New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thank you very much guys! Napagtibay nyu na mas okay talaga ang mirage kesa alto no doubt na ako. Hindi naman siguro ganun kalaki ang difference ng magagastos between the two in terms of cost of owning it(maintenance and operation expense). This weekend I will tell them this points I've gathered.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Let me tell you my experience with SUZUKI casa service.

They have no sense of quality service. I had a car repaired at a SUZUKI casa because of an insurance claim recommendation. They spliced wires together using "rat-tails" for replacement headlights and signal lights. They then used MASKING TAPE to insulate it. And when I tested the lights, the signal lighs weren't even functioning correctly (inverted blink and steady). When I talked to the service manager about it, I was just given a well rehearsed "we will look into it" and then promptly disappears and nowhere to be found. That disappearing act was quickly followed by a secretary handing me my car's exit papers and telling me my car has been cleaned and ready to be driven out. WTF?!? Ready? Despite my complaint and fact that the signal light still was not corrected (I just re-wired it myself when I got home and properly soldered & insulated it).

You think they would follow it up? ... nope, not a single call to follow up with me on the service quality. I even inquire about my complaint. NOT EVEN A FRIGGING RECORD of it.

By the way, my car was THICK COVERED WITH DUST AND DIRT when they drove it out from the covered service area to the customer pickup area despite they said they "cleaned" it. It was as if they parked it in the middle of a rain forest for a week!!! They just cleaned the front and rear windshields and considered it "ready for pickup".

NEVER AGAIN AT SUZUKI.... They might make nice cars but their service shops stink like hell!!!
    Sir I own a Suzuki, and I used to bring it to Shaw for PMS. I can agree with you with things. Shaw used to be a great casa for me, I mean they are accommodating and they do the job right. Except for the new service guy who gave a dent to my wife's celerio (Yung dating service guy nila ok na ok eh tapos nung nagbago nakakairita). The only reason why I used to bring the Celerio sa Shaw was because of the Team Celerio discounts they have, pero since Makati also gives discounts now, we do it with Makati na mas malapit kasi sa Lipa. At the same time mas ok sa Makati. There is Suzuki Lipa but then agian, ang sama sama ng experience ko dito sa casa na to.. Actually sales pa lang sablay na, I was considering the SX4 back then gusto ko matry pero Celerio lang talaga gusto ko for my wife. Ayaw ipa try sakin.. Mga loko loko, dahil ba nakashorts lang ako? dahil ba hindi ako mukhang may pera? Nakakairita sila, kaya kahit yung Celerio ni misis dito namin binili sa Manila. Sa UN Ave kami kumuha.. Ok lang sana dun kaso ang layo samin..

BTT: Between your choices sir, I'd take the Mirage anyday of the week. If you can stretch your budget sa Mirage mas ok yun.. It's bigger and Alto is no match for it. The thing is, ang tingin siguro ng parents mo or kung sino man na magdedesisyon mas reliable ang suzuki sa small cars, which is kinda true. Pero your convincing powers can change this. Mitsubishi isn't a bad brand at all. hehe

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    parang ganito lang yan. kung ayaw mong mahirapan magbayad. go for the alto for it's sub 500k pricetag. if you want to go in style, and drive a ride with additional features, go for the mirage for 500-600k. but patience is a virtue. if you wait a little longer, there's news that toyota will be coming up with their own brand to join the niche-toyota ayga.

btw... i chose the alto k10. takot ako sa maraming bayarin.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    BTT: Between your choices sir, I'd take the Mirage anyday of the week. If you can stretch your budget sa Mirage mas ok yun.. It's bigger and Alto is no match for it. The thing is, ang tingin siguro ng parents mo or kung sino man na magdedesisyon mas reliable ang suzuki sa small cars, which is kinda true. Pero your convincing powers can change this. Mitsubishi isn't a bad brand at all. hehe
    Yes the counter argument against mirage is it's price pero I know it's going to be worth it. I believe both are reliable naman pero I have this feel for the mirage. Just want to confirm with you guys if you'll agree, and so far majority ay boto sa mirage.

parang ganito lang yan. kung ayaw mong mahirapan magbayad. go for the alto for it's sub 500k pricetag. if you want to go in style, and drive a ride with additional features, go for the mirage for 500-600k. but patience is a virtue. if you wait a little longer, there's news that toyota will be coming up with their own brand to join the niche-toyota ayga.

btw... i chose the alto k10. takot ako sa maraming bayarin.
    Congrats sir you can't go wrong with the alto kaya nahihirapan din kami mag decide. Para bang a tested, cost efficient, reliable car versus a new car with a few doubts since it's new in the road and still has lots to prove, safe choice talaga yang alto. Kung hindi lang naimbento yang mirage, sureball naka alto na ako .

