New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, so ibig sabihin ba nun is mas mabilis sya compared sa mga 2.0 gas sedans? How about to an SiR Stock to stock? Sorry ha, im not a speed freak naman but medyo nasanay lang ako with the speed of SiR and the power of a diesel SUVs so ayoko naman ng medyo manibago ako if ever na i decided to get a lancer or even an accent. Thanks
    If you take a look at the top speed videos of previous gen Accent 1.5CRDi's, you should somehow get an idea, though the new one is more powerful.

The Accent CRDi should be able to do 0-100 in similar, if not slightly better time as compared to the 2.0 gas sedans, due to its excellent low to midrange pull though top speed would be somewhat lower since it "only" has 128hp. Its characteristics would be like the opposite of the performance of an SiR wherein most of its performance can only be accessed at the higher part of the rpm range, but when driven below 4000rpm, it behaves much like any garden variety 1.6L sedan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Due to turbocharging and diesel characteristics, the Accent is faster off the line giving strong acceleration. But then it loses steam as the speed goes up so that the top speed is something you expect from a high horse normally aspirated 1.6L gasoline engine.
    That is exactly what I experience when I test drove the Hyundai Accent CRDi last year. It has initially lot of grunt as it quickly accelerates then suddenly all that power seemingly evaporates into thin air as the speedometer goes up in speed. It does not have the same power characteristics found in the other turbo diesel sedan, the Ford Focus 2.0TDCi. In the Focus, the power arrives in bucket-loads and keeps on going until you reach just short of the rev limiter.

In short, if you are looking for a fast car, the Accent CRDi is not it. In fact, it is frustrating to even attempt to drive this car anywhere near the definition of "fast". It might be a good commuter car, it is just bad at being a fast car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pardon my ignorance, so ibig sabihin ba nun is mas mabilis sya compared sa mga 2.0 gas sedans? How about to an SiR Stock to stock? Sorry ha, im not a speed freak naman but medyo nasanay lang ako with the speed of SiR and the power of a diesel SUVs so ayoko naman ng medyo manibago ako if ever na i decided to get a lancer or even an accent. Thanks
    Against 2.0L gas sedans? ... I don't have the numbers to back up my claim but the Accent CRDi feels not that fast. Overall, it feels somewhat in the realm of a 1.6L gas compact sedan in straight-line performance.

We will hopefully have the data in a few weeks time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    That is exactly what I experience when I test drove the Hyundai Accent CRDi last year. It has initially lot of grunt as it quickly accelerates then suddenly all that power seemingly evaporates into thin air as the speedometer goes up in speed. It does not have the same power characteristics found in the other turbo diesel sedan, the Ford Focus 2.0TDCi. In the Focus, the power arrives in bucket-loads and keeps on going until you reach just short of the rev limiter.

In short, if you are looking for a fast car, the Accent CRDi is not it. In fact, it is frustrating to even attempt to drive this car anywhere near the definition of "fast". It might be a good commuter car, it is just bad at being a fast car.
    I also experience that with my diesel suv, i can feel its power from 0-120kph but then it somewhat loses its power when you reached the highrange rev. Wherein in my SiR i really have to gun it to be able to produce more power due to its highrange power distribution but once it gets there, it really moves.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Against 2.0L gas sedans? ... I don't have the numbers to back up my claim but the Accent CRDi feels not that fast. Overall, it feels somewhat in the realm of a 1.6L gas compact sedan in straight-line performance.

We will hopefully have the data in a few weeks time.
    Now i am enlightened, kasi they said before that the accent 1.5crdi is indeed a fast car so i guess i expected so much from the new model since they said that its even faster i just dont know what to car they compared it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Accent CRDi is definitely fast, if compared to 1.6L sedans. But the 2.0's is perhaps asking a bit too much. However if its a manual Accent CRDi with a chip...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also experience that with my diesel suv, i can feel its power from 0-120kph but then it somewhat loses its power when you reached the highrange rev. Wherein in my SiR i really have to gun it to be able to produce more power due to its highrange power distribution but once it gets there, it really moves.

That is the problem with the B16 motor where the power is produced at the last 2000rpm of the rev range. Compared to Nissan's superb SR20DE motor, power comes up quickly until you are in the midrange of the RPM and goes all the way to redline. Too bad we didn't get the Sentra with SR20 motors locally but there are a lot of engine swapped Sentras with SR20 motors around.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Accent CRDi is definitely fast, if compared to 1.6L sedans. But the 2.0's is perhaps asking a bit too much. However if its a manual Accent CRDi with a chip...

I doubt if a chipped Accent CRDi would gain that much more performance over stock.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A chip should give the Accent CRDi a , say, 10-20whp boost right? Technically shouldn't that bring it to 2.0L territory already?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A chip should give the Accent CRDi a , say, 10-20whp boost right? Technically shouldn't that bring it to 2.0L territory already?
    Yes, if you are just measuring HP numbers. As we know, the problem with the Accent CRDi is not the HP numbers but in how the power is delivered. It comes in a big bump at the beginning and disappears soon after. I am just assuming the issue would be turbo size related more than anything else with the motor itself. If I am correct, then a chip upgrade will not change the power delivery characteristics, even if it bumps up the hp output.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer GTa/ Ford Focus S/ Accent Crdi/ honda civic 2.0