New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    * beeftapa:

Thank you for the reminder, i.e., huge discount.
    We will definitely ask for such - and with hope, mabigyan sana kami

AnitoKid

Quote Originally Posted by beeftapa View Post
    Crosswind fits your needs while Montero fits your needs and wants.

Montero costs more to maintain e.g. pms, car wash, insurance, tires, parts replacement etc. It is likely to consume more diesel per km. But If the additional expenses is manageable, then I suggest to get what you want, the Montero.

Btw, don't forget to ask for a huge discount. Happy casa hopping
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* beeftapa:

Thank you for the reminder, i.e., huge discount.
    We will definitely ask for such - and with hope, mabigyan sana kami

AnitoKid

Quote Originally Posted by beeftapa View Post
    Crosswind fits your needs while Montero fits your needs and wants.

Montero costs more to maintain e.g. pms, car wash, insurance, tires, parts replacement etc. It is likely to consume more diesel per km. But If the additional expenses is manageable, then I suggest to get what you want, the Montero.

Btw, don't forget to ask for a huge discount. Happy casa hopping

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitoKid View Post
    Friends,

The family is planning to acquire a new vehicle before the year 2015 ends or in the first quarter of 2016.

With hope, this would be the first time that me and my family would be buying an automatic (AT).
    Marami na rin kaming napagdaang vehicles, but all have been manual transmission (MT)
    e.g., several four-door sedans, a 2-door car, a Hi-Lux pick up, and an L300 FB.

We are currently looking at AUVs and SUVs - dito kasi kasya kami sabay-sabay (7 family members in all).
    And amidst all the beautiful vehicles on the market right now,
    we have narrowed down our choices to the 2015 Montero GLX AT and Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT.
    The thought of possibly buying a second-hand version of either one also comes to mind.

The vehicle would be mainly used sa pagsundo at paghatid ng mga kids to their schools and workplaces,
    i.e., from Sucat to Pasay City and Makati City areas.

We are hoping for your kind thoughts on the pros and cons (if any) between the two vehicles,
    suggestions, and/or inputs.

Thank you very much, friends.

AnitoKid
    Seriously, there's no point in comparison between and SUV and an AUV, that's a no brainer I'd go for Montero anytime especially if the price is just little higher than Crosswind, I've owned a Crosswind before, it's a good people hauler but to be paying for it at P1.1M cost, i'd put my money to something else, All New Everest is coming out, All New Montero and Fortuner and MUX as well, just go for those if you aim to get an SUV. driving comfort, speed, handling is no match compare to driving a crosswind be it sportivo, Crosswind has been around for more than a decade and no change in engine performance or whatsoever was done by Isuzu, it works because pinoy loves this Jurassic auv's, upgrades where mostly aesthetics, no airbags, no abs, not even a 3point seatbelt on the middle row. I'm not bringing down the crosswind but if you have the bucks then you might as well spend it on a more deserving ride. if ever you do like the crosswind despite the age and all its shortcomings get the a 2nd hand unit, you'll get the same rigidness as the new one and you'll save significant amount which you might use for upgrades. good luck.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    XUV AT can easily accomodate 9 people with comfort, 2 front, 3 middle seats and 4 at the back. it is also known for its durable, easy to fix (no computer box, complicated electronics system) and fuel efficient old-school engine, the 4ja1. with proper maintenance, it can serve you for a lifetime. downside is a noisy engine which others view as underpowered at around 87 HP compared to other AUVs in the market today. i may be bias towards isuzu AUVs as i am a consistent crosswind owner. my wife had an innova and an adventure once, but we prefer crosswind because of its reliability and fuel efficiency. i cant say about montero for i dont have one. i drove my cousin's montero, but always worried about that sudden acceleration thing they had been talking about.

I beg to disagree with the comfort, reliability yes, but getting a new Montero/Everest/Mux/Fort will give you the same reliability and peace of mind and more, *shelu try driving an SUV like Montero or Everest, you'll realize the big difference, believe me you wouldn't want to go back.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I had go with the MS since it's more refined,higher ground clearance and best value for money.

If it were a decade ago I will tell you to buy and XUV crosswind because the new one XUV does not have a 60:40 seats configuration on the 2nd row, no adjustable head rest also on the 2nd row and now armrest and also not equipped with a Foglamps.
    Unlike the 2003 xuv a/t I owned it is far more better the the 2015 xuv/at. The crosswind is not that really cheap to maintain it costs me atleats 9k pesos every visit at the casa just as much as I spent on our crdi innova.

For me the crosswind seats are better than the ms because of the big wheel wells. How about getting an Innova despite of the crosswind xuv a/t, the innova is comfortable and the diesel engine noise is tolerable inside the cabin downsides is it has plasticky interior where the seat belt is located compared to the crosswind it has a soft cushion on where the seat belts is mounted.The innova has lower ground clearance and that's why I always scrape the under of the front bumper in parking stoppers and in rough roads conditionion the chassis gets in contact with rocks.