Main concern ko sa alto is yung passenger comfort, sobrang na compromise yung sa likod eh, Im planning to keep the car for long term use and I think it can justify the little extra cost by going with the mirage, sasakay naman ay mga loved ones ko at hindi kung sinu sinu lang. Just need to assure kung reliable naman ba yung mirage, mukang well received naman.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    ^same sentiments bro... sikip nga sa likod. but i do the driving kaya tiis tiis na lang ang mga back seat passengers ko kapag weekends. but for daily driving to and from the office na ako lang and gf occasionally. it suits well. you might say tested nga dahil no nonsense at very practical ang mga indians when it comes to purchases at pasado ito sa kanila.

btw... i jammed my folding bike sa backseat. nagkasya naman. hahaha. kaso di naman ako makapamisekleta dahil naguuulan ngayon. hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by python2008 View Post
    Yes the counter argument against mirage is it's price pero I know it's going to be worth it. I believe both are reliable naman pero I have this feel for the mirage. Just want to confirm with you guys if you'll agree, and so far majority ay boto sa mirage.
    Your main rebuttal eh, since 1 time naman tong purchase natin, we should consider our value for money. I mean just add a little more and we get a bigger car. Tsaka what if we consider selling it? Mahirap ibenta yung Alto, Mirage I think will be better. haha parang ganyan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Proven na din ang binigay na 5-star safety ng ANCAP sa Mirage. May naaksidente akong kakilala earlier this year, total wreck talaga yung oto. Head-on sa poste at high speed. Both air bags nag-deploy. Buti na lang both the driver and passenger naka-seat belt kaya they've survived.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by peps View Post
    Proven na din ang binigay na 5-star safety ng ANCAP sa Mirage. May naaksidente akong kakilala earlier this year, total wreck talaga yung oto. Head-on sa poste at high speed. Both air bags nag-deploy. Buti na lang both the driver and passenger naka-seat belt kaya they've survived.
    That's another plus point for the mirage.

Good thing they survived.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by python2008 View Post
    Hi guys!

We are currently discussing which car to buy.

So far mas gusto nila yung suzuki alto, pero sabi ko mas maganda yung mirage, pareho naman silang matipid(although mas matipid yung alto).
    Pero ang dami kasi na hindi ko gusto dun like sobrang masikip, madaming na compromise for the sake of cutting cost at kung anu anu pang minor reasons.

Ang akin lang kasi, hindi naman kami makakabili na ulit ng kotse agad agad kaya it would be better to get something that will satisfy at the same time reasonable and efficient pa din. I believe yung mitsubishi mirage ang pinaka perfect balance ng budget conscious at sa medyo gusto din naman ng konting upgrade.

Kaya naman namin maafford yung mirage kaso hindi ko sila maconvice na piliin yung mirage, so need ko sana ng opinion nyu guys.
    btw eto ang intindi nila kung bakit mas ok ang alto:

1. Ang alto ay mas mura - which is totoo naman
    2. Ang alto ay mas matipid sa gas - totoo naman pero matipid din yung mirage
    3. Porma lang daw ang mirage - well mas maporma naman talaga ang mirage kesa alto
    4. Mahal daw ang maintenance ng mirage - hindi ako naniniwala, mas mura lang talaga alto
    5. Mahirap daw maghanap ng parts sa mirage - hindi ako naniniwala

I need your ideas regarding this argument, Anu anu ba ang major points ng mirage na worth considering over alto, wag na kayo magrecommend ng ibang models.

TIA good day po
    If you got cash to spare, go for the Mirage... valid din kasi talaga lahat ng intindi nila sa Alto. You just have to convince them that the extra cost is worth it.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    If kaya naman ng budget mirage, its a no brainer. Just make sure na kaya nga talaga. Yung hindi ka mahihirapan at all sa pagbabayad. The only reason id think of getting an alto is if my budget is that limited. But even then, id lean towards getting a 2nd hand car instead. Try considering it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast