New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *extremeshot - a smaller engine does not mean better fuel efficiency. Big factor is the power-to-weight ratio. A small engine pulling a heavy body will need to exert more energy to keep it running on a steady pace. Some will say that the TOTL 2.0L Mazda3 models have the same fuel consumption as its lower-end 1.6L models.
    Agreed and that's one option playing in my mind right now -- so why not the Mazda 3 2.0? Any real world fuel consumption comparison between the Mazda 1.6 and the 2.0? I honestly don't mind the 2.0 (hey, it's loaded plus, they are selling for cheap because practical people tend to stay away from the 2.0 engine) but am afraid of the fuel consumption.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Based on the Mazda fuel consumption database listed here in Tsikot (Car Talk -> Mazda Cars Talk), Mazda3 in either 1.6L or 2.0L models average between 7-8 Km/L. In worse traffic conditions, it could get lower based on the posts of Mazda3 owners. I bet the Mazda6 2.3L will be just a KM/L less efficient (6-7 Km/L) but you have a much better car.

On the other hand, the Civic FD 1.8L could get around 8-9 Km/L.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Based on the Mazda fuel consumption database listed here in Tsikot (Car Talk -> Mazda Cars Talk), Mazda3 in either 1.6L or 2.0L models average between 7-8 Km/L. In worse traffic conditions, it could get lower based on the posts of Mazda3 owners. I bet the Mazda6 2.3L will be just a KM/L less efficient (6-7 Km/L) but you have a much better car.

On the other hand, the Civic FD 1.8L could get around 8-9 Km/L.
    I guess this post answers my question, thanks. But in doing so, it gave me more to think about. It will depend on my budget come mid-year and see what's the best car that budget can afford. Mazda6 ei? I can't say I'm not interested .

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by extremeshot View Post
    I guess this post answers my question, thanks. But in doing so, it gave me more to think about. It will depend on my budget come mid-year and see what's the best car that budget can afford. Mazda6 ei? I can't say I'm not interested .

Under heavy traffic, the Civic FD gets between 7-8KM/L din, just FYI.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Yeah, I really like the FD better. What lured me to the Mazda 3 is it's price and I thought, more efficient smaller engine.

How about maintenance cost? I kinda thought it would be the same (I own a Honda but no idea on Mazda) but from the comments here, it looks like the Mazda is more expensive to maintain. Is it?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Forum Runner
    To help you with more info. I drive a 2008 Honda Civic 1.8s. Normal city driving ko, with paminsan minsan hataw, fc is 8 to 9 km to a liter. With conscious sedate city driving, 9 to 10 km per liter. Highway driving mga 12 to 13 km to a liter. My car is automatic, stock rim and tires at normal 22psi air pressure, using 93RON E10 gasoline, and SAE 5W-40 engine oil. Tire pressure is crucial. With higher air pressure 23 or 24 psi, the fc is even better, kaya lang matagtag. I hope these info are useful to you.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sa Civic ka na. The Mazda 3 1.6A/T is underpowered, which makes for both poor performance and fuel consumption.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitulo View Post
    To help you with more info. I drive a 2008 Honda Civic 1.8s. Normal city driving ko, with paminsan minsan hataw, fc is 8 to 9 km to a liter. With conscious sedate city driving, 9 to 10 km per liter. Highway driving mga 12 to 13 km to a liter. My car is automatic, stock rim and tires at normal 22psi air pressure, using 93RON E10 gasoline, and SAE 5W-40 engine oil. Tire pressure is crucial. With higher air pressure 23 or 24 psi, the fc is even better, kaya lang matagtag. I hope these info are useful to you.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sa Civic ka na. The Mazda 3 1.6A/T is underpowered, which makes for both poor performance and fuel consumption.
    Yup, kinda leaning towards the FD ever since. Mas mura lang kasi yung 3 but It seems like the Mazda is cheaper than the FD for a good reason. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Interesting. Thanks.

Yup, kinda leaning towards the FD ever since. Mas mura lang kasi yung 3 but It seems like the Mazda is cheaper than the FD for a good reason. Thanks.

The FD's not really not that much more expensive. You can get one for 300+k nowadays.

For the RORO, this might be a good read. The Roro less taken: Manila to Boracay, and beyond | Inquirer Business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Which is more fuel efficient, FD Civic 1.8 AT or the prevoius gen Mazda 3 1.6?