New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    pa up lang. ty

who has better mileage? montero or everest?

pansin ko pala baket parang ang baba ng resale value ng everest?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    pansin ko pala baket parang ang baba ng resale value ng everest?

Ford kasi.

Filipino's has this mentality na kapag ford eh mahal maintenance and malakas sa gas.

Di naman ako naniniwala dun.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post
    way back April this year we went to Surigao Del Norte then trip straight to Davao after 2 days we have to back home to manila..we pass through again to surigao taking barge to drop to leyte using 2008 everest...

without any regrets and full of confidence and adventure, our eve pass through i think all kinds of terrain from super highways,asphalt,cement,muddy,rough road (mostly at quezon,samar,and leyte) almost hundreds of mountains going up and down and different weather conditions, making past speed even at night specially when we take the road at night passing through quezon,samar,and agusan del norte,where we already know being dangerous and delicate at night because of NPA's

we are eight passenger in the journey two chidren and 6 adult although we feel cramp..we pray to came safe and sound..believing to our creator to our driver which is me having other driver and also to our RIDE the FORD EVEREST 4x4 Gold limited edition,without any mods or change in tires,only newly change oil..hehe

i thought i already memorize the song of yoyoy villame philippine geography..hehehe

going back to manila safe and sound..thanks to our everest finishing the journey..proving that he is BUILD FOR Tough

for me FORD EVEREST na..now having much entertainment system...theres nothing to look for..

BUILD for THOUGH
    RELIABLE ENGINE
    EFFICIENT
    GOOD RIDE (even stock)

we already tested pushing to the limit only the driver will surrender..

this is a truely CROSS COUNTRY vehicle for me as what we experience and see
    A Toyota Vios is capable of going through all this also.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    A Toyota Vios is capable of going through all this also.
    if either does it regularly... the vios is gonna break down earlier.

the everest is gonna chug along for 100,000 km before having the suspension checked

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post
    way back April this year we went to Surigao Del Norte then trip straight to Davao after 2 days we have to back home to manila..we pass through again to surigao taking barge to drop to leyte using 2008 everest...

without any regrets and full of confidence and adventure, our eve pass through i think all kinds of terrain from super highways,asphalt,cement,muddy,rough road (mostly at quezon,samar,and leyte) almost hundreds of mountains going up and down and different weather conditions, making past speed even at night specially when we take the road at night passing through quezon,samar,and agusan del norte,where we already know being dangerous and delicate at night because of NPA's

we are eight passenger in the journey two chidren and 6 adult although we feel cramp..we pray to came safe and sound..believing to our creator to our driver which is me having other driver and also to our RIDE the FORD EVEREST 4x4 Gold limited edition,without any mods or change in tires,only newly change oil..hehe

i thought i already memorize the song of yoyoy villame philippine geography..hehehe

going back to manila safe and sound..thanks to our everest finishing the journey..proving that he is BUILD FOR Tough

for me FORD EVEREST na..now having much entertainment system...theres nothing to look for..

BUILD for THOUGH
    RELIABLE ENGINE
    EFFICIENT
    GOOD RIDE (even stock)

we already tested pushing to the limit only the driver will surrender..

this is a truely CROSS COUNTRY vehicle for me as what we experience and see

nice one kian.......

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    ano mas ok FC montero or everest? yung 2.5 variant

also nasa magkano maintenance ng everest?

planning to buy everest kse kaso napapaisip ako dahil sa resale value

thanks!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gumagamit ng leafspring commonly found in pickups ang Everest. Also the dash looks so 80's with the green colored backlit instument panel and handbrake lever still located under dash. The floor is too high even for the second row seat.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    parang nung umupo naman ako sa 2nd row ng everest ok lang yung taas ng upuan not unlike the 3rd row na para kang naka upo sa bangko. mas comfortable yung seat height ng 3rd row sa montero pero mas malaki naman yung leg room ni everest sa 3rd row compared to montero

eto mga observations ko

montero
    pros
    driver seat adjustable height / not sure about the passenger side
    2nd row - 60/40 seat fold
    3rd row - 50/50 seat fold
    3rd row - fold / tumble seat configuration
    3rd row - may headrest
    3rd row - more headroom compared to everest?
    nice dashboard

cons
    3rd row - cramped leg room
    3rd row - aircon vent nasa gilid
    3rd row - can seat a maximum of two adult person
    liit ng discount hehe
    backdoor - up opening? hehe
    pumuputok daw gulong
    dark interior

everest
    pros
    2nd row - more leg room compared to montero
    2nd/3rd row - aircon vent on top
    3rd row - more leg room compared to montero
    ICE package --> may ganito ba sa montero?
    back door - sideways opening
    laki discount hehe
    18" mags
    beige interior

cons
    driver side - no seat height adjustment
    3rd row - bench type seat. no 50/50 fold configuration
    3rd row - you need to remove bench to have more space compared to montero na you just have to fold the seats
    3rd row - no headrest
    3rd row - mababa headroom
    so-so dashboard mas type ko dashboard ni montero

mas prefer ko leg room para sa mga anak ko hehe kung ako lang sasakay montero ako

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    nice one kian.......
    How much na ang ford everest ngayon?? yung A/T na 4x2?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    if either does it regularly... the vios is gonna break down earlier.

the everest is gonna chug along for 100,000 km before having the suspension checked
    I'm aware of this but the person is concluding that a vehicle is built tough because of a single round trip from Manila to Davao. Merely stating that a Toyota Vios or even a Suzuki Multicab can also do this.
    Last edited by Walter; November 4th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST