New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    4x4 m/t kung sa province gamitin a/t kung sa city

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I went to look at the 2 units yesterday, ok pa ang condition ng dalawa. Although I was only able to start the engine on the 4x2a/t kasi yung 4x4m/t patay na ang battery, i will have to bring an extra battery to start up the car. The bank's price for the 4x4m/t with the 6K mileage is 1.017M, while the 4x2A/T with the 16/17K mileage is 1.070M, so almost a 50K difference. I checked how much these units would have been when priced brand new, and found out the 4x4M/T's brand new price is 100K higher than the 4x2A/T version.

Nakakapagtaka bakit mas mahal tuloy ang 4x2A/T repo pricing than the 4x4M/T. I did notice that the 4x2M/T seats were converted to leather (not leather seat covers), while the 4x4M/T had the standard fabric seats and curduroy seat covers.

As far as my preference, I am fine with either M/T or A/T, I used to have a gen1 and a gen2 pajero. My Gen2 pajero which I got 2nd hand and was with me for 4-5 years before I sold it years back, I only used its 4x4 maybe 6 times. Yan nga ang problema dahil wala talaga akong preferred leaning towards m/t or a/t, or 4x2 or 4x4 kasi, kaya nagpost na lang ako dito to hear your advises. Thanks for all the replies. They all made me conscious on what to consider. Yun lang nga, admittedly, hindi ko pa rin sure alin ang mas ok (in effect, nalilito pa rin).

The bank just had a closed bidding for these units last Monday and no one bidded for the units. So after a few weeks, they will reprice it again, and normally they will lower it by another 20K and under negotiated style (which is their repricing procedure). 2 weeks after that, they will put up the units under closed bidding again.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I went to look at the 2 units yesterday, ok pa ang condition ng dalawa. Although I was only able to start the engine on the 4x2a/t kasi yung 4x4m/t patay na ang battery, i will have to bring an extra battery to start up the car. The bank's price for the 4x4m/t with the 6K mileage is 1.017M, while the 4x2A/T with the 16/17K mileage is 1.070M, so almost a 50K difference. I checked how much these units would have been when priced brand new, and found out the 4x4M/T's brand new price is 100K higher than the 4x2A/T version.

Nakakapagtaka bakit mas mahal tuloy ang 4x2A/T repo pricing than the 4x4M/T. I did notice that the 4x2M/T seats were converted to leather (not leather seat covers), while the 4x4M/T had the standard fabric seats and curduroy seat covers.

As far as my preference, I am fine with either M/T or A/T, I used to have a gen1 and a gen2 pajero. My Gen2 pajero which I got 2nd hand and was with me for 4-5 years before I sold it years back, I only used its 4x4 maybe 6 times. Yan nga ang problema dahil wala talaga akong preferred leaning towards m/t or a/t, or 4x2 or 4x4 kasi, kaya nagpost na lang ako dito to hear your advises. Thanks for all the replies. They all made me conscious on what to consider. Yun lang nga, admittedly, hindi ko pa rin sure alin ang mas ok (in effect, nalilito pa rin).

The bank just had a closed bidding for these units last Monday and no one bidded for the units. So after a few weeks, they will reprice it again, and normally they will lower it by another 20K and under negotiated style (which is their repricing procedure). 2 weeks after that, they will put up the units under closed bidding again.
    Bakit patay ang battery ng 4x4 M/T? Bagong bago pa ah. But assuming that the M/T has no other problems besides the busted battery, then yan nalang. You will be more satisfied with it in the long run. And of course if you can wait, ipababa mo pa ng konti ang prices nila...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga, if ever they will lower it by another 20K, then the price becomes 997K for the m/t and 1050K for the a/t. Parang mura na ang sub 1M na montero? I will have to spend for the removal of the chattel mortgage, LTO transfer of ownership, and insurance cover. Magkano ba ang going rate ng 2nd hand 2010 monteros na 4x4 m/t and the 4x2 a/t?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    oo nga, if ever they will lower it by another 20K, then the price becomes 997K for the m/t and 1050K for the a/t. Parang mura na ang sub 1M na montero? I will have to spend for the removal of the chattel mortgage, LTO transfer of ownership, and insurance cover. Magkano ba ang going rate ng 2nd hand 2010 monteros na 4x4 m/t and the 4x2 a/t?
    A quick look reveals that 2010 units can sell for as low as 900+k to as high as 1.1M+ depending on the mileage and condition. I'd say the price for the 4x4 M/T is good enough. Better yet if you can negotiate for an even lower price considering that you still have to pay for registration and insurance.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get the 4x4 MT. Mas matipid, mas madali maintenance and also may 4x4 pa na pang-back-up.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nagamit mo pala yung 4x4 function sa previous car mo, I'd say dun ka nalang sa 4x4MT. You'll really never know when you'll be needing such function again.

Mabuti na yung andyan tapos hindi mo gagamitin kaysa kailangan mo eh wala siya diyan. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4x4 for me... kung saan saan na lupalop ako minsan napupunta... buti na yung meron ako nyan kesa sa wala...

naalala ko long time ago.. while slowly traversing a flooded street at night somewhere in Quiapo... the front wheel of our car suddenly hit an open manhole... we cannot get it out by ourselves if we don't have the 4x4 capability on our tap... I dont even have to wet my feet doing it...

we always keep one 4x4 vehicle in our stable... just in case the going gets tough...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    saan mo nakita yung mga prices? Sa Manila Bulletin? Hmmm, if it is as low as 900+k, this means hindi pa ganoon kababa ang existing prices. As far as negotiating a lower price, their practice is only up to 20K from the declared price ang pwede tawaran. They do reprice every 30-45 days, but also by 20K increments. They don't want to accomodate negotiated prices beyond the 20K limits for non Korean cars. Pwede mo tawaran kung Korean yung kotse.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    saan mo nakita yung mga prices? Sa Manila Bulletin? Hmmm, if it is as low as 900+k, this means hindi pa ganoon kababa ang existing prices. As far as negotiating a lower price, their practice is only up to 20K from the declared price ang pwede tawaran. They do reprice every 30-45 days, but also by 20K increments. They don't want to accomodate negotiated prices beyond the 20K limits for non Korean cars. Pwede mo tawaran kung Korean yung kotse.
    Hahaha~ Baba ng tingin nila sa Korean cars ah. Yung prices I saw from classifieds site ayosdito. Yung mga ganon kapag 900+k nilagay nila, meron pang sizeable bit na matatawaran. Minsan 50k and above if you're a smooth talker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
montero 4x4 m/t vs 4x2 a/t