New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    In another thread looking for the best discount this season, someone said that the accord has a 490k discount for all variants. If true, lalabas na mas mura pa sya sa mugen civic. I think that is worth looking at.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Throw in your list the new 2015 Mitsubishi ASX. After discount, the cost of the GSR model is 1.198M

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    CR-V if you're after comfort. It's really the safest choice of the bunch. If you're willing to try newer models, the X-trail is a nice choice too. Those two I believe are the most comfort-oriented CUVs around, also the roomiest in its class.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    In another thread looking for the best discount this season, someone said that the accord has a 490k discount for all variants. If true, lalabas na mas mura pa sya sa mugen civic. I think that is worth looking at.
    The previous gen Accord was heavily discounted before the arrival of the new Accord. Discounts did reach up to that amount. Maybe they can check with Honda dealers if there are still remaining units of the 8th gen Accord. As for the 9th gen Accord, the 3.5L model is being offered a discount but not the 2.4L base model.

For 1.4M, I guess it is a choice between the base Camry and Sonata models. They are geared more towards comfort. If you prefer a more sporty ride but still more comfortable than compacts or CUVs, the discounts on the Optima will bring down its price to less than 1.4M. The Optima has a meaner look and looks more aggressive than the Camry or Sonata, not to mention the extra bling of its 18" wheels. However, with midsize cars, don't expect too much on fuel efficiency. You'd be happy if you're doing 7km/L on city driving.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You want absolute ride comfort in the price range without driving a boat, you're looking at the Subaru XV or possibly the CX-5 2.0 (specifically with the smaller wheel combo.). Long suspension stroke, low body, thus, supple ride without the roly-poly feeling.

Haven't done the Sportage or Tucson recently. I recall the Tucson having a nice ride as long as you don't get one with big wheels (poor wheel control when you have heavy mags), and the Sportage is on the slightly stiff side.

If you're okay with body roll, there's a lot to choose from... the Grand i10 is awesome in all ways. The Mirage is soft-riding, but NVH is not great and it feels a bit wayward at speed.

Good word for the Ertiga, too.

Compact cars... Civic 1.8, last I tried it... City with the 15" wheels (16" is okay... better, at least, than the Vios... which is actually okay too)... Sylphy 1.6 (1.8 has low profile tires)... haven't tried the new Corolla. Focus 1.6 is a heavy car, which makes it ride a bit like a Merc if you don't have the bigger wheels. Mazda3 1.5 is nice, as well.

Basically... everything.

But still, Subaru XV takes the cake, for me.
    Last edited by niky; December 10th, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesubie View Post
    you'll have the "sakay mayaman" feel.

I wonder how that feels?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123