New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Gen. Miting, where did this happen? Ang lakas ng loob ni erpats mo! One false move and he could have been swept down. When we were conducting relief operations at the Tumana area, I actually saw one brand new Everest turned updside down at a deep embankment in front of the school. Sabi ng mga tagaroon, he tried to go up to higher grounds but the current pushed him sideways over the embankment.
    sa antipolo, sa cainta yun sa baba. oh di ba cainta ang isa sa pinakanasalanta nun

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mga Sirs,

Lynx lang ang Ford ko, but very stable on highways, tough and strong uphill. Even pushed the speed to 200km/hour. Now give me one good reason why should I replace my lynx.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Toridol1 View Post
    Mga Sirs,

Lynx lang ang Ford ko, but very stable on highways, tough and strong uphill. Even pushed the speed to 200km/hour. Now give me one good reason why should I replace my lynx.
    1) get a current gen ford focus

2) get a ford fiesta

3) get a 2011 ford focus

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    sa antipolo, sa cainta yun sa baba. oh di ba cainta ang isa sa pinakanasalanta nun
    Kung totoo man ito, sa tatay mo. Ngayon ganyan katibay ang Ford. Good thing 4WD din yung old Explorer. Unlike mine ('08 model) 2WD nalang

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Dinala ko yung Ranger namin sa Sagada.

hahaha. ulan, fog, twisties, steep gradients, mud, water, rocky roads, etc. etc.

built ford tough!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Any reviews dun sa bagong ford everest? maganda na ang exterior nung bagong everest ah! magkano ba yun?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Any update here mga sir? My brother in law is planning to buy a 4x2 Montero priced at 1.380M but when we visited Ford Alabang to see the new Everest, medyo nagbago isip ni bayaw. The price of the 4x2 xlt is 1.410M but with 40k discount so magkapresyo na sila ng Montero. Ano bang advice nyo mga sir? He will be getting kasi this month. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post
    Any update here mga sir? My brother in law is planning to buy a 4x2 Montero priced at 1.380M but when we visited Ford Alabang to see the new Everest, medyo nagbago isip ni bayaw. The price of the 4x2 xlt is 1.410M but with 40k discount so magkapresyo na sila ng Montero. Ano bang advice nyo mga sir? He will be getting kasi this month. Thanks.

test drive nyo muna sila before kayo magdecide....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I like the Montero better... but the Ford has its good points. Better engine and transmission than the Montero, slightly better plastics (in my opinion) and better handling. But the Montero is definitely more comfortable than the Everest... especially when you consider those big 18" rims on the Ford.

I did a test drive last year. Medyo late lang ako nag-upload ng review due to site issues.

Consider the mid-sized SUV category. It’s made up of pick-up based seven-seaters that put off-road prowess above creature comforts. Cars like the old Montero Sport, the Fortuner, the Everest… not the final word in ride comfort and interior luxury… but the default choice for Filipino drivers braving the lumpy flooded streets of Manila. Toyota got a leg-up on the class with their stylish Fortuner, but when Mitsubishi introduced the new Strada-based Montero, everything changed. Here is a truck that rides almost as well as a unibody SUV, with refined engines and an interior that shames the plastic-fantastic Outlander. Just as the Innova rendered all other AUVs obsolete when it was introduced… so did the Montero for the 4x4 class.

But this is an Everest review, right? Well, the Everest is Karl Malone to the Montero’s Michael Jordan.

Like Karl Malone, the Everest is tough and muscular. It may not be as silky-smooth over the road as the Montero, but thanks to the fettling done to the steering and suspension, it handles better than the Montero and much better than the Everest of old.

Review found HERE.
    Last edited by niky; July 14th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    test drive nyo muna sila before kayo magdecide....
    Yes sir we will do that. Thanks. Also my brother-in-law's other concerns are:
    1. Fuel Efficiency
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Reliability (he plan to use this for 6-8 years)
    4. Riding comfort.

He narrowed his choices to Montero and Everest coz yan ang pasok sa budget na diesel engine.

Thanks again

MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST