New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I've already decided on getting a Vios UNTIL I came across the new Lancer and I was surprised that it had so many features for its price!

I know that these cars belong to different categories but I really need some feedback on which is the wiser purchase? My Budget is 750k net but I decided to stretch it to P800k for the Lancer. I plan to keep the car for a minimum of 5 years.

2013 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 EX GLX MT
    Unit Price: 825,000
    Discount - 55,000
    Comprehensive Insurance with AOG
    3 yr. LTO Registration FREE
    NET: P770k

2013 Toyota Vios 1.3 G AT
    Unit Price: 747,000
    Discount - 40,000
    Comprehensive Insurance with AOG
    3 yr. LTO Registration FREE
    NET: P707k

Waiting for a model change will not solve the problem. It would add to the confusion because new models from other brand will also come out. If you need a car "now" (within the next couple of months), then buy it now.

Between the two, the choice car overall would be the Lancer EX 1.6L. You are pretty much ahead with the Lancer because of all the feartures and the optional GPS navigation (add-on module to the touchscreen). Mitsubishi reliability issues are the cars of the past. Like people still saying "Honda Prestige"... its all in the past. The Lancer EX is a very good car with very few problems if any.

The only major issue you might have with the Lancer EX is the smallish trunk. But if you don't normally bring a lot of stuff with you, its not really a problem.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    No reliability problems w/ the Mitsubishi.
    Nagkalat na ang 1.6L Ex. Mabenta talaga sya. 5 - 10 years down the line. Parts will not be an issue. Just visit Banawe for your needs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friend was telling me kasi bec there are few units of Lancer relative to Civic and Altis, shops won't stock up on parts for Lancers. And few surplus din. Also he said the resale value of the Lancer EX is really low, though it doesn't matter to me since I plan to keep the car for a long time.

BTW the sales agent from Mitsubishi owns a Vios. How ironic. hehe. What is it about the seating position of the Vios? The center thingie is so awkward for me lang talaga. It gets me dizzy.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 22nd, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^Re: Seating position, parang lutang yung pagka-upo mo. Antaas kasi masyado. We have a Civic EK and I love its seating position 100x more than our Vios. Antagal ko mag adjust ng seating position ko pag naiba yung adjustment ng Vios namin. It's just so hard to find that "perfect" seating position, if it ever has one.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    since lumabas yung 1.6 lancer ex lumakas ang benta. dati kasi 2.0 lang ang ex. kaya dumadami na sa kalsada. i think 5-10 years marami nang parts. resale value mas mataas yan compared hyundai, kia, ford, chevy, mazda, nissan. pero mas mataas pa rin ang toyota, honda

baka kulang sa budget yung SA ng mitsu. kakalabas lang ng mirage e. haha

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Waiting for a model change will not solve the problem. It would add to the confusion because new models from other brand will also come out. If you need a car "now" (within the next couple of months), then buy it now.

Between the two, the choice car overall would be the Lancer EX 1.6L. You are pretty much ahead with the Lancer because of all the feartures and the optional GPS navigation (add-on module to the touchscreen). Mitsubishi reliability issues are the cars of the past. Like people still saying "Honda Prestige"... its all in the past. The Lancer EX is a very good car with very few problems if any.

The only major issue you might have with the Lancer EX is the smallish trunk. But if you don't normally bring a lot of stuff with you, its not really a problem.
    I'm really not in a hurry to get a car but I need to replace my big body within the year since it's so old na.

What are the known issues of the Lancer EX? I couldn't find a thread or forum dedicated to the EX where I could read about its issues. It's mostly about modifications etc. The trunk is so small nga?!?! It looks so big on the exterior but it's so shallow.

Does anyone know how much that device is so I could enable the GPS or TV tuner?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    My friend was telling me kasi bec there are few units of Lancer relative to Civic and Altis, shops won't stock up on parts for Lancers. And few surplus din. Also he said the resale value of the Lancer EX is really low, though it doesn't matter to me since I plan to keep the car for a long time.

BTW the sales agent from Mitsubishi owns a Vios. How ironic. hehe. What is it about the seating position of the Vios? The center thingie is so awkward for me lang talaga. It gets me dizzy.
    Isn't it a good thing na konti lang kayong naka-Lancer sa daan kumpara sa kahit san ka lumingon eh makita mo kapareho ng sasakyan mo? Sakin kasi ok yun eh. :-) But anyway, I think yung sinasabing Lancer EX na konti lang eh yung wala pa sigurong 1.6 na variant, pero ngayon nung lumabas yan an dami ko ng nakikitang EX sa daan, kadalasan 1.6. The same goes to the SA na naka Vios, baka kasi wala pang 1.6 ang EX nung binili niya Vios niya. Kasi nung kinuha ko Lancer EX ko may mga nakapark na EX sa labas puro SA din ang may-ari.

Yung friend ko naka Vios mga 2 mos ahead lang siya nung binili ko yung EX ko, d-nrive niya yung EX ko nung nagkita kame at chineck lahat pati features ang kinabagsakan, nagsisi siya sa Vios niya. Dapat daw pla nag EX na din siya.

Hindi ko sure about sa resale value pero siguro naman hindi kababaan to kumpara mo sa Hyundai, Ford at Chevy. Matipid din naman sa gas to although may tendency na bumigat paa mo kasi ang sarap idrive hehe Fuel efficient pero pag kinailangan ang power, maasahan mo.

Isa pang magiging problema mo kung may plano kang bihisan to since 5 yrs mong gagamitin, eh sasakit ang ulo mo! Yan ang problema ko ngayon eh kung ano uunahin ko sa daming pwedeng gawin, so ang kinabagsakan, wala pa akong nasisimulan hehehe

Yun lang talaga maliit trunk, but I dont care, an laki naman ng loob. Masarap tulog ng mga pasahero ko dito nakaslouch pa sila. :-) Sa Vios sobra akong nasisikipan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, honestly the Vios has a weird seating position compared to its competitors. It can probably considered as one of its downsides. You can find an ok seating position, but it will take time. Hehe. Took me around a week or two to perfect mine.

If I were to choose between both, even though I own a Vios, I'd still pick the Lancer EX GLX any day. But if you're after better FC than your Altis, then Vios it is

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    ^Re: Seating position, parang lutang yung pagka-upo mo. Antaas kasi masyado. We have a Civic EK and I love its seating position 100x more than our Vios. Antagal ko mag adjust ng seating position ko pag naiba yung adjustment ng Vios namin. It's just so hard to find that "perfect" seating position, if it ever has one.
    I'll schedule a test drive nga with the Lancer and Vios and see which one suits me better. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    since lumabas yung 1.6 lancer ex lumakas ang benta. dati kasi 2.0 lang ang ex. kaya dumadami na sa kalsada. i think 5-10 years marami nang parts. resale value mas mataas yan compared hyundai, kia, ford, chevy, mazda, nissan. pero mas mataas pa rin ang toyota, honda

baka kulang sa budget yung SA ng mitsu. kakalabas lang ng mirage e. haha
    Tingin ko nga mapapagastos ako pag Lancer ang binili ko kasi parang ang ganda niyang pagandahin. hehe. Sobrang dami nga nag order daw ng Mirage. Ang liit na lang ng discount nila for Mirage. Yung Montero and Mirage selling like hotcakes. I don't know why it's not the same for the Lancer. Di kasi nila masyado market yung features. Naligaw lang ako sa Mitsubishi site (then lancer) because my officemates were talking about the Mirage.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Tingin ko nga mapapagastos ako pag Lancer ang binili ko kasi parang ang ganda niyang pagandahin. hehe. Sobrang dami nga nag order daw ng Mirage. Ang liit na lang ng discount nila for Mirage. Yung Montero and Mirage selling like hotcakes. I don't know why it's not the same for the Lancer. Di kasi nila masyado market yung features. Naligaw lang ako sa Mitsubishi site (then lancer) because my officemates were talking about the Mirage.
    kasi both mirage and montero pinakamura sa category nila with more features. e ang lancer hindi e. mas mura ang base ng altis at elantra kaysa lancer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast