New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Stock for stock, without mods or performance upgrades, which is more "fun" to drive?

Fun, I believe would mean "enjoyable and pleasurable driving". Need an alternate car for long drives in the countryside, kadalasan mag-isa lang. P350 thou, kasya na kaya?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would still go for the ooomph of the SiR.
    imho, your budget is still not enough.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Stock for stock, without mods or performance upgrades, which is more "fun" to drive?

Fun, I believe would mean "enjoyable and pleasurable driving". Need an alternate car for long drives in the countryside, kadalasan mag-isa lang. P350 thou, kasya na kaya?
    The Lynx RS is a heavier car and would be more comfortable at higher speeds. But for simple fun, the Civic SiR is a better car as stock.

Too bad the Nissan Sentra SE-R 2.0L never came out in the local Philippine market. But you can build your own version by getting a good condition Sentra B14 and swap in a SR20DE engine complete with front suspension, axels, brakes and ecu. Or you can buy one of the Sentra B13 or B14 units complete with SR20DE engines currently being sold by the members of http://www.nissanbayan.com. Most are going for around P200K to P250K.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 5th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    350k isn't enough.

The roughest Lynx RSs are around 380... a good example can still fetch 400-450. Same with SiRs.

They have similar fuel consumptions (7-8 km/l in traffic), and they're both sporty cars. The SiR has much more high-rpm "oomph", and revving it past 7000 rpm is lots of fun, but the RS has much more low-down torque, which makes it feel more lively in bumper-to-bumper city traffic. In terms of outright speed, the SiR's lighter weight makes it faster off the line, but they have similar high speed performance (both top out at around 200-210 km/h stock).

The RS's steering is better, but the SiR's clutch and gearshift are, like most Honda items, pure mechanical joy. The SiR's seating position also feels more sporty... lower and more enclosed in the car.

I prefer the handling of the Lynx due to the stiffer suspension, sharper steering and more neutral stance, but the SiR's lighter weight and double-wishbones make it lively. Both have understeer at the edge of grip. The SiR due to the relatively long wheelbase, the RS due to the geometry of the McPherson suspension.

Which one you want to get is a matter of preference. The SiR has a much better engine and more performance potential. The Lynx is heavier and vendors for performance parts are limited, but it has dual airbags, ABS, a sunroof, a 12-disc CD changer and more mechanical grip.

----

Obviously, I'm biased towards the Lynx, since I've got one, but the SiR is a good choice. But only if you can find a "virgin" one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for your inputs guys. Very much appreciated.

Got the impression that the SiR is a better car.. anyway, mahirap nga maghanap...meron ako minanmanan dito sa may amin ayaw pang bumitaw. :whoa:

Salamat.

"More FUN" to drive: Honda SiR or Ford Lynx RS