New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Mitsubishi Lancer EX Ralliart vs Subaru Impreza WRX [/SIZE]

compare?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO I like the Lancer's looks more. The Subaru doesn't appeal to me at all. It may not look bad, but its just too generic. The interior screams TOYOTA. The Lancer uses a dual clutch A/T which should be friendlier in city traffic compared to the WRX's manual but I've heard that the Lancer has a very responsive but jittery suspension, am I right? But still, with the discounts MMPC is offering nowadays I feel that the Lancer is actually a good deal, considering that an Impreza WRX with a dual clutch transmission and similar features would probably cost just as much.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IMHO I like the Lancer's looks more. The Subaru doesn't appeal to me at all. It may not look bad, but its just too generic. The interior screams TOYOTA. The Lancer uses a dual clutch A/T which should be friendlier in city traffic compared to the WRX's manual but I've heard that the Lancer has a very responsive but jittery suspension, am I right? But still, with the discounts MMPC is offering nowadays I feel that the Lancer is actually a good deal, considering that an Impreza WRX with a dual clutch transmission and similar features would probably cost just as much.
    The Lancer EX Ralliart is actually a very smooth car to drive in your typical day to day drive. You will need to push the engine to the upper rpm range to get the power you are looking for. And you will need to keep the rpm high because power dramatically drops off below a certain rpm point. So trying to do that with the dual clutch will take a bit of practice and concentration.

As for the Ralliart's interior, it kinda disappoints (for me) since it's just pretty much what you get if you have the Lancer EX GTA, just slightly nicer seats. The same dash, same head unit, etc. Yes, there are some additional buttons and switches for the AWD and engine mode but generally nothing that says much more than driving a typical Lancer EX.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually... the trim of the Ralliart is better than lower-end Lancers, and a bit better than the WRX STi... despite the plastic on the doors.

You really have to push it hard to get at the extra performance. In this case, it feels more like a high-strung naturally aspirated engine than a beefy turbocharged motor. Which ain't a bad thing. It gives it personality... unlike many new cars that are linear and thus, kind of boring. Besides... it's probable that you can tune it for more power, to match the Evo.

The Lancer Ralliart has a great suspension. now the Subaru has a longer suspension stroke, but the Lancer actually feels a bit more civil (quite a shock) in Ralliart form because it has the same wheels as the regular EX instead of some ultra-large rims with ultra-thin tires like the Evolution.

My only beef with the Ralliart is that it feels more Lancer Plus than Evo-lite. The suspension feels nearly identical to the Lancer EX. There's understeer at the start, neutral-steer in the middle, and you only get the EVO-special oversteer if you have all the aids turned off and have the engine whanging away at high rpms in a corner. And even then, it's not manic oversteer, just a frisson of power-over.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Lancer EX Ralliart is much better than the Subaru Impreza WRX..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the ex ralliart is a better overall car than the wrx, the only advantage of the wrx is the all out performance it has.

here's a very accurate comparison of the performance between the 2.
    http://www.insideline.com/subaru/imp...preza-wrx.html

note: the wrx they used is the usdm wrx which has 265hp compared to the 224hp sold here in the philippines, but that's the only difference the hp handling is still the same. they even state that the 224hp wrx is faster than the ralliart.

bottom line is if you're looking for all out performance the wrx is a much better choice and would run circles around the ralliart. if you're looking for a fast daily driver naman then the ralliart is a better choice for you.
    Last edited by foresterx; November 19th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    EX Ralliart > Impreza Hatch WRX.

Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Sedan ( 2nd hand ) > Brand new EX Ralliart.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Indeed... it's WRX STi > Ralliart > WRX. The only thing is... the Ralliart costs nearly as much as the STi. If they could sell a stripped Ralliart... sans Rockford Fosgate... sans TC-SST, it could come in around the 2m mark... and be much quicker still.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Mitsubishi Lancer EX Ralliart vs Subaru Impreza WRX ??