New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi Tsikoters!

I am really torn between these 2 cars, both has exactly the same price, the G4 around 628k and the Vios at around 630k. And also to give a detailed look on what I like with those to cars:

Mirage G4 GLS MT:
    1. Interior Look:
    Push Start
    Keyless Entry with alarm
    GPS
    All Power
    ABS
    2. Mas matipid sa Vios
    3. 55k worth of accessories

Vios J MT:
    1. Exterior Look
    2. 4 cylinder engine (meaning potential for engine mods compare to g4's 3 cylinder)

To sum it up, I am torn between the luxury of a top of the line variant(more on interior) or the exterior look of a Vios with basic interior, but has a potential for future mods, although G4 also has its potential when it comes to exterior looks, but let's face it, mas pogi sa labas ang Vios compare to G4. So my question mga tsikoters, I you were to choose which one will you buy? And if there are any points that I missed regarding the specs of those cars, you can give some inputs. BTW, the J variant I was referring to is not the base model, I saw a J variant which is a power with and has foglamps.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Vios ako dito without a doubt, the added amenities of the Mirage can never compensate for the 4 cylinder engine of the Vios. Except for the side mirrors, all power na rin ang Vios J.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The toys you get with the Mirage can be added on to the Vios later. The Vios feels more stable around corners and at high speeds.

The Mirage is lighter and should get better mileage.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Big factor ang 4 cylinder ng vios pag madalas ka mag-highway/provincial driving. Pag puro city driving naman, more than enough na ang g4

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If only Mitsubishi stuffed a 4 banger in the Mirage, serious contender yan.

But they did not.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    So majority, OK lang i-sacrifice yung luxury ng top of the line such as: KOS, ABS, Push start, Climate control etc. (yung mga tipo ng accessories na hindi basta basta nailalagay sa car) para sa 4 cylinder engine at exterior looks? My current ride is a lancer 1995 model, the 'EL' variant which means 'all pawis' kaya siguro malaking bagay sakin sa bagong car ung mga yun, although cyempre gusto ko rin naman ang engine mods in the near future, nalilito pa rin talaga ako. anymore input guys?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Test drive both. Luxurious lang ang Mirage in terms of toys. When you hit the craters they call roads baka magbago pa opinion mo

I usually put my phone on the passenger's seat when I drive alone. It stays put when I corner in the Vios. Using the Mirage on the same corner at the same speed lipad na si cell hahanapin ko na sa ilalim ng jack.

My '95 Lancer, even with its busted bushings and shocks, still drove and rode better than either the Mirage or the Vios

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Naigi View Post
    Hi Tsikoters!

I am really torn between these 2 cars, both has exactly the same price, the G4 around 628k and the Vios at around 630k. And also to give a detailed look on what I like with those to cars:

Mirage G4 GLS MT:
    1. Interior Look:
    Push Start
    Keyless Entry with alarm
    GPS
    All Power
    ABS
    2. Mas matipid sa Vios
    3. 55k worth of accessories

Vios J MT:
    1. Exterior Look
    2. 4 cylinder engine (meaning potential for engine mods compare to g4's 3 cylinder)

To sum it up, I am torn between the luxury of a top of the line variant(more on interior) or the exterior look of a Vios with basic interior, but has a potential for future mods, although G4 also has its potential when it comes to exterior looks, but let's face it, mas pogi sa labas ang Vios compare to G4. So my question mga tsikoters, I you were to choose which one will you buy? And if there are any points that I missed regarding the specs of those cars, you can give some inputs. BTW, the J variant I was referring to is not the base model, I saw a J variant which is a power with and has foglamps.
    Based on the price of the G4 you posted, P628 is for the GLX CVT, if this is the right one you are referring to, then this is not equipped with those interior features.

So majority, OK lang i-sacrifice yung luxury ng top of the line such as: KOS, ABS, Push start, Climate control etc. (yung mga tipo ng accessories na hindi basta basta nailalagay sa car) para sa 4 cylinder engine at exterior looks? My current ride is a lancer 1995 model, the 'EL' variant which means 'all pawis' kaya siguro malaking bagay sakin sa bagong car ung mga yun, although cyempre gusto ko rin naman ang engine mods in the near future, nalilito pa rin talaga ako. anymore input guys?
    If all power, safety and standard features hanap mo, why not include the Honda Amaze? It's in the same price range. Although I don't like the fact na the base model has steel rims, but this can be easily fixed

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Based on the price of the G4 you posted, P628 is for the GLX CVT, if this is the right one you are referring to, then this is not equipped with those interior features.

Some dealers in sulit offers G4 GLS MT for 628k, also has a free 55k worth of accessories.

If all power, safety and standard features hanap mo, why not include the Honda Amaze? It's in the same price range. Although I don't like the fact na the base model has steel rims, but this can be easily fixed
    Sa looks kasi nya parang mas maliit pa sa g4. I'm really torn between the looks of the vios vs the features of a G4 GLS. hirap mgdecide.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So majority, OK lang i-sacrifice yung luxury ng top of the line such as: KOS, ABS, Push start, Climate control etc.
    Lesser toys = lesser headaches in the long run.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 7th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast