New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    For me ok na ang owner jeep. kung maayos naman ang takbo. 1 month lang naman e

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir ,

just a side note po isa pang cons ng ganyang setup is ;
    remember po na sa inyo po yung pangalan ng OR/CR nyan , now if anything happens na it is involve in any incident , ikaw ang hahanapin nyan.

The cons clearly outnumbers the benefits of owning an automobile if you are not frequently using it yourself.

If I were you Ill rent na lang if you are in the country , some more me choice ka pa na mamili every time na andito ka.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Got my adventure last december usually ang sakay ko 2 front x 3 gitna x 3 likod. yung likod andun lahat ng gamit mga abubot kasama na wheel chair ng mother in law ko.

kung sa kondisyon mo na sa europe ka based mag maganda ata na magrent na lang or tyaga sa owner type.
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    yan ang dating configuration ng upuan. sa newer model yung upuan sa pinaka
    likod ay paharap na rin kaya 3 lang ang makaupo. yan nakita ko advie ng isang kaibigan di ko lang alam ano model nya.
    ilalabas nila apatang yung magkaharap tapos choice nang customer kung ipapa convert, libre naman

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    buying your family a car is one thing..
    buying your brother a car to use, is another.

and time and again, the worst business partner is a relative.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

I agree on this..

I have a friend who bought a car to be used by them whenever he is in town. He works in Middle East and he can go home for a vacation mostly every year... at worst is once in 2 years....

Whenever he is not in town, he will left his car to his brother....

On the first year of ownership, everything went fine... car is new, nothing beats the smell of a new car and nothing can replace a smile of a proud owner of the new car...

On the 2nd year of ownership... he went home and need to do the PMS (still under warranty anyway) of the supposedly new car... need to replace 4 tires on the first year of ownership... there are minor scratches in the front and back of the bumper... BTW, the eldest kid of the brother and a neighbors friend can drive now.... hehehe

On the 3rd year of ownership, bushings here and there needs to be replaced....usual PMS... 2 tires up front needs to be replaced... busted rear signal lights needs to be replaced, the car looks like its been used for more than 5 years already... more scratches and minor dents in the body...

On the 3rd year and several months after kuya went back to ME... brother called, minor accident happens to the car... needs replacement of front bumper, headlights, front axle, bushings and need a new condenser for aircon + some more items... needs also to repaint the front right part of the body... aside from this, Kuya, being the owner of the car need to pay the opposing party the damages incurred by his vehicle because it turns out that his car is at fault on the vehicular accident... which happens to be owned by him.... failing to settle the issue will be a lawsuit going to happen... Since Kuya is thousand miles away he let his brother do the negotiation and paid a hefty sum of money in the process....

barely coming on the 4th year, my friend sold the car after it came out of the shop from the repairs it incurred on the accident.... for a low price... if he will compare the selling price for his barely 4 year old car + the cost of the repair he incurred, he told us... it is probably nothing compared to the stress, anger, time and long distance called aside from the money that he is sending to his brother just for upkeep of that car that he is only using barely a month each year....

Now he is a bad Kuya to his siblings because of that car... it creates a lot of issues to his own family members....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed View Post
    I agree on this..

I have a friend who bought a car to be used by them whenever he is in town. He works in Middle East and he can go home for a vacation mostly every year... at worst is once in 2 years....

Whenever he is not in town, he will left his car to his brother....

On the first year of ownership, everything went fine... car is new, nothing beats the smell of a new car and nothing can replace a smile of a proud owner of the new car...

On the 2nd year of ownership... he went home and need to do the PMS (still under warranty anyway) of the supposedly new car... need to replace 4 tires on the first year of ownership... there are minor scratches in the front and back of the bumper... BTW, the eldest kid of the brother and a neighbors friend can drive now.... hehehe

On the 3rd year of ownership, bushings here and there needs to be replaced....usual PMS... 2 tires up front needs to be replaced... busted rear signal lights needs to be replaced, the car looks like its been used for more than 5 years already... more scratches and minor dents in the body...

On the 3rd year and several months after kuya went back to ME... brother called, minor accident happens to the car... needs replacement of front bumper, headlights, front axle, bushings and need a new condenser for aircon + some more items... needs also to repaint the front right part of the body... aside from this, Kuya, being the owner of the car need to pay the opposing party the damages incurred by his vehicle because it turns out that his car is at fault on the vehicular accident... which happens to be owned by him.... failing to settle the issue will be a lawsuit going to happen... Since Kuya is thousand miles away he let his brother do the negotiation and paid a hefty sum of money in the process....

barely coming on the 4th year, my friend sold the car after it came out of the shop from the repairs it incurred on the accident.... for a low price... if he will compare the selling price for his barely 4 year old car + the cost of the repair he incurred, he told us... it is probably nothing compared to the stress, anger, time and long distance called aside from the money that he is sending to his brother just for upkeep of that car that he is only using barely a month each year....

Now he is a bad Kuya to his siblings because of that car... it creates a lot of issues to his own family members....

SAD BUT TRUE

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok mga paps maraming salamat sa input... mag isip isip nalang muna ako ulit...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Mga boss I read all your conversation about that situation and I personally Thank you very mga boss for your advice and suggestion.

Now same situation for me and same unit I'm planning to buy but I regularly had vacation every year for 45 days; I need your final advice and also what is the difference between the latest model of adventure super sport and the gls sport?

And also I read comments that the adventure no good in climbing is that true, when we climbing into hell top with heavy loaded that's normal I think. That why mga boss need your best advice and suggestion kasi de pa ako naka experience mag maniho with 8 passengers.

Considering all your advice and suggestion can we change the 15' wheels of adventure to 16' wheels, para kasing naliitan ako sa orinal wheels nya, many thanks again...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    Mga boss I read all your conversation about that situation and I personally Thank you very mga boss for your advice and suggestion.

Now same situation for me and same unit I'm planning to buy but I regularly had vacation every year for 45 days; I need your final advice and also what is the difference between the latest model of adventure super sport and the gls sport?

And also I read comments that the adventure no good in climbing is that true, when we climbing into hell top with heavy loaded that's normal I think. That why mga boss need your best advice and suggestion kasi de pa ako naka experience mag maniho with 8 passengers.

Considering all your advice and suggestion can we change the 15' wheels of adventure to 16' wheels, para kasing naliitan ako sa orinal wheels nya, many thanks again...
    Pa define mo muna kung ano ang meaning ng "hirap" at gaano ba ka steep.

May advies sa baguio, antipolo, at tagaytay.

Advie naman umaakyat ng tagaytay with ease, ewan ko lang sa driving style ng iba ha.

So i suggest, you ask the UV guys kung ok ba ang advie

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Pa define mo muna kung ano ang meaning ng "hirap" at gaano ba ka steep.

May advies sa baguio, antipolo, at tagaytay.

Advie naman umaakyat ng tagaytay with ease, ewan ko lang sa driving style ng iba ha.

So i suggest, you ask the UV guys kung ok ba ang advie
    Sorry, the word in bold should read NAMIN.

Follow up: do you really need that much power? If so, the Strada or the monty might suit your needs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast