1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport (diesel)
    Price: P 795,000.00
    Specs: http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/Adventure.html

Isuzu Crosswind XT (diesel)
    Price: P 790,000.00
    Specs: http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/XT.html

Pros & cons please. Gagamitin pang Mega Taxi. Ano mas madaling i-maintain? Availability of parts? Thanks!

2. Heretic Guest
    I used to ride on these AUV's when I was still living in Marikina. They are not speed demons, but it seemed that the Crosswind could carry 11 people (including the driver) better than the Adventure especially on inclines. I've noticed this whenever I went to Panorama or Meteor Homes as these areas are mountainous.

The Crosswind's third row seems a little bit more spacious than the Adventure, but the Crosswind's ride on the side facing section felt harsher (the ones I've ridden did not have flex-ride yet, perhaps they have improved since then?) on bumps and potholes.

Fuel efficiency goes to the Crosswind, but the Adventure is not far behind.

I've felt that the Adventure's aircon is more efficient in cooling up its interior even with 10 passengers. The Crosswind's aircon seemed to "fail" when it began loading up to 7+ people.

I haven't owned either one of them so I can't comment on maintenance and availability of parts.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have a 2004 diesel Adventure GLS Sport. Extremely satisfied, thank you very much.

All diesel Adventure units are powered by the legendary 4D56 diesel engine. This powerplant has been used for so long, many mechanics are already familiar with its workings. And parts are readily available too, since this is the same engine used in the L200 and L300. But make no mistake, marami ang bilib sa tibay ng makinang ito.

As a further plus, the 4D56 is also one of the quietest diesel engines around, perfect for hauling people in comfort. Lamig pa ng aircon, thanks to Mit-Air.

There have been complaints about the steering (sakit daw ng Adventure ito), tsaka ride height is shorter than the Crosswind. But I've been able to confidently ford floods with it, habang yung mga naka-kotse eh nag-aabang bumaba yung tubig. Third-row seating is cramped, especially in the ten-seater model, which is why I got the 7-seater variant.

Fuel economy, ground clearance - Crosswind
    Everything else - Adventure

Eh, bakit nga pala GLS Sport? You can go for the lower-end GLX model, mas mura and better suited for commercial use. Hindi nga lang power yung features niya.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 21st, 2005 at 10:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ching
    Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport (diesel)
    Price: P 795,000.00
    Specs: http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/Adventure.html

Isuzu Crosswind XT (diesel)
    Price: P 790,000.00
    Specs: http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/XT.html

Pros & cons please. Gagamitin pang Mega Taxi. Ano mas madaling i-maintain? Availability of parts? Thanks!
    hi Ching! we have an Adventure Gls Gen1. what i can say is that its chockablock with mechanical problems (headlight lighting itself when parked, power windows probs, left rear bulb always burns out, seatbelt latch is hard to secure, all exterior lights would blink everytime i use the flasher, left rear door lock often times resist to open/lock, door handles easily broke, my wiper quit working last month in the middle of rain POUR...WTF?, etc)
    although all this problems i guess is traced because my car is gen1 thus one of those early production vehicles. btw, all of this problems were cured one by one and after that my car serves its purpose very well.
    the 4D56 is nearly indestructable, powerful and not as noisy as Isuzu's diesel.
    fuel economy is less thrifty than Isuzu diesel counterpart though. AC is strong and rides of newer Adventures are better than the Gen1, its less bouncy to be precise. and materials are of higher quality than those found on my ride. maintenance is really cheap.
    IMO, the XT is quite pricey for its feature content...its only equivalent to that of the GLX Adventure which is way cheaper.
    a crosswind's more roomy in the rearmost seats though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung pang mega taxi: crosswind xt ako, if the mitsu adventure boasts of the 4d56 engine, the crosswind uses the same engine that used to drive the isuzu NHR/NKR trucks - the 4JA1. have driven one for almost 120,000km w/o any problem on the engine, and it still has the same fuel efficiency. sa pulling power naman, nagamit ko na crosswind w/ 17 passengers, 8 adults and 9 small children. walang kahirap hirap umakyat and drive through minor zigzags.

ease of maintenance? medyo mahal ang parts ng isuzu OEM but since it shares almost the same parts as the hilander and fuego 4x2, replacement parts are available in most auto parts shop.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Eh, bakit nga pala GLS Sport? You can go for the lower-end GLX model, mas mura and better suited for commercial use. Hindi nga lang power yung features niya.
    Bogeyman: Mas maganda kse features ng GLS Sports kesa sa GLX and mas malapit price nya sa Isuzu Crosswind XT.

Crosswind - 2 votes
    Adventure - 2 votes

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    adventure for me, pangit ng interior sa crosswind blech. marginally better naman sa adventure.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Crosswind for me... used to have a XTO a/t until recently. The ride was bouncy at the rear and it was and unstable at high speeds (being an a/t) but the engine is very reliable and efficient. Plus i like the looks and space of the Crosswind more over the Adventure.

The Adventure is more carlike though (ride and interior comfort) AFAIK.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    go get the adventure!!! all you want is all he got!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung pag mega taxi... I'd rather go for a 2nd hand Hi-Lander / Revo.

kapag minsan na sasakay ako ng AUV Megataxi... kapag Adventure or Crosswind ang nakita ko napapamura ako dahil ang sisikip ng mga yun.

yung Adventure... hirap sa middle row kasi naka umbok pa yung mga door handles. sa likod naman... sharp yung slope nung C-pillar... nauumpog ang ulo ko sa salamin lagi.

yung Crosswind naman... medyo masakit sa tuhod ang rear seats... sobrang babaw kasi. unlike nung unang Hi-Lander na maluwag na at maganda pa ang ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport or Isuzu Crosswind XT