New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    forester for me vs the montero
    kapitbahay namin naka montero pero everytime i look at it parang nasasayangan ako sa pagbili nila ng montero kung performance lang habol ko.
    it looks dead na para sakin kahit bago lang yun, i dunno why.. siguro dahil madami na sila sa kalsada. not being someone na biased ha pero tulad nga ng sinabi ng isang poster dito, iba aura na nae-emit ng subaru haha :harhar:
    pero go for the XT kung forester kukunin mo

long drives pa kamo, ayos lang din focus kaso mas comfortable ako sa mga suv pag mahabaang biyahe, short trips pwede pa focus, tdci pa sarap niyan

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Our backs hurting with our old Civics were what made us switch. Drove the FXT to Vigan overnight, got home and even went to a party after. No back pains, no soreness of any kind. Pero iba na lang kunin ninyo, dumadami na forester eh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Our backs hurting with our old Civics were what made us switch.
    So it's not us lang pala may issue sa Civic

Anybody knows when Forester Diesel will be coming? and Price Range? Thanks!

Prestige/Frugal/Power/Comfort

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYLES View Post
    So it's not us lang pala may issue sa Civic

Anybody knows when Forester Diesel will be coming? and Price Range? Thanks!

Prestige/Frugal/Power/Comfort

Nope, and I don't think it's just the Civic either. I think the cushion of compact cars in general tend to flatten after a couple of years -- perfectly fine for the young uns but as you get older ... well, you get the drift. So chances are, after a couple of years the Focus would be in a similar shape to the civic.

Unfortunately, ride comfort mostly goes with mid-size/exec cars which are neither frugal, cheap, nor tall.

The Montero is probably the worst choice in terms of back pain. It's a ladder frame. And even if they claim it's car-LIKE ... that means it's LIKE a compact.
    You'd probably be better off with the Outlander, though here again, frugality goes out the window.

The forester though has a long-travel suspension that's incredibly impressive. In fact, I found the ride equal to or better than the (old) exec legacy, much better than the civic, and almost at par with the old-model accord. Most affordable exec-LIKE ride there is.

Unfortunately, the forester diesel ISN'T likely to be here yet AT LEAST until 2010 so I don't think that's feasible for you -- you might be in traction by then. But don't take my word for it, test drive. And read up on the ride since it has its quirks (mine is an 07 model).

PS, if you guys didn't have a back problem like me I wouldn't even post here since I don't want too many Subarus on the road.

PPS, I've heard if you swap the stock Yokohamas with better tires like Bridgestones, they ride even better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Montero 2.5l, focus diesel or forester 2.0