New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The "mahirap maghanap ng parts ng Mirage" is obviously not true. With the huge number of Mirages on the road, there are tons of aftermarket cosmetic parts already available, and stores are stocking up on Mirage parts, already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    nakasakay/drive na ba sila sa both cars? baka dito mabago isip nila.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thank you guys sa mga reply, now I'm leaning more on getting the mirage, eto mga natutunan ko sa inputs nyu:

1. hindi dapat mabahala sa maintenance at availability ng parts since mas madami pala ang casa ng mitsubishi kesa suzuki. At madami na din ang meron nito kaya chances are madami din after market parts.

2. Mas modern ang design ng mirage and better.

So in terms of durability and reliability, anu ba masasabi nyu? I know medyo bago pa siya sa market pero with your more experienced evaluation, anu ba masasabi nyu kay mirage para ma backup ko pa ng mas solid yung argument ko.

Nabasa ko yung alto pala is 100% Indian made and engineered(maruti), sa papel lang pala siya suzuki while yung mirage ay engineered by Japanese at gumagamit ng mitsubishi proprietary technology like yung MIVEC engine, sorry kung racist ang dating pero somehow mas tiwala ako sa Japanese kesa sa Bumbay, I work kasi sa isang company na managed by Indians at masasabi ko bara bara sila magtrabaho haha but it's just my workplace malamang magagaling din naman siguro sila.

Nakadrive na kasi tatay ko ng alto, at nakasakay na kami dun at sabi nga sa mga credible reviews ay talagang matipid ang alto kaya daw like 25 km per liter or mahigit pa. Masasabi ko lang na kawawa ka talaga pag naging passenger ka dun 5' 7'' lang ako at medyo chubby pero grabe sumakay ako dun sa likod walang leg room talagang feel na feel mo na ipit ka. Then sa mall nakita ko yung mirage at sinubukan kong umupo sa likod at talagang masasabi ko na mas maluwag talaga sa alto mas comfortable din umupo, tapos mas malakas yung makina nito so expected ko na mas kakayanin nya yung kung anu man ang kaya ng alto with a little bit more expense sa fuel.

Kaya eto nga sasabihin ko, before magfinalize ng decision i check muna namin yung mirage sa showroom ng magkaalaman na.

I just need to convince na worth yung extra cost nya versus alto. Please provide more inputs guys salamat po

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    The mirage has a 5 star crash safety rating. That's enough reason to buy it
    Yup.... 5 STAR safety rating for the MIRAGE. Better than driving a "cheaper" car that might be your coffin when you encounter an accident.

LINK: Mitsubishi Mirage gets top crash rating | carsguide.com.au

LINK: UK review (with video): Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback (carbuyer.co.uk)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So far ang major issues pa lang ng Mirage ay:
    1. ABS sensors on the GLS variants (covered by recall)
    2. Starter problems (Mitsu PH aware of it, fixed relatively easily by replacing starter and associated parts, no recall yet)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by python2008 View Post
    1. hindi dapat mabahala sa maintenance at availability ng parts since mas madami pala ang casa ng mitsubishi kesa suzuki. At madami na din ang meron nito kaya chances are madami din after market parts.

Let me tell you my experience with SUZUKI casa service.

They have no sense of quality service. I had a car repaired at a SUZUKI casa because of an insurance claim recommendation. They spliced wires together using "rat-tails" for replacement headlights and signal lights. They then used MASKING TAPE to insulate it. And when I tested the lights, the signal lighs weren't even functioning correctly (inverted blink and steady). When I talked to the service manager about it, I was just given a well rehearsed "we will look into it" and then promptly disappears and nowhere to be found. That disappearing act was quickly followed by a secretary handing me my car's exit papers and telling me my car has been cleaned and ready to be driven out. WTF?!? Ready? Despite my complaint and fact that the signal light still was not corrected (I just re-wired it myself when I got home and properly soldered & insulated it).

You think they would follow it up? ... nope, not a single call to follow up with me on the service quality. I even inquire about my complaint. NOT EVEN A FRIGGING RECORD of it.

By the way, my car was THICK COVERED WITH DUST AND DIRT when they drove it out from the covered service area to the customer pickup area despite they said they "cleaned" it. It was as if they parked it in the middle of a rain forest for a week!!! They just cleaned the front and rear windshields and considered it "ready for pickup".

NEVER AGAIN AT SUZUKI.... They might make nice cars but their service shops stink like hell!!!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Let me tell you my experience with SUZUKI casa service.

They have no sense of quality service. I had a car repaired at a SUZUKI casa because of an insurance claim recommendation. They spliced wires together using "rat-tails" for replacement headlights and signal lights. They then used MASKING TAPE to insulate it. And when I tested the lights, the signal lighs weren't even functioning correctly (inverted blink and steady). When I talked to the service manager about it, I was just given a well rehearsed "we will look into it" and then promptly disappears and nowhere to be found. That disappearing act was quickly followed by a secretary handing me my car's exit papers and telling me my car has been cleaned and ready to be driven out. WTF?!? Ready? Despite my complaint and fact that the signal light still was not corrected (I just re-wired it myself when I got home and properly soldered & insulated it).

You think they would follow it up? ... nope, not a single call to follow up with me on the service quality. I even inquire about my complaint. NOT EVEN A FRIGGING RECORD of it.

By the way, my car was THICK COVERED WITH DUST AND DIRT when they drove it out from the covered service area to the customer pickup area despite they said they "cleaned" it. It was as if they parked it in the middle of a rain forest for a week!!! They just cleaned the front and rear windshields and considered it "ready for pickup".

NEVER AGAIN AT SUZUKI.... They might make nice cars but their service shops stink like hell!!!
    what a bad experience you went through, saan casa naman yan? at anu car mo? if you can share I can also consider this kasi, I mean kung talagang ganyan ang majority sa suzuki ay malamang sayang lang kung alto kukunin namin.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nabasa ko yung alto pala is 100% Indian made and engineered(maruti), sa papel lang pala siya suzuki while yung mirage ay engineered by Japanese at gumagamit ng mitsubishi proprietary technology like yung MIVEC engine, sorry kung racist ang dating pero somehow mas tiwala ako sa Japanese kesa sa Bumbay, I work kasi sa isang company na managed by Indians at masasabi ko bara bara sila magtrabaho haha but it's just my workplace malamang magagaling din naman siguro sila.
    Yep mahirap mag-generalize based on race. And madaming Suzuki sa India hehe. Pinapag-kasya nila minsan pito sa Alto

Interesting article re Suzuki's India factories: Gallery: India's insane Suzuki factories - BBC Top Gear

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what a bad experience you went through, saan casa naman yan? at anu car mo? if you can share I can also consider this kasi, I mean kung talagang ganyan ang majority sa suzuki ay malamang sayang lang kung alto kukunin namin.

SUZUKI SHAW. :boo::down:

Consider the fact that SUZUKI Philippines is connected with RAPIDE, it was no wonder the service was so poor!!
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 29th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get the mirage. it's a newer design. the passenger space is larger. there are more mitsubishi casas than suzuki casas here. the extra expense is worth it.
    but for the same money (brand new alto or mirage), you can get a good, used toyota, mits, nissan or honda.
    who says used cars are a no-no? you just have to be "careful"..

I totally agree, with the price of 600K+++ get the mirage! BUT wait if you want to check out there will be a new car for toyota.
    Toyota Agta.

Wait for it. panlaban ng toyota sa mirage. Malamang same price range and baka ma consider din ng family mo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast