New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you're looking to modify it, go with the Civic.
    Not the new one. The R18 has some potential, but you can do more with the Lancer's 4B11. The R20... nothing yet... nowhere near as good as the old K20.

And in terms of kikay kit... ...there's a whole lot more available for the Lancer... which makes going for the full-on Ralliart-cum-Evo look much easier.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about a Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi Powershift? At least in FC and pull (torque), it will be better than both. Not sure though how its maintenance cost would fare against the Lancer GT-A or Civic FD K20.
    Ford does not anymore sell the Focus TDCI 2.0L... so if you want this, you will be buying used cars.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post
    sa amerika number 2 worst car daw ang lancer ng mitsubishi?
    or kahit anong model ng mitsubishi?
    sa atin lang yata sikat ang mitsubishi..

HONDA ako

Look closer why the Americans don't like the Lancer EX.

In the USA, the Lancer EX is sold with a 1.5L engine. We get the 1.6L and 2.0L engine choices.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I like the Lancer but I feel it is a bit overpriced. So, I'll choose the Civic. But in the Civic line up, I still feel the limited edition 1.8 EXi (JDM) is the best variant to put your money on.

It has VSA, cruise control, hands-free bluetooth phone connectivity, back up camera and beige interior exclusive to it. Not available even in 2.0L variant.

Given the Civic's lack of "goodies", it feels much more overpriced just for the HONDA brand.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is there an online comparison of the TOTL compacts sold here in PH? Maybe that would help the TS in his choices. The prices are about the same (Php 1.2M), except for the Elantra GLS which is less than 1M. These compacts are priced near the cheaper midsize cars (Kisazhi, Sonata, Optima) which are in the 1.4M price range.

Civic 2.0
    Corolla Altis 2.0
    Lancer GT-A
    Mazda3 2.0
    Focus Sport/Titanium 2.0
    Elantra GLS 1.8

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hey, thanks everyone. Focus is out of the equation. A friend recently got the Titanium + (I think that's the sedan) and it's very cramped. Plus, I'm 6' feet tall.

We're going for brandnew. We don't really put too much stock on resale value; we're not buying it for investment but to enjoy it.

That Civic 1.8 special edition sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out when I go back to the dealer...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Go for the gta =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123