The MS SUA is not reeally true my friend change from P to D w/o stepping on the brakes and it was fine and the MS we used was a 2010 GLS 4x2 model
    Last edited by crosswind; June 29th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I beg to disagree with the comfort, reliability yes, but getting a new Montero/Everest/Mux/Fort will give you the same reliability and peace of mind and more, *shelu try driving an SUV like Montero or Everest, you'll realize the big difference, believe me you wouldn't want to go back.
    yes sir, tried driving my cousin's montero and a friend's everest. no question about the power and better comfort of these two. however, i cant have same reliability and peace of mind than having a crosswind. i feel secured with crosswinds simply because any pedro and juan can fix it. montero and everest requires techie mechanics. aside from this, i can load sacks of rice and fertilizers going to and from the farm. i just find crosswind a practical choice. however, if i do have extra money, i wouldnt hesitate to buy an everest. who doesnt love the power it offer?

Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    yes sir, tried driving my cousin's montero and a friend's everest. no question about the power and better comfort of these two. however, i cant have same reliability and peace of mind than having a crosswind. i feel secured with crosswinds simply because any pedro and juan can fix it. montero and everest requires techie mechanics. aside from this, i can load sacks of rice and fertilizers going to and from the farm. i just find crosswind a practical choice. however, if i do have extra money, i wouldnt hesitate to buy an everest. who doesnt love the power it offer?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Upon reading some topics before with these two vehicles. IMO

Crosswind AT - Cheap and easy to maintain, timing chain, low charge turbo, can fit 9-10 people including the driver and ofc fuel efficient for its class. The downsides of this vehicle is slow and cheap interior for the price tag of 1.1+ million. Better get the MT if you want some thrill in driving.

Montero GLX - Not so cheap interior, though all are made in plastic too but better than the crosswind. Timing belt, turbo charged intercooled, can fit 7-8 people only including the driver but you can max it out into 9 people. Not so fuel efficient and a bit smoker just like the crosswind but can promises you a speed and power when it comes to performance.

Montero is definitely way better than the crosswind. No offence meant to the users, but if you compare these two, it's like an apple and an orange with same tag price. Well in the end, kung ano parin ang tinitibok ng puso mo, yun ang kunin mo. Wag ung gusto namin, opinion lang namin ito at gabay lang. Ride safe bro.

Upon reading some topics before with these two vehicles. IMO

Crosswind AT - Cheap and easy to maintain, timing chain, low charge turbo, can fit 9-10 people including the driver and ofc fuel efficient for its class. The downsides of this vehicle is slow and cheap interior for the price tag of 1.1+ million. Better get the MT if you want some thrill in driving.

Montero GLX - Not so cheap interior, though all are made in plastic too but better than the crosswind. Timing belt, turbo charged intercooled, can fit 7-8 people only including the driver but you can max it out into 9 people. Not so fuel efficient and a bit smoker just like the crosswind but can promises you a speed and power when it comes to performance.

Montero is definitely way better than the crosswind. No offence meant to the users, but if you compare these two, it's like an apple and an orange with same tag price. Well in the end, kung ano parin ang tinitibok ng puso mo, yun ang kunin mo. Wag ung gusto namin, opinion lang namin ito at gabay lang. Ride safe bro.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you very much for sharing your views, friends.
    I appreciate them very much.

AK

Thank you very much for sharing your views, friends.
    I appreciate them very much.

AK

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    how about a test drive on those cars?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a 3.2 MS 4X4 and 14 y/o Crosswind XTO m/t. Parehas maasahan. For speed, comfort and looks MS for sure. For efficiency, simpleness Crosswind. Pang matagalan kasi ang Crosswind kahit 20 years mo i keep walang IC turbo at commonrail fuel system na masisira. Kung ako bibili ngayon will definitely wait for the new Innova or Fort - DIESEL. Gulo no?
    Last edited by XTO; July 5th, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Forget AUV's! THey are relics and will have trouble with the new ULSD that will be mandatory by next year.

I was in the same boat as you before. A choice between the Sportivo X and the Monterosport. I was decided to buy the Sportivo because I always hear this, "Reliable, easy to maintain, matipid". However, I held back because one of my friends used to own a crosswind and sold it to buy a Monterosport. I asked for his feedback and was convinced to get the Montero.

For the uninitiated, the current gen Montero still uses the ancient 4D56T. If i'm not mistaken its much older than the 4JA1. The big difference is that current 4D56T has received numerous upgrades and improvements unlike the 4JA1 that remained the same.

I'm not going to mince words, output wise the 4JA1 sucks at 85HP * 3,900RPM/185n-m * 2000RPM. The 4D56T Non-VGT on the otherhand delivers 136PS * 3500RPM/ 314n-m * 2000RPM. The VGT version packs 178PS * 4000 RPM/ 350n-m * 1800-2500RPM.

Forget AUV's! THey are relics and will have trouble with the new ULSD that will be mandatory by next year.

I was in the same boat as you before. A choice between the Sportivo X and the Monterosport. I was decided to buy the Sportivo because I always hear this, "Reliable, easy to maintain, matipid". However, I held back because one of my friends used to own a crosswind and sold it to buy a Monterosport. I asked for his feedback and was convinced to get the Montero.

For the uninitiated, the current gen Montero still uses the ancient 4D56T. If i'm not mistaken its much older than the 4JA1. The big difference is that current 4D56T has received numerous upgrades and improvements unlike the 4JA1 that remained the same.

I'm not going to mince words, output wise the 4JA1 sucks at 85HP * 3,900RPM/185n-m * 2000RPM. The 4D56T Non-VGT on the otherhand delivers 136PS * 3500RPM/ 314n-m * 2000RPM. The VGT version packs 178PS * 4000 RPM/ 350n-m * 1800-2500RPM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Montero GLX AT vs. Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT