New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Eto bang Cummins engine ng Foton ay directly galing Cummins, o licensed technology lang? I would be having some doubts about the reliability kung China made yan. There have been complaints circulating that the Isuzu-licensed engines used in Chinese trucks have been unreliable due to soft steel used among other issues. Another probable concern would be rustproofing. Yet another is parts and maintenance. I believe it is the only mass market vehicle officially available in the country that uses a Cummins engine. You'd probably be ordering from the casa all the time.

Hilux 3.04x4 M/T would be great. You get good power, acceptable gas mileage, and plenty of parts. If you want something more comfortable and manueverable, then Strada it is.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Maganda kung sa maganda ang Thunder yun nga lang parts ang problema kasi nung nag test drive ako sa Tuguegarao may isang owner ng Thunder na nagrereklamo sa katagalan ng piyesa. BTW may limited edition ang Thunder na kalalabas lang at may 100k discount.

Mag Ford Ranger ka na lang siguradong mayayakap ka pa ng dad mo sa tuwa
    ganon ba sir, bakit ano po ba daw ang piyesa ang nasira sa kanya? thank you so much sir sa insight..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    With your choices, I would choose the Hilux next is the Mitsubishi Strada. But I will replace the Foton Thunder with Ford Ranger and make it number one on the list.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Eto bang Cummins engine ng Foton ay directly galing Cummins, o licensed technology lang? I would be having some doubts about the reliability kung China made yan. There have been complaints circulating that the Isuzu-licensed engines used in Chinese trucks have been unreliable due to soft steel used among other issues. Another probable concern would be rustproofing. Yet another is parts and maintenance. I believe it is the only mass market vehicle officially available in the country that uses a Cummins engine. You'd probably be ordering from the casa all the time.

Hilux 3.04x4 M/T would be great. You get good power, acceptable gas mileage, and plenty of parts. If you want something more comfortable and manueverable, then Strada it is.
    Base from what I have read and see, nag joint venture talaga ang Cummins and Foton. May mga nabasa din ako na write ups na it’s powered by Cummins engine nakita ko rin naman yung engine nitong thunder nung nag punta ko sa mias mukhang legit naman may logo pa ng Cummins yung Thunder.

Ito yung video na nakita ko share ko lng [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJDdoKT2U28]Inside Cummins: This Is Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Company - YouTube[/ame]

And here’s the write-up nabasa ko sir Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Company starts production of Cummins ISF light-duty engine.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I would be more confident if the cummins engine was made in the u.s. and not if it is mAde or assembled in china.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    I would be more confident if the cummins engine was made in the u.s. and not if it is mAde or assembled in china.
    Almost all of Apple's products are assembled in China. The location is not the issue. It's the quality control and management that are the issue.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    almost all of apple's products are assembled in china. The location is not the issue. It's the quality control and management that are the issue.
    oo nga. Hindi naman siguro papayag ang cummins na masira ang pangalan nila. At kitang kita naman sa video na supervised pa rin ng cummins yung manufacturing ng engine.
    Do you know that even known brands such as toyota, nissan, honda, hyundai, mercedes benz, also have factories and counterparts in china?!?
    In fact, madami sa mga factories nila sa japan ang nagsara after the tsunami and they opened instead in china.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by curacha_101 View Post
    oo nga. Hindi naman siguro papayag ang cummins na masira ang pangalan nila. At kitang kita naman sa video na supervised pa rin ng cummins yung manufacturing ng engine.
    Do you know that even known brands such as toyota, nissan, honda, hyundai, mercedes benz, also have factories and counterparts in china?!?
    In fact, madami sa mga factories nila sa japan ang nagsara after the tsunami and they opened instead in china.
    Yup, i know.

But like I said, "I'd be more" confident if the engine came directly from the states. Not that i have no confidence on that made or assembled in china. And surely quality control will not be compromised because cummins wouldn't allow that.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you want your father to be happy, buy him a Ranger or Strada or HiLux.

If you hate him and perhaps wants him to meet an accident, give him a Foton.

I mean, If I were to give my enemies a pickup, I'd certainly pick Foton for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123