New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by angelinesayoc View Post

yes confident naman po ako that i will have a steady income of at least around 25-30k with minimal share sa household expenses under that timeline. so brand new na po ano? yes leave page po pinipindot ko kaso talagang ganun nangyayari. ang weird nga eh. thanks!
    Siguro naman, magkakaroon ka ng additional income yearly. Baka magkakaproblema ka lang pag used car especially sa mga used cars na 250K and below. Used cars are for those who can understand cars. Baka mas lako kang mapapamahal kesa bumili ka ng brand new na Mirage plus yung sakit sa ulo.

***Sorry, it should be the other way around. "Stay on this page" dapat. May problema yata ang forum page natin. Leave the page by clicking New Posts or Forum at the menu bar then you will be asked again. This time, click "Leave this page".

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    +1 on mirage. ung glx At sulit po sa price

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on mirage. ung glx At sulit po sa price

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're willing to pay 250k used, then go for the highest downpayment / lowest monthly payment scheme for brand new that you can.

A base Mirage / Spark / Picanto can go for 8k a month or less with the proper downpayment, and will be less headache to run than a secondhand car.

The problem with the Celerio is it's tiny. The rear seat is smaller than even the rear seat in the Eon, which costs a lot less. But if it's just you, that's not a problem.

If you drive alone and value economy, can't do much better than a Celerio or Eon (the Alto has great economy, but it's getting old). If you need an automatic, stick with the Mirage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by angelinesayoc View Post
    hello! I need expert help. It's my first time to buy a car and I'm so torn about my choices. I'm also a first time driver, just finished driving school less than a month ago. I also had my car loan approved for the Mirage GLX A/T though I need to have a few more documents settled para maging okay na siya. I'm still having second thoughts on buying a brand new car, knowing that i'll be paying 10k a month for this medyo nag-aalangan ako.

So my question would be, is this a wise choice? Or should I scout for other options? other cars in my mind are suzuki celerio or a 2nd hand toyota/honda.

Here's my situation:
    1. I clearly don't want to spend 700-800k for a car even if I saved up. I feel like this is too pricey for me as a single person. unless I'm really losing a lot on not owning a city/vios/accent/rio/fiesta, then maybe, just maybe, i *might* consider. matatagalan nga lang ako kasi magiipon pa ulit ako.
    2. my mom and my boyfriend are against buying 2nd hand cars. but i might also considering it since im having 2nd thoughts on my car loan. imagine, 5 years na 10k? shocks! haha! if i really find a good 2nd hand deal, then maybe, i might also consider this. I just have to convince them
    3. My budget for a 2nd hand car max is 250k, pwedeng ipush sa 300k kung magiipon pa ako ng konti.
    4. My budget for a brand new car is 150k max downpayment, then 12k max monthly. Pero if nagipon pa ako for another year, then maybe i can do 14k monthly.
    5. I clearly want A/T car, na new look, fuel efficient, mostly for city driving.
    6. No experience in auto repairs, and no knowledge. Haha. Although I have a tito in the household who knows a lot about cars, I want to minimize bothering him with problems in my car.

Sorry ang haba. Haha! But considering all of this, which is the best choice for me? sobrang torn po ako so i need all the help i ca get. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
    if you are quite new to cars including maintenance, i would suggest a brand new one.... mirage is an excellent choice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Get the mirage its the best deal in town right now or hold on a little bit I heard Suzuki will launch new models.

re financial aspect... save a little bit more and get 50% down 3 year term.

re 2nd hand... since you're new in automotive dont even think about getting one unless you personally know the history of the vehicle, you might fall into lemon or defective, heavily repaired totaled vehicle, ex taxi/ colorum, flooded unit, or even defects on registration or may kaso.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    kung A/T ka Mirage would probably do since it has larger engine and lower price than the Celerio. But if you're on the M/T and really has a tight budget, the Eon and Alto are the choices. Get a brand new car since you don't know how to spot a cranky 2nd hand one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    have you considered the casa's pre-owned cars? they are used cars, but have undergone a (supposed to be) thorough check.. they're less expensive than new ones, but they do have a limited warranty...
    i am not informed as to just how much they cost, but they are definitely cheaper than new units...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    thanks for all the advice! really appreciate it. Will reserve for my Mirage A/T unit tomorrow

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    we have the same dilemna, we have the same budget and we have the same choice, hahahhaha, although kakatawag lang ng bpi credit sakin for CI, not sure kung approved or not. Sana approve na para makuha ko na mirage ko.

kung ok naman din ang sahod mo go for the brand new,

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    re 2nd hand... since you're new in automotive dont even think about getting one unless you personally know the history of the vehicle, you might fall into lemon or defective, heavily repaired totaled vehicle, ex taxi/ colorum, flooded unit, or even defects on registration or may kaso.
    OT: Sumama ako sa friend ko maghanap ng used na corolla AE92. One seller told me it had: sport springs daw yung (Putol springs halata naman sa pagpaypay), malamig aircon kaya nag-off kaagad (sign ng hindi maayos na aircon system), cheap used tires can be had (might be a hidden defect sa alignment, etc...). Yung kaibigan ko gustong kunin na, but I told him huwag. He eventually got another used AE92 which was sold again after 6 months due to hidden problems.

I guess you are better off with a Mirage or Celerio. Both are nice cars. Might get one soon, too. :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mirage Vs. Celerio Vs. 2nd hand Toyota/Honda?