New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    yung 2.5 po ba na DSL montero mas tipid pa din sa 1.6 G M/T na altis?? salamat po sa mga magrereply

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang ang layo ser ng price nung dalawa.

Ang layo din ng difference nila.

Ako kasi, I prefer sedans over SUV's. Pero from the looks of it, mukhang may budget ka for a 1M++ na SUV, then why not consider a 2.0V CVVT-i altis? Tipid din nun. 7-speed A/T, eh.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Parang ang layo ser ng price nung dalawa.

Ang layo din ng difference nila.

Ako kasi, I prefer sedans over SUV's. Pero from the looks of it, mukhang may budget ka for a 1M++ na SUV, then why not consider a 2.0V CVVT-i altis? Tipid din nun. 7-speed A/T, eh.
    hmm student lang po ako,,eh iniisip ko lang po kasi kung anu mas matipid s gas,,pag po kasi s school lang gagamitin parents ko ang magpapagas pero pag gagala na ako ako na magpapagas,,kaya kung parehas lang ang fuel consumption nila mas gutso ko na yung 1.6 na M/T altis,,mas enjoy kasi ako s m/t pag car eh thanks po ^^

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ah. Hilig mo pala M/T.

Altis pa rin ako. Mas mukha siyang pang-estudyante.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by takbomanika View Post
    hmm student lang po ako,,eh iniisip ko lang po kasi kung anu mas matipid s gas,,pag po kasi s school lang gagamitin parents ko ang magpapagas pero pag gagala na ako ako na magpapagas,,kaya kung parehas lang ang fuel consumption nila mas gutso ko na yung 1.6 na M/T altis,,mas enjoy kasi ako s m/t pag car eh thanks po ^^
    As renzo pointed out, apples and oranges comparison mo... in terms of vehicle price and vehicle configuration.

In terms of FC, it's likely the Altis (assuming both Montero and Altis compared are MT) --- having a smaller engine displacement BUT the pump price difference between petrol and diesel is almost P12/liter. This evens out the FC advantage of the Altis.

So everything boils down to what kind of image and functionality you prioritize. Ika nga ni renzo, pormang estudyante and options for performance/looks upgrades, lamang Altis but in terms of functionality (conquering floods and pothholes) and "macho" looks, the Montero (being an SUV)

Now if you have the money to finance a huge purchase, get both. Tapos usapan.

Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    salamat po mga sir sa mga reply niyo hehe,,kung ganun po na halos same ang FC mukang sa looks nalang ako magiisip haha salamat po uli ng marami ^^

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Expect both to churn out about 9 Km/L (although the montero might do 10 or 11 in some conditions.) that and the cheaper price of diesel will make the montero win in this category hands down

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The MS 4x2 manual is 1.3M while the Altis 1.6G is 858k, a difference of 442k. The Altis would be cheaper to maintain since it is using a gasoline engine, and registration and i surance costs would be cheaper.

Though the MS uses diesel, which results in a 12 peso savings per liter as opposed to gasoline, the price difference of the MS vs Altis would require roughly 36,000 liters of fuel to match up, which is around 600 full tanks... and at one full tank a week, would be achievable only after 11 years.

So for total cost of ownership, Altis is cheaper over a ten year period. However, if TCO is not a concern, and all you're after is lowering your fuel bills, then by all means, convince your parents to get you the Monterosport.

Monterosport 2.5 or Altis 1.6Gm/t - fuel consumption??