New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Guys good evening! where planning to buy this kind of car.. what can you say about it? ok ba? what is the good and bad side of this car.. pls help me.. thank u! ung past post ko pls nevermind about it. just in this one.. thanks!

Godbless us all..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well you may seem to be getting a lot for your money. It is a compact sedan after all and selling for subcompact money. But The performance isn't really great, fuel consumption is reportedly disappointing, and the design is very old. I don't see much particularly desirable about this car actually. You might as well get the Accent 1.4GL A/T and enjoy your ride a lot more. You get lots of space, the latest technology, great gas mileage and A/T convenience at a lower price tag. And I believe the engine knocking issue has been resolved na so no worries.

Magkano ba talaga ang budget mo? Let's try to maximize it and look for the best ride for you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    panung old? ok nmn ung design ah? wer going to pay it via monthly.. ksi ok ung promo kaya maybe kunin nmin,, ung hyundai now plng cla nag boom kya we don't know after 5 years db?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenne08 View Post
    panung old? ok nmn ung design ah? wer going to pay it via monthly.. ksi ok ung promo kaya maybe kunin nmin,, ung hyundai now plng cla nag boom kya we don't know after 5 years db?
    This version of the Lancer has been here already since 2004 so matanda na yan. I don't know about you but I'm not one for the Cedia's design, especially after they facelifted it to look more different than the Cedia based Evo at lalong pumangit. Parang hindi na siya mukhang new car kahit bagong labas lang ng showroom. Now there's nothing particularly wrong about this car, I just find it to be lacking in the presence of so much competition.

As for the Hyundai, kung natatakot ka may 5 year warranty naman sila. And I'm starting to see Accent 1.4GL's being used for cab service now so reliability concerns should pretty much be put to rest.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    uhm ok.. thanks! but i has a bigger engine and the response is ok nmn db? 100 to 120kph/hr lng nmn me.. unlike my cousin's husband.. 160kph fro clark toll gate to floridablanca tollgate for just only 12minutes.. ^^ 94 toyota gli AT

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ nice! The engine is the 4G18 which is 90s era pa and with no variable valve timing so the gas mileage is not as good as more modern 1.6L's. So yung pagtatakbo niya is like any garden variety 90s 1.6L compact sedan. So if you are OK na with that, eh di OK na.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ok nga un.. pero my family want a brand new.. so un ngang GLX ung plan bilhin..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    value-for-money nga ang lancer glx 1.6 kasi compact size car w/ 1.6l engine with the price of a sub-compact car. may airbags na din siya at dahil matagal ng asa market yung cedia-body lancer siguradong mas madaling kumuha at mas mura ang spare parts. personally ok naman yung styling niya para sakin

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha~ nice! The engine is the 4G18 which is 90s era pa and with no variable valve timing so the gas mileage is not as good as more modern 1.6L's. So yung pagtatakbo niya is like any garden variety 90s 1.6L compact sedan. So if you are OK na with that, eh di OK na.
    Bro GTi, ano na ba ang acceptable gas mileage for a 1.6? Di ko kasi magets kung bakit marami nagsasabing malakas sa gas ang Cedia. For CVT GLS, 7-9 ang alam kong FC since medyo underpowered siya compared to 2.0 EX CVT. Pero my GLX runs 8.5-11 for city driving. 8.5 being stucked in edsa during rush hour. malakas na ba sa gas yun?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO, considering the amount of power it makes, 7-9 is a tad low parang in the realm of 1.8's na yun ah. Dun sa 8.5-11, yung 11 ba best case scenario? As in yung parang fuel consumption attained by low speed cruising?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.6 MT