New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    C4U, one is never too old to have a car that is fun to drive. If there is such a thing, then everyone is considers themselves "old" would be driving Vios and Corollas. (apologizes to Vios and Corolla owners!! hehehe)

And the Lancer EX is simple enough to "dress-up". A set of 18 inch wheels would dramatically change the car's looks without the need of a bodykit nor lowering.
    Ouch! I'd like to think of Corolla owners as conservative and practical which is common among older people. hehehe.

I really like the harap of the Lancer but there's something is about the likod that I don't like. I wanna do subtle changes din. By the way I'm posting it seems like I already made my decision But I'll wait for the test drive. I am also surprised that my Mom wants the Lancer when she's also a Toyota fan like me!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    C4U, one is never too old to have a car that is fun to drive. If there is such a thing, then everyone is considers themselves "old" would be driving Vios and Corollas. (apologizes to Vios and Corolla owners!! hehehe)
    My empty-nester retiree parents wanted to upgrade from their lovelife Corolla to something more exciting but still fuel-efficient. Guess what they're saving up for? An MT CX5. Why MT? They love rowing their own gears. Why an SUV? So that they don't strain their hips too much climbing in and out of the seats. My dad can't wait to try out heel and toeing the euro-style accelerator pedal

If you need an appliance get the Vios

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    although i have yet to drive either one of the ts' choices, i'm really digging the vios (specifically the model in this thread) simply because of its tranny. i mean after years of plowing the roads that stretch between las pinas and loyola heights w/ a stickshift, i curse thee m/t gearbox! :arghhh:

btw, the newly released a/t 1.5l nissan almera (base model) is supposedly priced at 760k. i suppose it's ok to throw this in the mix and garner a bit of a consideration
    Last edited by baludoy; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't pass any traffic to and from work that's why I'm okay with a manual transmission. If I get transferred to a location where's there's traffic, then that's probably when I'll regret getting another manual. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TS, 27k discount so 828k total. I got an AT eh. Di ako tinuruan ng manual ng parents ko since we havent owned a manual for more than 15 years already. Lol. Sayang masbagay pa naman manual sa lancer. Anyways regarding the model change. I expect it to come late 2014 or 2015. Since yun ang rumors ng dating ng new evo. Pero for me ayos lang. Nagagandahan kasi talaga ako sa look ng lancer. Tsaka who knows. It might end up like the civic na backwards ang nangyari sa design. Bibihisan ko rin kasi so hindi maluluma yung itsura :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't see the point in getting the Lancer if you already have the Altis 1.6G.

If I remember correctly, you were eying the Vios because it was cheap to run and is frugal at the pump. The Lancer on the other hand will have roughly the same running costs as the Altis.

Mirage 1.2 GLS ka nalang para tipid talaga

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I don't see the point in getting the Lancer if you already have the Altis 1.6G.

If I remember correctly, you were eying the Vios because it was cheap to run and is frugal at the pump. The Lancer on the other hand will have roughly the same running costs as the Altis.

Mirage 1.2 GLS ka nalang para tipid talaga
    Great memory! Yes I wanted the Vios because it's a very practical car. But when I saw the Lancer's features, my priorities got distorted na. hehehe.

I saw the Mirage at the casa but I don't think I'd ever own a hatch except if it were an STi :P

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Ouch! I'd like to think of Corolla owners as conservative and practical which is common among older people. hehehe.

I really like the harap of the Lancer but there's something is about the likod that I don't like. I wanna do subtle changes din. By the way I'm posting it seems like I already made my decision But I'll wait for the test drive. I am also surprised that my Mom wants the Lancer when she's also a Toyota fan like me!
    The Lancer EX has the same ride feel as the ASX on smooth roads. Similar interior too. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    My empty-nester retiree parents wanted to upgrade from their lovelife Corolla to something more exciting but still fuel-efficient. Guess what they're saving up for? An MT CX5. Why MT? They love rowing their own gears. Why an SUV? So that they don't strain their hips too much climbing in and out of the seats. My dad can't wait to try out heel and toeing the euro-style accelerator pedal
    LOL! ... the Mazda CX5 MT was a great drive and feels quick too when I had it for a few days. It handles as well as any sporty sedan and does not have the bad manners of SUVs.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    If you need an appliance get the Vios
    And enjoy taxi-driver status ... like I do! .. ;)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast