New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Also, I don't think fuel consumption matters too much for people with a budget for 2M performance cars.
    Believe me, it does matter.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    RWD is great fun in ideal conditions but it can be dangerous in bad weather or simply bad roads or roads with loose surface (gravel or sand on it). I have spun out RWD vehicles before simply because of some loose gravel or sand in the corner as I applied power at the apex.

It wouldn't have happened if i had AWD to help me grip and correct the car.
    Yep. That's the disadvantage of having a RWD car. Kasi mostly, RWD's are meant for drifting. Look at the Silvia, it's RWD. It's a drift car. Look at the A31 Cefiro, it's RWD and then again, it's a drift car.

Not that RWD cars spins a lot but there's a bigger possibility of this happening. You make it more dangerous by turning the traction control off.

BTW, people turn the TC off so they can skid the tires from stop to sudden acceleration. ( clutch-engage in 1st gear-rev while stepping on the clutch-release the clutch )

The AWD on the other hand gives a better grip > RWD. One disadvantage that I'm seeing is that when it's being towed - an AWD car cannot be towed since it can damage the transmission. If you need it to bring an AWD car on a shop, lift it in a truck bed.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Believe me, it does matter.
    Yep, it does. Money saved from gas can be spent on mods.

-

Again, it's practicality vs. looks. Of course a non-car enthusiast cannot differentiate further which is which ( RA vs. EX ) and they would normally appreciate the looks of the GC since admittedly it really is eye-catchy > lancer RA.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The AWD on the other hand gives a better grip > RWD.
    yep, 4 wheels scratching is always better than 2.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Yep. That's the disadvantage of having a RWD car. Kasi mostly, RWD's are meant for drifting. Look at the Silvia, it's RWD. It's a drift car. Look at the A31 Cefiro, it's RWD and then again, it's a drift car.

Not that RWD cars spins a lot but there's a bigger possibility of this happening. You make it more dangerous by turning the traction control off.

BTW, people turn the TC off so they can skid the tires from stop to sudden acceleration. ( clutch-engage in 1st gear-rev while stepping on the clutch-release the clutch )]
    On the thing about all RWD being drift cars, not really. Sometimes it is just the layout that makes sense. Good handling and good power delivery.

A Merc S350 is RWD but its not a drift car (but that didnt stop me from drifting it anyway).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    yep, 4 wheels scratching is always better than 2.
    Hindi ba mas mahina mag burnout ang AWD

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The s2000 and miata is a couple of examples of a rwd that's almost impossible to drift. You have to be a really good driver to drift the s2000, for the miata kahit gano ka pa ka galing you won't be able to drift it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yup, you can only do a quick burn out on an awd car. I don't advise doing it cause you'll break a lot of parts if done repeatedly.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    The s2000 and miata is a couple of examples of a rwd that's almost impossible to drift. You have to be a really good driver to drift the s2000, for the miata kahit gano ka pa ka galing you won't be able to drift it.
    generally the miata doesnt have enough power to drift.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    yep, but in terms of handling, 4 wheels scratching is better than two.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mitsu Ralliart, it can blend in at mall parking lots to evade car thieves yet deliver more than enough performance for a regular guy(as in skill not money). And evo's age well, that cant be said for all coupes. It may not be a full pledged evo, but it has pedigree... and seats 5 + trunk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer EX RALLIART 2.0T vs Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T