New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Xpander really looks more of a van type (ala innova) compared to Rush, which more looks like a mini Fortuner (but longer I guess).

Probably will compete also against the BR-V.

Exterior wise, Xpander looks more futuristic while Rush seems to be more conventional SUV look.

Performance (speed) wise, even though they are both 1.5L engine, it might go to the Xpander since Rush is taller and hauling bigger/heavier wheels (same size almost as a Fort)

Comfort, I'd go with Xpander for sure. Easier ingress/egress. Plus not liking the ride quality of a Wigo/Avanza (both Daihatsu) (no pun intended)

Rush's price might be a more expensive compared to the Xpander (and even BR-V) since Avanza is already hitting the 1m segment... unless they phase out the Avanza.

It will all boil down to brand loyalty and personal preference. We as consumers win anyway since there are more choices (but will take more research) but we also lose because of more cars on the road = heavier traffic

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    FWD is cheaper and safer in a head on collision compared to RWD

In a RWD the differential is close to the gas tank and linked to the transmission with a rod. In the event of a head on collision the transmission will push the rod and differential assembly backwards closer to the fuel tank and could puncture it

Ill pick the safety side because my life is more valuable than any brand

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 15th, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    and the match is on! as toyorush is official from tmp...

a drag race will be posted soon from indonesia.. Mitsubishi Xpander Vs Toyota Rush

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Seriously? These are affordable people haulers and not performance vehicles. Let the horses do the running and let the donkeys do the hauling.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    TMP will probably do a Mobilio-BRV pricing scheme with the Avanza-Rush. With the Avanza 1.5G AT priced at exactly 1M, expect the Rush G to be priced at least 1.1M. Probably 1.2M for the top spec Sportivo variant if they release it here. Priced above the Xpander definitely.

Rush got best in-class safety features: 6 airbags, ABS, VSC, HSA, 3pt seatbelts and seatbelt indicators for all 7 seats. Surprising for a "third-world vehicle" bashers insist on. Mitsubishi should have done the same with the Xpander, at least with the GLS and up. People are starting to be safety-conscious and placing it higher on list of priorities when buying a vehicle.

Looking forward to both. More choices always means a win for the consumers. Good start for 2018.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the avanza is a dated design already.
    better for them to discontinue it, and let the rush, rush past the competition.
    my opinion.

but,
    i am not sure if the current avanza customer base will prefer the rush. are these folks in the transport and utility business? or, are they family people?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 15th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    let's wait for the official local units... for sure may mga features na tatanggalin ang Toyota/Mitsubishi Philippines
    Toyota pa. they are known to take out a lot of features on their cars.
    i am guessing only the TOTL model will have all the features, but a base model that if they price below 1M will surely be a hit. Although this might eat into the sales of their Avanza.

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the avanza is a dated design already.
    better for them to discontinue it, and let the rush, rush past the competition.
    my opinion.

but,
    i am not sure if the current avanza customer base will prefer the rush. are these folks in the transport and utility business? or, are they family people?
    A lot of Avanza buyers are fleet customers, they definitely won't be in the market for a Rush. Makes sense to sell both side by side. Besides, Toyota would rather have customers cross-shop among its vehicles than look elsewhere.

I haven't read of anything about the new Rush platform. It might be a heavy rework of the dated Avanza platform. Powertrain is also just a carry over.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    TMP will probably do a Mobilio-BRV pricing scheme with the Avanza-Rush. With the Avanza 1.5G AT priced at exactly 1M, expect the Rush G to be priced at least 1.1M. Probably 1.2M for the top spec Sportivo variant if they release it here. Priced above the Xpander definitely.

Rush got best in-class safety features: 6 airbags, ABS, VSC, HSA, 3pt seatbelts and seatbelt indicators for all 7 seats. Surprising for a "third-world vehicle" bashers insist on. Mitsubishi should have done the same with the Xpander, at least with the GLS and up. People are starting to be safety-conscious and placing it higher on list of priorities when buying a vehicle.

Looking forward to both. More choices always means a win for the consumers. Good start for 2018.
    dont be surprised, everyone will follow asean-ncap standards eventually.

stability contol "will be" available optionally on every toyota(in philippines) except maybe the wigo and avanza.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    dont be surprised, everyone will follow asean-ncap standards eventually.

stability contol "will be" available optionally on every toyota(in philippines) except maybe the wigo and avanza.

I'm not surprised, it's the Toyota bashers who are since they always say Toyota is stripped down here. Besides the AVT headunits, we're not that behind with the region in terms of features.

I'm expecting it as it's an on-going trend with TMP's recent rollouts. The full suite of safety acronyms were made standard on the Altis, then the Yaris. Vios will have it on its update here as well. So the Rush definitely will. Unless they treat utility vehicles different from passenger vehicles.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    you mentioned you were suprised... Mitsubishi Xpander Vs Toyota Rush

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast