New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO...

Xpander is more modern (electronic parking brake + center arm rest )

And I can't imagine going to a Nissan dealership and going home with TOTL Livina over an entry level Kicks - yes they are different cars, pero I don't need 7 seats everyday.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO...

Xpander is more modern (electronic parking brake + center arm rest )

And I can't imagine going to a Nissan dealership and going home with TOTL Livina over an entry level Kicks - yes they are different cars, pero I don't need 7 seats everyday.
    Saw the AI article where they asked Nissan PH president why they only brought the Livina in now. Personally, the statement made in that article makes a "little sense" but from afar you can see it is really just a "spin".

From what we can see just on pictures, well, I personally think they launched the Livina specifically because the Xpander is launching their facelift/upgraded model as well. With those head/bumper lights being changed in the new Xpander, the Livina carries over what I can only see as a "carryoner" from the Xpander design (aka something not unique). But, with the upgrade changing that, a "side by side" photo of the two will show "more" differences, rather than similarities.

It is a dice roll, and maybe, Mitsubishi, since part of the alliance, specifically made arrangements with Nissan that they not compete immediately in the same market where Mitsu is more dominant. As Mitsubishi is weak globally, but at least in the PH market, they are stronger than Nissan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I wonder how many times will I hear that the Livina has better A/C than the Xpander

biggest question I have...

why does the Livina still use Nissan's old logo?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

why does the Livina still use Nissan's old logo?
    because the current Livina still hasn't got facelift or an update since 2019.

Same goes for the new Almera, Terra and Navara. Even they had facelifts already, they still use the old Nissan emblem.

Imagine if Nissan has the Xpander Cross version of the Livina.

Its the Livina X gear.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hows the availability of both units?

Even if most people prefer the updated Xpander pero wala naman available na unit, they would likely gravitate to the Nissan Livina.