New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ^^^ kayang-kaya mo na bilin yung GTI-S, nasa 170-180K na lang yung mga ilang nakita ko sa buy and sell, RS naman wala yata eh (Niky, ayaw bitawan yung RS nila ah hehe).

Ano ba yung 4g63T? hindi ba 4g63 na yung nasa GTi?

BTW, may RS dun lapit sa parking ko, medyo pa-simple na silip ko yung interior, white na pala yung meter clusters nya and is it all leather na two tone or plastic yung iba? Well, i think I've found a replacement sedan for the ghia!!! test drive na alng kailangan. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    4G63 is NA 2.0L...the 4G63T is turboed....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yung leather lang sa RS yung steering wheel (Italian Nardi original) at yung gearshift knob at handbrake handle (not the same quality, but looks good).

Leather seats were a 40k peso upgrade, so not many of us have them. The reason many of us bought the RS was because of the bargain price... (in other words, "cheap" kami! ).

You just have to keep looking. Pa-minsan-minsan lang lumalabas yung ads sa RS, but I know there are at least two or three on sale at any time.

In buying secondhand, take your time. Find out about warranty and whether the car has been serviced well. The "Centennial Edition" is only special because of the "100 years" badge and the Nardi badge (not sure if this is the case on all Centennials) on the steering wheel, so feel free to pick from either. While there may only be 100 Centennials, there are just over 200 RS's in the Philippines anyway, so rarity shouldn't be a factor in the price when buying.

There are also black non-Centennial RS's, as well as just one factory-color white RS, and one factory-color aqua RS... neither of which are likely to be on the market anytime in the near future. :evillaugh

I know we always say to try to buy stock cars as much as possible, but if you're into the "speed" thing, brand-name mods are expensive (can you say 20k for a midpipe!?!). So if an RS has H&R springs and shocks and Thunder headers and exhaust... go right ahead and get it. Just make sure the intake mods are reversible or that a heat shield is included with the air filter (although most of us don't have heat shields yet, it's a good idea).

Just beware the over-modified ones... one's already been posted here... I'll leave it up to you to dig up the pics...
    Last edited by niky; March 14th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mit Galant GTi vs Ford Lynx RS