New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmb7 View Post
    Thanks sirs... How about repo/2nd hand cars from toyota certified usee vehicles?

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
    a used car is a used car.
    but toyota says they offer certain warranties that are usually not associated with used car purchase. that should offer the buyer some comfort.
    although, some folks say toyota pre-owned cars are kinda expensive.
    and no, i haven't toyota pre-owned.
    but i have kakilala-pre-owned. no warranties, but the guy takes care of his cars pretty well. i guess, this is the better alternative. if you stumble onto one, ask the bank if they are willing to shoulder the deal.

usually naman kasi, a car will last long if it is given reasonable care.

fuel savings of cvt over at?
    that may be.
    but in my opinion, the potential sira of the cvt... i notice threads argueing for and against...

3rd row innova space is good enough?
    only if one is comparing it with the... 1st gen vios. heh heh.
    kasya nga kung kasya, but after a few minutes, one will ask oneself, "bakit ako nagtitiyaga dito, when the second row in front of me is much more comfortable?"

everest? you will probably have to heavily modify your garage first. it's loooong.

o, kamusta na TS?
    final decision na bah?

take it from an innova fan. go innova d4d!
    fortuner? i would have, long ago, except that my neighborhood is kinda cramped.
    heh heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 4th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a used car is a used car.
    but toyota says they offer certain warranties that are usually not associated with used car purchase. that should offer the buyer some comfort.
    although, some folks say toyota pre-owned cars are kinda expensive.
    and no, i haven't toyota pre-owned.
    but i have kakilala-pre-owned. no warranties, but the guy takes care of his cars pretty well. i guess, this is the better alternative. if you stumble onto one, ask the bank if they are willing to shoulder the deal.

usually naman kasi, a car will last long if it is given reasonable care.

fuel savings of cvt over at?
    that may be.
    but in my opinion, the potential sira of the cvt... i notice threads argueing for and against...

3rd row innova space is good enough?
    only if one is comparing it with the... 1st gen vios. heh heh.
    kasya nga kung kasya, but after a few minutes, one will ask oneself, "bakit ako nagtitiyaga dito, when the second row in front of me is much more comfortable?"

everest? you will probably have to heavily modify your garage first. it's loooong.

o, kamusta na TS?
    final decision na bah?

take it from an innova fan. go innova d4d!
    fortuner? i would have, long ago, except that my neighborhood is kinda cramped.
    heh heh heh.
    Innova na lang daw sabi ni kumander.. She cant compromise the space of innova vs other mpvs e.. Since early next year pa naman kami bibili e dun kami magdecide if 2nd hand or brand new innova.. Sobrang stretch na kasi sa budget yung diesel AT innova e.. Malay natin doc ako manalo sa lotto hahaha

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Innova na lang daw sabi ni kumander.. She cant compromise the space of innova vs other mpvs e.. Since early next year pa naman kami bibili e dun kami magdecide if 2nd hand or brand new innova.. Sobrang stretch na kasi sa budget yung diesel AT innova e.. Malay natin doc ako manalo sa lotto hahaha

Good choice bro Mitsubishi Xpander AT or 2nd hand Toyota Innova 1st gen (2015) AT

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Tama yan bro. You can buy performance and all sorts of accessories, but you cannot buy space. Kung sobrang stretch na sa brand new AT Innova, maaari namang kumuha ng used.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    I have a 1st gen innova diesel MT, bought 2016. Wifey wants to drive AT instead of MT. So I will sell my current innova.

Im torn between a 2nd hand innova diesel AT or the brand new Xpander AT.

I am considering the Xpander even though it is gas fed because my office and my wife's office are not too far away from our home, its just about 18 kms back and forth. Our working hours is either 11am to 8pm or 4pm to 12 midnight, so traffic is not that bad. So in short, it would be a low mileage car.
    -The cruise control is a plus when traversing NLEX
    -Easier ingress/egress for eldery
    -Ligther steering wheel compared to innova (will be used mostly by wifey)
    -Seat height adjust (also for wifey)

2nd hand diesel innova (E or G) is being considered because of:
    -bigger space
    -more engine power
    -sturdier under chassis more suited to our roads

-The car will be used within the city most of the time.
    -We go out of town once or twice a year only, with 7 people.
    -Car will be loaded with 7 people on weekends, but within the city and short distances only

Hope someone can help me decide which is a better buy. Thank you!

Ill go for expander

6. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    make computations, po, re. expander vs. used innova.
    cost of acquisition and fuel expenses.
    then sit back and ask oneself if the extra expense, if any, is acceptable.

i am of the impression that the old innovae are so well-designed and robustly built, that it has few problems thru the years.
    i don't seem to recall horror stories from used innova buyers...
    but i could be mistaken.
    Expander na muna, maganda

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    i would go for the brand new just for the piece of mind

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789