cents it just so cheaper to drive the mirage than my diesel SUV.

At a normal route of mostly highways, I save 25 pesos a day or about 500 pesos a month (20days)

At a traffic stand point, I save about 15 pesos a day or about 300 pesos a month (20days)

On Christmas traffic I save about 70 PHP a day on extreme traffic or about 1400PHP a month

The added bonus I get?
    1. easy to park, I usually park at spaces most cars cant, (specially in ASIAN hospital :-))
    2. easy to maneuver in traffic.
    3. Since I rack up more kms in the Mirage than my SUV now, I save more in PMS cost, the mirage is very cheap to maintain, it only has 3 liters oil in an oil change compared to 6.5 in a mid size suv, OEM oil filter is about 375 php vs. 1000 php in an SUV..... and so on and on.

You can go cheaper and get a 1.0 liter car like a WIGO or i10, but the 1.0 liter engine is so weedy and slow, you'll end up just egging the gas pedal more, defeating the fuel savings you should get.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I prefer is Mirage. Fuel efficient, problema lang medyo mahirap i-byahe especially sa expressway when taking overtake or may omoovertake sayo especially buses.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdkn View Post
    I prefer is Mirage. Fuel efficient, problema lang medyo mahirap i-byahe especially sa expressway when taking overtake or may omoovertake sayo especially buses.
    Depends on how you drive it. A Mirage will hit 180 km/h flat out.

And it'll still do 14 km/l doing so.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...