New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Naigi View Post
    Follow up question po. Regarding fuel consumption. malaki ba difference ng Vios at G4? Could I easily get 14km/l on both? My daily route kasi is around 22km one way.

12 km - nlex
    3.4 km - city driving with minimal trafic
    9.3 km - highway with stop light(no traffic)

medyo specific yung route, base on google map kasi.
    Based on the route you posted, 14km/l is very doable on both cars, the G4 would surely have better FC among the two

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Pa bump naman po dito. Yesterday po kasi pumunta ako sa toyota at mitsubishi na malapit sa amin. Then inoferan ako ng agent ng vios E with 55k discount. So malamang mgvvios na ako. Pero what bothers me is the fuel consumption of this car. I think I already red all articles regarding FC, but I didn't get any consistent answer. Some articles say around 7 to 8km/l, others say it is under power that why it affects the FC, I also red the Baguio eco run of g4 and vios and they both did great. I wonder if that is achieveable in a real world driving conditon. And anyone here have a first hand experience reagarding the fuel consumption of Vios E MT?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Naigi View Post
    Pa bump naman po dito. Yesterday po kasi pumunta ako sa toyota at mitsubishi na malapit sa amin. Then inoferan ako ng agent ng vios E with 55k discount. So malamang mgvvios na ako. Pero what bothers me is the fuel consumption of this car. I think I already red all articles regarding FC, but I didn't get any consistent answer. Some articles say around 7 to 8km/l, others say it is under power that why it affects the FC, I also red the Baguio eco run of g4 and vios and they both did great. I wonder if that is achieveable in a real world driving conditon. And anyone here have a first hand experience reagarding the fuel consumption of Vios E MT?
    I did a solo eco-run for the Aero-Vios articles.
    The Aero-Vios Experiment (Part 2): Did our hard work pay off? | TopGear.com.ph

The Vios 1.3 can do around 20-22 in straight highway running at 80 km/h. The Mirage 1.2 and Swift 1.2 both eclipse it (I've seen 26+ from the Mirage), but both are much smaller cars.

In traffic... can't say. The Vios 1.3 has no economy gauge, and I never did a tank-to-tank measure in the city.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I did a solo eco-run for the Aero-Vios articles.
    The Aero-Vios Experiment (Part 2): Did our hard work pay off? | TopGear.com.ph

The Vios 1.3 can do around 20-22 in straight highway running at 80 km/h. The Mirage 1.2 and Swift 1.2 both eclipse it (I've seen 26+ from the Mirage), but both are much smaller cars.

In traffic... can't say. The Vios 1.3 has no economy gauge, and I never did a tank-to-tank measure in the city.
    And I thought I already read all of the articles regarding the fuel consumption of vios. Thank you Sir Niky for the link. I think I would definitely consider Vios now. Given my daily route would be 70% highway.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    My take on the matter...

TS, you mentioned in your previous post na galing ka sa Lancer EL 1.3. Try comparing your previous cars specs with your new choices. That way you can come up with a better decision on what to buy. As for fuel efficiency, it the driver that will be the biggest contributing factor. Noting your route, It would be best to keep the speed between 80-88 km/h in the nlex(or at least between 2.5-3 rpm for the cars of your choice). IMHO, that would be a realistic speed to meet your traveling demands. Unless you want to keep it at the min nlex speed and adjust your schedule for the sake of saving gas money.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pdspd View Post
    Vios all the Way!
    Why?
    1.seating capacity
    2.luggage/compartment
    3.reliable vvti engine(Chain Driven)+optional aftermarket turbocharger kit
    4.power/torque-4 passengers 4cylinder vs 4 passengers 3 cylinder=almost same fuel consumption
    5.Toyota engines,if properly maintained.can easily surpass the 500,000kms(ODOMETER) w/o overhauling.
    6.Parts-toyota parts available everywhere in the philippines.
    7.Watch the coming VIOS CUP to be held this month at BGC.
    My sister in law has a mirage(hatch a/t).not that fuel efficient as they advertise.and you can hear even the slightest sound outside/road when driving.its still your choice...
    reliable talaga vios, im approaching 4 years( 3yr, 9mo.) and only battery has been changed , plus the usual cleaning/maintenance of oil and aircon filters.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    I just got my vios J mt, i like it, very fuel efficient. I rode it in the city and on long trips already and just satisfied with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123